Anyone hgv driving on here?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

f**k hell, that’s a bit of an over reaction isn’t it ?  I couldn’t give two fucks if you were with Smokey and the bandit I was only giving you a heads up about driving wagons. If you know so mu

I was with a qualified paid for expensive instructor and fully insured and supervised by an expert I'm not a retard having a go of a mates truck what did you think I was doing you f.ng idiot.

it's driving a big lorry mate

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, tomburras said:

I had a drive in a class 2 today for a few hours, it was great. Maybe a future career change.

Till you get a tug by VOSA and they rinse you for a weeks wages for something you could do absolutely nothing about ! 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, WILF said:

Till you get a tug by VOSA and they rinse you for a weeks wages for something you could do absolutely nothing about ! 

I was with a qualified paid for expensive instructor and fully insured and supervised by an expert I'm not a retard having a go of a mates truck what did you think I was doing you f.ng idiot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
7 minutes ago, tomburras said:

I was with a qualified expensive instructor and fully insured and supervised I'm not a retard what did you think I was doing berk

f**k hell, that’s a bit of an over reaction isn’t it ? 
I couldn’t give two fucks if you were with Smokey and the bandit I was only giving you a heads up about driving wagons.

If you know so much about it, why are you f***ing asking !

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 13
3 minutes ago, WILF said:

f**k hell, that’s a bit of an over reaction isn’t it ? 
I couldn’t give two fucks if you were with Smokey and the bandit I was only giving you a heads up about driving wagons.

If you know so much about it, why are you f***ing asking !

Apologies sir ? I got that wrong. 

• Like 1

If you are going in for your class 1 go the full hog and get your ADR, chemicals are where the proper money is, I last worked for a chemical haulage company about 10 years ago and we had lads moving nitric acid working nights 4 on 4 off and they were on 45k a year, we were on really good money in the garage but if they were short of drivers we would fight for driving shifts on our days off, you could do between 300/400 quid per shift on the chemicals ?

• Thanks 1

What Wilf was saying is VOSA will pull you up randomly when your driving when you have passed your test I used to drive HGVs for the railway picking up scrap rail ect nothing is light on the railway and they take you into their centres dip your tank stick you on the weigh bridge check you taco digi card etc, many a time it’s a sweat to see if you’ve gone over or not, I dug a big hole with a grab lorry once for a mate to put in a swimming pool that was an interesting load of wet earth the thing could hardly move when I tried to pull away ? god I’m glad them days are over.

Good luck though depends what your doing now it could be a good career change providing you get a good little number.

• Like 1