Waterproofing

10 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

I have the torrent 111 ridgeline jacket and found it's only waterproof in light showers with the material it is i dont know how you could make it fully waterproof to be honest unlike the old wax jackets.

Mine were good when new but got terrible now. Good job I carry a couple in the car ?

go on e bay mate and get diver daves water repellant spray two bottles for around £15 its good stuff get your jacket warm and heated up i put mine in the tumble dryer and spray it with the stuff and work it into the seams it works and when your jacket gets wet the water beads up on it and rolls off i did my breathable fishing waders with it and its spot on the lad who sells it was a north sea diver hence the name diver dave hes got vids on you tube of it have a look 

• Like 1
On 07/11/2022 at 14:47, pengelli said:

go on e bay mate and get diver daves water repellant spray two bottles for around £15 its good stuff get your jacket warm and heated up i put mine in the tumble dryer and spray it with the stuff and work it into the seams it works and when your jacket gets wet the water beads up on it and rolls off i did my breathable fishing waders with it and its spot on the lad who sells it was a north sea diver hence the name diver dave hes got vids on you tube of it have a look 

Can you put a link on for it on eBay mate 

On 08/11/2022 at 22:37, belucky said:

Can you put a link on for it on eBay mate 

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

It works well on fishing flies, it was not designed for this but appears to work on all but CDC - no idea why! It was never...

Just ordered myself some tonight so I'll see how it works on my decathlon shooting coat when it arrives. 

Edited by gnipper
  • Like 3
12 hours ago, gnipper said:
WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

It works well on fishing flies, it was not designed for this but appears to work on all but CDC - no idea why! It was never...

Just ordered myself some tonight so I'll see how it works on my decathlon shooting coat when it arrives. 

Funnily enough I have ordered some gnipper, also for My decathlon coat , I have tried all types of spray and wash in product, could have bought a new coat ?

• Haha 1
On 05/11/2022 at 07:47, Gypsydog94 said:

Anybody got any recommendations for a decent waterproofing? To be used on ridgeline jackets. Turns out the first decent morning of rain and there not as waterproof as I thought ???‍♂️

Tx direct wash waterproof by nikwax works and you can also get nikwax cleaner qnd they can be used in washing machines so no more hand washing ,I used it on my ridgeline smock and my torent jacket ,

I'm sure they few diffrent waterproof but tx direct works for me and easy to do 

I've had a go at treating this decathlon jacket with the spray tonight, not worn it out in heavy rain yet to test it properly but the water I chucked on it came off faster than it went on so looks good so far.

Edited by gnipper
  • Like 1