When / how often do you check Zero?

After reading some posts in this section, there seems to be varying opinions on when or how often you should check Zero . For what it’s worth,  this is what I do . Once zeroed, I leave it alone, I don’t check it every time I go out . If I drop or knock the rifle , I will go home and check zero before my next outing , but I have also shot rabbits to put my mind at rest after a miss . If I miss ( sometimes you know it’s you and not the rifle) and think there is something not right , I go home and don’t continue . I will check zero before my next outing . 
           If I am trying a different load or batch of bullets, these get a check . But apart from that , I can go for months and not put a bullet on paper . 

• Like 1

Same as you sl.. I check when I do a new batch or if I miss something and I felt confident it was a good shot. 
The pard was on a rifle that long that I had to Google how to zero it when I put it on a different gun.. it had been bouncing round back of the truck for about 8 months dropped in the field and was still bang on. 
my 6.5 scope has never been touched since I fitted it years ago and between new batches of home loads it’s only ever been half a bullet poi shift

• Like 2

Only check zero if I have a miss that I cant explain .

The old scope on my .22 once zeroed only got checked 0nce in 20 odd years because it fell off my back , guess what it was fine.

People like to blame the scope for a miss but in reality I have found it's always pilot error.

I like to use my rounds on quarry and not paper ?

• Like 2

I had an accident on a quad and rolled it . The quad went over my CZ .223 with a Schmidt and Bender scope .The  rifles barrel was stuck in the ground and the rifle was squashed into the damp ground. After pushing all the soil  out and cleaning it , I was amazed,  It was bang on . 

Edited by shovel leaner
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, si brown said:

The pard was on a rifle that long

Was that original mount what it came with? This new 008S of mine the mount seems to work loose just going about on bike... gonna loctite it. 

I don't intentionally check zero, but I have 3 permanent gongs around different parts of farm, quite often (5+ times a week) shoot them from different ranges when going about on bike, just a shot here & there. Just an excuse to avoid getting some work done!! 

Edited by BenBhoy
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, BenBhoy said:

I mean loose the two nuts fixing mount to picatinny, not the hex screws holding unit onto the actual mount. 

Yeah the original mount works fine and it’s never come loose, you shouldn’t have to loktite it though:(

• Like 1
2 hours ago, si brown said:

Yeah the original mount works fine and it’s never come loose, you shouldn’t have to loktite it though:(

Original 008 I had never came loose. This one, on exact same rail, day of  vibration on quad & it needs nipping quarter turn.