Got the hog rig back

Near about laid out my entire hog hunting rig between a few buddies over the last year but lately I've had people on my back left and right about shooting hog on their property so finally got all my stuff back and put back together.

IMG_20220828_101332089_HDR.jpg.20993227868e5165d5235e7918cdbc82.jpg

Only problem is due to all the crap goin on with Russia I can't get the cheap steal ca d tula or wolf ammo I fed this girl and brass cased ammo in this caliber is crazy. Well guess its time to bite the bullet order some power and primers and see what I can come up with.

Hope I'll have some videos up soon

• Like 4

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Near about laid out my entire hog hunting rig between a few buddies over the last year but lately I've had people on my back left and right about shooting hog on their property so finally got all my s

It’s 2022 , and I think we should accept Ben , however he wants to identify himself . If he wants to parade around the fields with pink hunting accessories, then that’s up to him . ?

Okie dokie so Main rig set up.  The rifle is a standard AR-15 noting really fancy. The lower is a FMK polymer lower. Have had it for 8 years now and it's been holding up just fine. I did hav

Posted Images

What kind of accuracy are you getting from the tripod wolfie ?  I’m thinking about buying one . But I just can’t see how one point of support can be that steady . 
             Could you put a bullet in an 2” target at 150 meters ? Do us an honest non bias test . Walk around so that you are slightly out of breath . Then , quickly set up for a shot and put one shot on target. I have  some homemade quad sticks but they have limitations tracking a moving fox . 

1 hour ago, shovel leaner said:

What kind of accuracy are you getting from the tripod wolfie ?  I’m thinking about buying one . But I just can’t see how one point of support can be that steady . 
             Could you put a bullet in an 2” target at 150 meters ? Do us an honest non bias test . Walk around so that you are slightly out of breath . Then , quickly set up for a shot and put one shot on target. I have  some homemade quad sticks but they have limitations tracking a moving fox . 

I've got the exact same tripod mate (bogpod deathgrip). Pros - it is absolutely rock solid whilst still being able to track 360° and tilt up & down. Totally hands free once clamped. It is really really steady. Can shoot from prone to standing by adjustable legs which can be locked.

Cons - I've got aluminium one & it's a fucķing lump to carry. I do manage it, walking a good distance on a night out. But I'm a lot younger than you!! ? Even once you have got used to lugging it around, if Charlie pops out unannounced, then it's not the quickest to set up. For a semi permanent ambush/bait shoot, it's perfect. And I make do with it as a mobile unit too. 

1 hour ago, shovel leaner said:

Could you put a bullet in an 2” target at 150 meters ?

Yes, easy peasy. I easily & regularly  hit gong at 350+ with my 204. I now use that tripod to zero off, I find it more stable than rifle mounted Harris type bipod & it's what I use on night out so make most sense to practice. 

20220129_214724.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

I've got the exact same tripod mate (bogpod deathgrip). Pros - it is absolutely rock solid whilst still being able to track 360° and tilt up & down. Totally hands free once clamped. It is really really steady. Can shoot from prone to standing by adjustable legs which can be locked.

Cons - I've got aluminium one & it's a fucķing lump to carry. I do manage it, walking a good distance on a night out. But I'm a lot younger than you!! ? Even once you have got used to lugging it around, if Charlie pops out unannounced, then it's not the quickest to set up. For a semi permanent ambush/bait shoot, it's perfect. And I make do with it as a mobile unit too. 

Yes, easy peasy. I easily & regularly  hit gong at 350+ with my 204. I now use that tripod to zero off, I find it more stable than rifle mounted Harris type bipod & it's what I use on night out so make most sense to practice. 

20220129_214724.jpg

7 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

20220129_214724.jpg

Thanks Ben , Mobile shooting on foot is my Achilles heel . I seldom miss when I’ve got the Harris bi-pod up and am shooting off a vehicle. Also I’m no stranger to quad sticks and they are unbelievably stable when the fox is still and you can set up properly and use the fifth leg to really lock it up , but I also have found that tracking a nervous fox that is on the move is not ideal and it’s these foxes that I’ve missed off my quad sticks in the past because I have tried to push the quads instead of picking them up and reset them . It’s never been a real problem before , but I know as soon as it gets wet then I’m on foot , and I simply don’t enjoy shooting off my old homemade sticks . I don’t think I’m going to have to walk massive distances , my plan is to bait and wait and also use a remote caller . So hopefully they can come to me ?. I’m a lazy b*****d. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I don’t think I’m going to have to walk massive distances , my plan is to bait and wait and also use a remote caller . So hopefully they can come to me

Then the above tripod is absolutely mint mate, ideal for the job. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I noticed that pink thing near your rifle , is that there to show your affiliation with the “ Pride” movement? Or is it a foot loop for extra stability? 

Ffs don't you start as well!! ?? 

It's one of these

BESTFOXCALL.CO.UK

<h4>including UK postage</h4> <h2>NOW IN STOCK!!!</h2> <h3>Brand New to the UK - the...

Jus so happens to be pink!! ?️‍? ??

1 minute ago, BenBhoy said:

Ffs don't you start as well!! ?? 

It's one of these

BESTFOXCALL.CO.UK

<h4>including UK postage</h4> <h2>NOW IN STOCK!!!</h2> <h3>Brand New to the UK - the...

Jus so happens to be pink!! ?️‍? ??

You have just confirmed what we have all suspected ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1