Know what these are ?

• terryd changed the title to Know what these are ?

These days, wild life study’s are normally the pre curser to a housing development……they don’t actually care about the wild life, it’s just a box tick to say they did it.

I ran across two dudes one night on a bit of my permission years back, so I asked what they were up to and they said “Wild life study” as there was a proposed housing estate.

”We are looking for newts etc”

So I said, never mind the newts what about the badger setts ?

Theres one over there, one over there and a massive one that must be 50 years old just on the crest of that rise, runs right along that hedge row.

Its a housing estate now ! 

• Like 4
32 minutes ago, WILF said:

These days, wild life study’s are normally the pre curser to a housing development……they don’t actually care about the wild life, it’s just a box tick to say they did it.

I ran across two dudes one night on a bit of my permission years back, so I asked what they were up to and they said “Wild life study” as there was a proposed housing estate.

Theres one over there, one over there and a massive one that must be 50 years old just on the crest of that rise, runs right along that hedge row.

protected when it suits arnt they...money always talks ...and loosens morals 

• Like 7
9 minutes ago, TOMO said:

protected when it suits arnt they...money always talks ...and loosens morals 

Very true mate, they did a big new port development where I used to live (biggest port in Europe apparently when it’s finished) they put up funnel fences and traps everywhere for a few years, used to see Hares and all sorts…….after the study & relocation you never saw a Hare again.

They spent thousands trapping voles and mice and newts and all sorts of stuff and moving it ! 

1 hour ago, WILF said:

spot on Wilf..mate of mine sold the land around 7 yrs ago.. supposedly 300 houses,golf club ,shops and a school going there,locals kicked off,we had that YOLO fella down here protesting theres,rare flowers,crested newts,dormice and a massive old pig sett that was dead for 30 yrs until a few was relocated there...I've been dropping rabbits there for yrs from all over the country...2 mins from my house,can do what I want there,be a shame when it goes...I've got a fair few dogs buried in a spot on the hill under a big old oak ?Photo0276.jpg.7f10204097e292e078b1c21ec2ea046c.jpg

• Like 2
4 hours ago, WILF said:

There was a plan to re-route an A road that had two options. The first would go over a golf course. The second was planned to go over where I went shooting. The golf club hired a lawyer to oppose the plans. 'A friend' relocated some crested newts from a pond near to his house 12 miles away into a little pond that was on our shoot and right on the route of the road. Then 'discovered' and publicised the newt's location. 

The road never got built.

Sometimes it works.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, terryd said:

with in site of the dual carrageway 

there's a few by me and the kick outs go onto single track country lanes... sometimes you can't get up the lane,unless you got a 4x4...looks like some cnuts gone through with a tipper and tipped 2 ton of soil and a bales worth of straw ??