• 3 months later...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I would share Few mounts I have been working on cheers RR

Fukk!!! I want that second fawn to follow me home ~ so I can keep it!  

That roe buck mount is stunning ?

Posted Images

On 04/08/2022 at 06:31, foxdropper said:

I realise that mate but if lifelike forms are the goal then I feel I’ve seen enough up close and personal foxes to have an opinion .Something isn’t right with length of muzzle and flat face .

I agree about it’s his signature but I expect the man would rather they looked spot on than settle for less . 

03635170-871C-49E0-92A0-6581CE21BE73.jpeg
Others may think this is wrong but this to me is the essence of a fox .

The spiders lifelike too ?

It's the eyes on both that don't look right.  positioning of the eyes an skin around the eyes isn't correct.  You see this in alot of work the eyes other than that the work you cant knock it . There was a chap who lived near me seen a few bits of his work at a pals house when we were kids. Locals lads who went hunting at the time called him the mad doctor. 

Screenshot_20221118_151206_Google.jpg

7 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Look at his stoats an stuff, some them are best iv saw, ye expect the cnuts to move ??

Yeah seen the stouts great work ?  Think the trouts taking the flys though will take some beating. A can see one of them in an orvis tackle shop above some hardy reels in cabinet. If I was doing them that's where I'd be taking them to sell doing the rounds at all the money shops.  The frog work he's done too an the terrapin something else them. Reminds me of bates motel told Norman bates lol. 

• Like 2
On 04/08/2022 at 06:31, foxdropper said:

I realise that mate but if lifelike forms are the goal then I feel I’ve seen enough up close and personal foxes to have an opinion .Something isn’t right with length of muzzle and flat face .

I agree about it’s his signature but I expect the man would rather they looked spot on than settle for less . 

03635170-871C-49E0-92A0-6581CE21BE73.jpeg
Others may think this is wrong but this to me is the essence of a fox .

The spiders lifelike too ?

Is that one of Steves?

6 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Yes mate .Mine now ?

True story this, A good few years ago a mate of mine rang and asked if Steve still did mounts. i said yes. Why, He said that a couple of lads had brought him a munty that there dog had accidently caught and they wanted a head and shoulder mount doing, As The munty was already in his garage i said i would pop over and skin it off, Upon arriving it was hanging in his garage great i thought, Happy days, However as i got closer i noticed its throat was cut, Not a great start, some i am thinking i have a spare cape in the freezer. Anyway i start skinning it and make another discovery, Turning to these young lads i ask what dog it was, This x that they replied. Well its one clever dog i answered. Whys that they said, Because it can also use a f***ing gun ?? at that point i just pissed off and left it hanging half done, 

1 minute ago, foxdropper said:

He did a run of capes etc for me if I supplied him with roe capes .Dried up now so I’m guessing he has another supplier .Not a problem ,I’m sorting something with another stuffer .

I think he moved onto mainly African stuff mate.

4 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

??

That wasn’t you that stuffed the muntie cape I brought up that my son in law caught with his lurcher was it .Steve said it was done by his apprentice and wasn’t wrong either .?

No not me mate, i wouldn't know where to start and more importantly, i have no patience what so ever, it would end up over the back fence if it didn't go right within the first hour ?