African Werewolf

Cool story from the fb. Talk to a guy in one of our trapping groups who shoots alot of hyena like this for depredation work and they really make out little coyote look like a joke... especially when a .300wsm or .330 win mag are the preferred rounds apparently ? Screenshot_20220427-014836_1.png.6c2ac74f7c0d445f8d84fac9aec665fb.pngScreenshot_20220427-014843_1.png.35d13db050639da5956dc3e4e200282b.png

FB_IMG_1651042132203.jpg.a6bc0e9bd0b5a6b7214a43179e17d795.jpgFB_IMG_1651042133994.jpg.52cc85079379a71944a5127ab3f24efd.jpgFB_IMG_1651042135940.jpg.8331e8daee3d08cc463a016021f4bd1a.jpgFB_IMG_1651042139720.jpg.d84d31f3df8a1b938cddf7bd84670eb2.jpg

FB_IMG_1651042137883.jpg

Edited by Wolfdog91
  • Like 3

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was in Kenya in 2009 ish , under the shadow of ol kan jo where we were parked in a liga. Massive non tac so we had a fire pit in the middle , flaming away all night in our razor wire square a small

Now, killing is killing and I accept that…..but running a fox with a lurcher that may or may not get away Scot free is a bit different to shooting say a lion in a pen with an arrow ! May not be t

That's definitely a mean looking beast   You could guarantee, if we had them here, some chav would be taking photos of it on the sofa next to their toddler. 

Posted Images

It’s a hyena anyway, not a f***ing “wherewolf” !!……why couldn’t he just call it what it is ? 
No wonder people want to ban hunting when you have people killing majestic animals for fun and talking like absolute children ! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, WILF said:

It’s a hyena anyway, not a f***ing “wherewolf” !!……why couldn’t he just call it what it is ? 
No wonder people want to ban hunting when you have people killing majestic animals for fun and talking like absolute children ! 

...... Wilf... please tell me your just joking ?? 98% sure I can smell the sarcasm but I always have to ask what it come to you brits

• Haha 3
20 minutes ago, Wolfdog91 said:

...... Wilf... please tell me your just joking ?? 98% sure I can smell the sarcasm but I always have to ask what it come to you brits

No, why would I be joking ? 

If you are going to off a creature that’s awesome just for fun then at least give it the respect of describing exactly what it is and be mature about it, it’s not Xbox ! 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, McVey said:

I'm a hypocrite of the highest order I know but I still can't understand what people get out of shooting a baited predator like that.

Each to their own like and I know I'm being ignorant as I've been out fox shooting many a time.

I guess I just don't believe that all animals are equal.

Shooting some random half starved critter over a bait pile and shooting something that you have to track and pattern for a few weeks to the point your borderlined obsessed is two completely different things imo.

It's like me and hog hunting. Any yahoo can sit in a stand and shoot a random hog. Now put cam cameras out pick that one mature male it's a different game all together. Last one I baited it took me two months to get his schedule down. He'd only use certain trails at certain times and only eat for so long. 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, WILF said:

No, why would I be joking ? 

If you are going to off a creature that’s awesome just for fun then at least give it the respect of describing exactly what it is and be mature about it, it’s not Xbox ! 

I was hoping you where honestly I was ? 

Read the last paragraph man it pretty obvious this wasn't just for fun. These things can be extremely destructive to live stock. Also you ever consider that name is an honorific deal ? Super common here for people to name special animals their after or trophy class animals like that.  Most mounts you'll see here with any significance will have a brass plate with that animals nickname where it was harvested time and possibly a story. It's actually seen as distasteful in alot of circles to just take a difficult animal without giving it some form of name or similar as recognition to its personality,cunning ,ect

But guess it's just a difference in hunting cultures....

Edited by Wolfdog91
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Wolfdog91 said:

I was hoping you where honestly I was ? 

Read the last paragraph man it pretty obvious this wasn't just for fun. These things can be extremely destructive to live stock. Also you ever consider that name is an honorific deal ? Super common here for people to name special animals their after or trophy class animals like that.  Most mounts you'll see here with any significance will have a brass plate with that animals nickname where it was harvested time and possibly a story. It's actually seen as distasteful in alot of circles to just take a difficult animal without giving it some form of name or similar as recognition to its personality,cunning ,ect

But guess it's just a difference in hunting cultures....

Of course it’s for fun and it’s also for conservation.

I understand that the money raised from paying tourists means many species can stay alive and thrive, I am aware of this stuff.

Its essential in preservation.

But let’s not kid on it’s a “service”, it isn’t……it’s for fun because these people want to just kill the most awesome beasts around.

Fine, whatever rocks their boat and the money gos to a good cause.

Not my bag, I think it’s pathetic but then again I don’t have to do it.

But the mentality shines through when some middle age man is describing something as a “wherewolf” !

Grow up ! Lol 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, McVey said:

I'm not going to lie, seeing someone shoot something as majestic and beautiful as a tiger makes me feel disgusted, to me it is like killing a loved pet.

Remember this one?........... :blink: :laugh:

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, WILF said:

Of course it’s for fun and it’s also for conservation.

I understand that the money raised from paying tourists means many species can stay alive and thrive, I am aware of this stuff.

Its essential in preservation.

But let’s not kid on it’s a “service”, it isn’t……it’s for fun because these people want to just kill the most awesome beasts around.

Fine, whatever rocks their boat and the money gos to a good cause.

Not my bag, I think it’s pathetic but then again I don’t have to do it.

But the mentality shines through when some middle age man is describing something as a “wherewolf” !

Grow up ! Lol 

Well the fact hyenas aren't really much more then a pest species in most of Africa....you know what never mind. You win wilf ole boy... Boy o boy I see more and more why y'all are in the mess y'all are in over there as outdoorsmen.....

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, McVey said:

Pity it didn't kill the cnut! ?

I'm sounding like a snowflake i know but even watching safaris and such make me feel uncomfortable when the animals are getting mithered to death, just let the animals be you parasites! ?

I liked watching that safari - ol' dopey bollocks on the elephant waving 2 little sticks about while those teeth and claws are flying through the air at him :laugh:

• Like 1