• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I must confess, I like the smell of ferrets, especially on clean sawdust, and laying comfortably, in their soft straw bedding...  When I was in Secondary School, I always handled my ferrets befor

You could put an arch over the cages and grow jasmine but it will probably smell like jasmine cross ferret. The ferret smell doesn't bother me if they're cleaned often, their shit doesn't smell as bad

Personally i clean out there droppings every evening and completely clean out the hutch once a week and then also give it a hutch cleaner spray .  They have to work for a living , but are looked after

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Guss33 said:

Does anyone know of any kind of plants you can grow to help with the smell but also give shad over the pens over summer. 

You could put an arch over the cages and grow jasmine but it will probably smell like jasmine cross ferret. The ferret smell doesn't bother me if they're cleaned often, their shit doesn't smell as bad as cat shit to me.

• Like 5
13 hours ago, James broom 1994 said:

When I just had girls it was fine I've got a big hob we got from a rescue place in there and he's a right stinker got nuts bigger than me aswell would swap him for another jill but my little girl loves him 

I recently got a couple of new working ferrets, an adult albino hob and jill, they stunk the yard out for a couple of days. After being in clean surrounds and fed well they hardly smell at all now. I am expecting the hob to stink a bit when spring arrives, Autumn here atm.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I recently got a couple of new working ferrets, an adult albino hob and jill, they stunk the yard out for a couple of days. After being in clean surrounds and fed well they hardly smell at all now. I am expecting the hob to stink a bit when spring arrives, Autumn here atm.

What temperatures is that for you there mate 

It’s all good all his ferrets are very well looked after never had any foot rot if one starts scratching from fleas they are all flee treated straight away and what a job that is  he has never had a problems selling them or even happy to give them away to young kids And they are very well feed mainly with kangaroo mince that we get for cost       And it’s amazing on how many ferret you can put in your hall way  is their anyone willing to help nip train them 

236E8962-24E2-4B3B-A5CB-12C7AE8A2896.png

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Guss33 said:

It’s all good all his ferrets are very well looked after never had any foot rot if one starts scratching from fleas they are all flee treated straight away and what a job that is  he has never had a problems selling them or even happy to give them away to young kids And they are very well feed mainly with kangaroo mince that we get for cost       And it’s amazing on how many ferret you can put in your hall way  is their anyone willing to help nip train them 

236E8962-24E2-4B3B-A5CB-12C7AE8A2896.png

I'm glad he cares for them but it's sort of sickening seeing that many together, like a hoarders house. I think it's better having a number you can work and give attention to. I wouldn't go in there with thongs on, lol.

• Like 1