any sparks on here

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What set fire to his house...?

Subaru & Saluki; Range Rover & Saluki; Range Rover & Deerhound. Onwards and upwards, Grasshopper ! ?? ! Cheers.  

You don’t put the neutral in any of them.  lives only into that switch. If you have a live and neutral feed in and a live and neutral out to each light you need to put all three neutral wires in a s

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

just what i need robbi your a star mate ? 

working i just joined neutrals together i’m going to fly to bandq  before it closes for strip connector and some electrical tape for the neutral thanks again mate ?

mans chartpolski for chipping in knee all along the wind up merchant ??

mans shh you tried mate i just don’t know if you was trying to blow me up ? ?

I’m still getting over the fact that SSH tried to kill you ????

• Haha 2
49 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

? no shame in asking questions when you don’t know something wilf this case wiring a switch how do you think i become an expert in germ warfare political black ops and weaponised viruses ? 

Back of a cornflakes box ? 

1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

And create a dead short, resulting in a blown fuse if you're lucky or a burnt out house if you're unlucky !

Cheers.

Forgot about this one….. Charts mate no one blows a fuse anymore, breakers since about 30 years… get with the fuucking times old man ?

I bet you still think airships filled with hydrogen are the future of transatlantic flight ?

2 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Forgot about this one….. Charts mate no one blows a fuse anymore, breakers since about 30 years… get with the fuucking times old man ?

I bet you still think airships filled with hydrogen are the future of transatlantic flight ?

You've never been in my house ! ? !

Cheers.

• Haha 1

You’d be surprised how many houses still have the old rewire able fuses in them. 

4 minutes ago, mushroom said:

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

You've never been in my house ! ? !

Cheers.

Coming from a man that used to tend to airplanes for the Saudi royal family and more…. I’m surprised there’s any of the cnuts left to rule ?

Just now, robbo said:

You’d be surprised how many houses still have the old rewire able fuses in them. 

Aye I know mate, I was just having a bit of banter with him ;)

You should see the state of the electrics here in Spain mate ? Forget earth and safety ?

All kidding aside , I was a very minute part of the team that convinced the aeronautical world that you didn't need four,  or later three , engines for a wide body to fly transatlantic.

Now, its common place for twin engined aircraft.

When I first went to Saudia, it was TriStars, great aircraft, then MD 11's, three engined wides.

We had to be in 24 hour contact to be able to do it

Now I've heard the Yanks claim they have went to the moon ! ? !

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

All kidding aside , I was a very minute part of the team that convinced the aeronautical world that you didn't need four,  or later three , engines for a wide body to fly transatlantic.

Now, its common place for twin engined aircraft.

When I first went to Saudia, it was TriStars, great aircraft, them MD 11's, three engined wides.

We had to be in 24 hour contact to be able to do it

Now I've heard the Yanks claim they have went to the moon ! ? !

Cheers.

Very curious! How did you achieve the thrust needed from just two, compared to the conventional (at the time) four?

18 minutes ago, WILF said:

Back of a cornflakes box ? 

from asking questions from people who work doing it and what you learn as a kid at school 

didn’t take a brain surgeon to tell me natural immunity will defeat covid and over time it will spread faster but cause less damage you learn that when your about 12 wilf 

the only thing a cornflake box has in common is you folded quicker than i could fold a cornflakes box 

arse fall out sleeve rolled up ? 

i’ll be honest i couldn’t see you trying to wire the switch be scared stiff of getting an electric shock ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, mushroom said:

Very curious! How did you achieve the thrust needed from just two, compared to the conventional (at the time) four?

Above my pay grade mate, but it went from four engines to three and then two. Rolls Royce and Pratt & Whitney were the two big boys and must have pumped billions into the R & D at a time when trans continental travel was opening up to the masses.

I remember Concorde paying a visit to Jeddah and I gave some of my trainees a guided tour. I was so proud of it, then so disappointed when it was cancelled.

The technology in aerospace is allways developing at a great pace.

Cheers.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Aye I know mate, I was just having a bit of banter with him ;)

You should see the state of the electrics here in Spain mate ? Forget earth and safety ?

I can imagine mate. 
some of the farms and such that I’ve worked at are unbelievable. 
Why pay an electrician when Albert the local Jack of all trades will do it for a bag of tatties ?

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

Above my pay grade mate, but it went from four engines to three and then two. Rolls Royce and Pratt & Whitney were the two big boys and must have pumped billions into the R & D at a time when trans continental travel was opening up to the masses.

I remember Concorde paying a visit to Jeddah and I gave some of my trainees a guided tour. I was so proud of it, then so disappointed when it was cancelled.

The technology in aerospace is allways developing at a great pace.

Cheers.

True, really wish I pursued my career in it tbh. 

I know that airframe design changed with the twin engine config developments but a jet engine is more than just making it bigger to be more powerful, so was curious what were the changes.