Idiot moments!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I might of said this before but my idiot moment was bursting for a wee when out foxing , whipped the little chap out and pis*ed on a electric fence, fell on the floor and pis*ed all over myself, never

Out shooting pigeons on the edge of copse where the adjoining field had an electric fence, farmer says "when you want to pick up go in the shed and turn the power off".  Unfortunately he never told me

I've had my fair share  of contributing to idiot moments. In fact it could be said I'm a natural! Took the dog a walk and bagged a pheasant.Nothing remarkable there I know. No it was when I

Posted Images

Then there was the time I met a local stalker in a local gunshop one day and then a week later whilst working at the then my boss's country house met the same stalker who sorted the fallow deer on the surrounding estate.

Fast forward to visiting a friend in New Luce, D&G one weekend and after exchanging several pints I was given gargled directions to a forest to help myself to the roe.

It was whilst navigating in the dark the next morning I turned right instead of left!

Thinking I was at the correct forest I set off in the dawn light up the track with clear fell both sides. I muttered to myself that I don't remember Doug saying anything of clear fell.

As I inched forward up the track and it got lighter and lighter all of a sudden there was a figure on the track above my elevation?‍♂️.

I waved and approached, tail firmly between  my legs! I humbly apologised and explained my error.

At this point he removed his face mask, I had already removed mine and it was the same chap from down home!! ?

Talk about embarrassing moment!

He was very kind. I told him there was no roe seen by me (thank God!) I whispered all the time to minimise the disturbance and we parted.

When I got to where I should of been I did get a roe doe and while I attended to that I heard a shot from that fellers direction. Phew that was a relief!

Never met him again since, it's probably for the best!

452455539_kingston019.jpg.f15f71e76f685d99a5ce40e5eecdd0db.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1