Free electric greyman ??

He's totally alerted the alternator with Neodymium magnets, so it is a perpetual drive for the AC motor producing 230v (or 227v on his meter), clever stuff but I've solar panels, battery bank through a 3000w pure sine inverter which is a lot less engineering an faff, runs my heating pump, lighting and charges my cordless tools just fine ? 

• Like 4

Much the same as gav it looks great but a bit to technical for me, have also seen it done with those ceiling fans as well, i,m also quite conscious of fire risk on a boat, with gas diesel and battery’s there is a potential for a little spark to make a Big Bang, I have 480 amp hours of battery and a 2000watt inverter onboard and will be fitting solar panels this spring and probably a bigger better inverter a bit later on, if I was in an off grid cabin or something similar I would definitely give it a go, thanks king ?

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, poxon said:

I like stuff like this I find it interesting tbh I think it’d be worth them teaching stuff like this in schools now days in ( design and technology) with how the worlds going.

That is true but the powers that be don’t want you to have free power otherwise every new house would be fitted with solar and a Tesla battery wall 

• Like 3
12 hours ago, mC HULL said:

an alternator is isn’t it perpetual motion for electricity would be the holy grail ? 

It isn't an alternator any more; it's been converted into a motor.

It provides two functions;

1; to drive, via the belt, the a/c generator.

2; to provide an excitation voltage for the a/c generator.

"Perpetual" is a bit of a misnomer, the Laws of Thermodynamics prevent that.

I would assume to build a system big enough to provide a substantial amount of current would need some sort of prime mover to start the motor running, not a piece of string.

I agree with what others have said, solar panels seem a lot simpler, and probably more efficient.

I also understand people are taking another look at Stirling Engines to provide cheap energy.

Cheers.

• Like 4