( canine prime ) dog food ?

just reading about this make off food, it  more or less what you sprinkle  on top of your  dinner, it supposed to have nutrients  in it , that other foods lack. my self i feed  1lb raw mince chicken ,  oil fish, rabbit when i get any, and 1  1/2 cup dry meal  a day, so only small amount of biscuit . iive fed this for years , old bryn made 14 , and worked up to 11, Buck 9 now , ageing  now, but ok for big dog. i just wondered if these type food brands are s good as what they say,  it was a vet by the way in the vid, who   said how good this stuff was, maybe he getting back hander from it  all lol . anyway just thought , they bound to be people on here know more about dog diets  good/ bad than i do ,   happy new to you all      Ray  

Vets get commission on selling all that dog food you see advertised in their waiting rooms, Ray. 

They had my neighbour paying £70 a bag for that Hils Science Plan stuff for her beagle.

Ive got them feeding their new pup the same as I feed my dogs.....RAW and BARF, and the pup looks great on it and she's saving money !

Cheers.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Vets get commission on selling all that dog food you see advertised in their waiting rooms, Ray. 

They had my neighbour paying £70 a bag for that Hils Science Plan stuff for her beagle.

Ive got them feeding their new pup the same as I feed my dogs.....RAW and BARF, and the pup looks great on it and she's saving money !

Cheers.

Lot of folk don't realise vets get payed by pharmaceutical companies and feed companies for selling  products to customers ,vets round my way wouldn't give milbamax  unless you ask for it and that's because they getting payed by pharmaceutical company to sell the stuff , I had a vet try telling me chappie is a great feed for dogs ,no it's great for his vank balance and nothing else ,

• Like 1
18 hours ago, jcm said:

Raw with gain done it for years all my dogs seem to do well on gain so if not stray away from it 

I feed raw and my 3 do well on it 

Years ago I remember me dad making a dog mash and feeding table  scraps and rabbit ,hare heads and sheep heads and few bones and dogs looked well on it and all lived long life ,

I think we over think dog feed today and some spend stupid amounts of money on dog feed thinking they feeding the best but are they ? 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Whispering Whiskey 66 said:

You ever use redmills jcm? If so what’s your thoughts Got me pup on with raw at the min she’s looking well. 

Tryed it mate dogs done well on it but was just for a short period as my local feed place was sold out of gain. Both good feeds 

1 hour ago, Moocher71 said:

I feed raw and my 3 do well on it 

Years ago I remember me dad making a dog mash and feeding table  scraps and rabbit ,hare heads and sheep heads and few bones and dogs looked well on it and all lived long life ,

I think we over think dog feed today and some spend stupid amounts of money on dog feed thinking they feeding the best but are they ? 

Yeah mate, i feed table scraps beef, chicken mince etc fish even bits of pizza kebab from left over take away. Just pile bait into them 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, jcm said:

Tryed it mate dogs done well on it but was just for a short period as my local feed place was sold out of gain. Both good feeds 

Just got my pup on small amounts with her raw now but once out on a walk before a noticed she had some dry skin or dandruff so I was thinking it may be off the kibble? 

4 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

i thought BARF  was raw meat anyway ?   i get my raw mince chicken  in 1lb bags from    T .I .P .S   they deliver  to my  door, but got to be o £ 50 quid   meat, or they wont come, i have 100 bags , and some times big raw beef bones as well  20 were10 quid, but carnt get any since this feckin virus thing, i am by Hereford . but  as said Buck on 1 lb raw chicken plus cup full dry meal  22 % protein  , so he doing ok i think . 

D

2 minutes ago, bird said:

i thought BARF  was raw meat anyway ?   i get my raw mince chicken  in 1lb bags from    T .I .P .S   they deliver  to my  door, but got to be o £ 50 quid   meat, or they wont come, i have 100 bags , and some times big raw beef bones as well  20 were10 quid, but carnt get any since this feckin virus thing, i am by Hereford . but  as said Buck on 1 lb raw chicken plus cup full dry meal  22 % protein  , so he doing ok i think . 

I thought RAW was raw minced food and BARF was " bones and raw food", bit pedantic , my dogs get both.

I've got a good supplier now, raw minced chicken, green tripe, salmon, offal or mixtures of them, 60p per pound.

I get all the bones, beef and lamb and chicken carcasses for free from a local butcher.

Kilo bag of chicken wings from Aldi or Asda for £1.80.

Its easy to feed a dog well.

Cheers.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Whispering Whiskey 66 said:

Got her on the lot mate just thinking may be the dry. She’s on loads of types of fish 

Spoon full of salmon/sprat oil mixed in with the food should sort that ?what % protein in the biscuits you feeding? I find anything over 20/22 % and my dogs lose their shine??

My dogs get salmon heads, tail scraps,whole trout,sprats,makeral anything I catch Barr barbel,chub and pike...the Wheaton X loves a couple of dogfish?but she will eat anything,just weaned some terrier pups on a mix of blended green tripe and sprats .. buy the 2kilo bags for £4?DSC_1150.JPG.e02619330031eb67dd3ad7903cdca12f.JPG

• Like 1