New business for the lad

15 hours ago, Qbgrey said:

Great got to get them out learning how and we’re the folded comes from. Looks like he going to be busy. My lads a pallet dealer he says, we collect em up and sell them made £90 quid first lot we got, he was not keen but now he’s looking out for them . He’s only 12 yrs old got to start them young

That's brilliant mate, 12 years old and "out looking for them"... great stuff

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fin has set up a little log business, splitting and bagging and I'll run out a truck load if he get a bigger enquiry, Mrs set up a bit on Insta for him last night. He got his first couple of sale

Well he got his bike, fair play he grafted and I’ll add a bit if that’s the case… provisional on route… 

When I moved into this place I had a couple of hundred breeze blocks that needed shifting around 50 meters to the back of the garden where I was building my kennels/workshop etc. Had a young 18 year o

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Blackmag said:

Great so to see newkid good on him .my lad 14 helps out in boxing gym cleaning up .checking member ships nd taking money he sits in the office like he owes it ? or he does a bit with me as soon as you pull up he wants paying no if or buts .he's a saver so saves up till he sees something but he does like that computer 

Thanks Mate,

Sounds like your lad has a passion for it mate, great place to be around a boxing gym imo... will give him certain attributes that last for life, if he don't stick to the boxing sounds like he might be the next Eddie Hearne!! lol

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Qbgrey said:

The PlayStation and the devils lettuce is seeing off any kind of work for lots of young uns

This thread and what I see amongst Fins mates is proof that not all of the "yoof" are losers mates... I think a lot of the older generation like to look at the kids and write them off to soon, I'm sure the same was said about us (not the computer thing lol)... it's a older persons habit to say "kids aren't what they used to be"..... I'm as guilty as anyone for telling my kids they've "got it easy".... I don't think I'm strictly right with that tbh...

• Like 1
12 hours ago, dytkos said:

Top stuff Kev, TBF you've always encouraged him to get out and do stuff, now he's earning he'll be wanting more and more.

"Dad, can I have a tipper truck for my 18th?" 

Hydraulic log splitter costs about £200 but those log grenades keep you warmer this time of year ?

Cheers, D.

Cheers Dave,

I've always thought at least show them the things you like/do and if they want to stick at any of it fine.... he never liked football, which for me was a bit of a blow, I did think I'd be off watching him and maybe involved in a team somewhere etc... but I wouldn't force him to do anything he didn't enjoy, I've seen a few parents living their football through their kids, bit sad imo.... give him a surf board, climbing gear, mountain bike or fishing rod and he's happy.... oh and the new thing is the guitar, he is non stop at the minute, electric and amp set up in his room, I'm chuffed about that... he wants to start scuba diving now he's turned 16... his mum don't stop worrying lol...

I had a cracking petrol splitter here, hired off Brandons, I asked if they would sale it but they only have a couple in the fleet.... I'm sure he'dlove that for Christmas! lol

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 2
11 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Good luck to him,lovely to see youngsters not being drawn into easier ways of earning.....good parental guidance i suppose fair do's.....hopefully he gets his just rewards.

He was nearly in the local pub as a pot washer, he wasn't too keen on that so having a go at this to make a bit of cash, like I said earlier he's not a spender but if he wants something he'll put his mind to it... It's all about being the first lad riding his 50cc to school... being the first to turn 16 he's ahead of the race, just needs the cash now! lol

1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Get him his tractor licence it’s a peice of piss an then he can go work for local farmers, he be decent by next harvest am be able to charge a bomb mate ? my lad can’t wait till he 15 an 9 month old ??

That aint a bad idea, he'd love that whilst he's at college....

How old is your lad now mate? they are only a year or so apart aren't they?

When I moved into this place I had a couple of hundred breeze blocks that needed shifting around 50 meters to the back of the garden where I was building my kennels/workshop etc. Had a young 18 year old lad in to do it. I came back from work and only a barrow full had been moved. I found a letter from his mother pinned to the door saying it was to hard for him to do. My youngest daughter who was 15 at the time said she would do it and sure enough the next day all the blocks were moved and stacked ready for the bricky and she had 50 notes in her hand. 

• Like 9
3 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Just turned 15 mate, he busting to get to 16 haha he the same as your lad tho, he can graft like fcuk, iv worked with w load a folk over the last couple years, an I swear on me kids he is my first choice if I have to do a shift, he just wants to be there an that already puts him ahead of most folk ? be a big strong lad now aswell an been in a few spots a bother? but nowt I hadn’t done an not a patch on me at his age so I can see past it haha I’m prob a bit too hard on him tbh but I know what he capable of an he keeps getting surprised at what he can actually do after we do it ? that tractor licence will always be handy mate, an belive me k know a few young lads who work all through harvest, driving brand new top of range air conditioned tractors an earn a fair wage for it, it’s not for everybody but it deffo handy, an then from tractors it’s easy to use most other machinery?  

Good on you and the lad mate, I thought they were a year apart from our yaps before.

It's all experience, they'll have been out and done/seen things some kids don't, I'm sure we are too hard on them in some ways, I bollock him for being messy, lazy, on his computer etc... but in truth if I say "come on mate lets go ferreting, grafting, fishing...." or whatever he will always be up for it... he's a decent little worker when you set him off, he's done a fair bit of building work with me... but he is a clever kid and will do A levels and probably go Uni... I never got near that lol... 

It's weird on this place, I remeber seeing your kids out as real youngsters ferreting etc, little tackers... and now they are tractor drivers.. it flies by mate!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, socks said:

When I moved into this place I had a couple of hundred breeze blocks that needed shifting around 50 meters to the back of the garden where I was building my kennels/workshop etc. Had a young 18 year old lad in to do it. I came back from work and only a barrow full had been moved. I found a letter from his mother pinned to the door saying it was to hard for him to do. My youngest daughter who was 15 at the time said she would do it and sure enough the next day all the blocks were moved and stacked ready for the bricky and she had 50 notes in her hand. 

18 and getting the mother to write a note, f***ing embarrassing!! 

I pretty much know what Marie would say now if Fin pulled that trick, let alone at 18!! lol

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Aye I still look back on the pics I took, I never took pics really only if they was with me an thank god I did. I can’t see my lad going uni haha but nobody in my family really ever been to uni, j less they were cleaning it or robbing it ? he comin to farm for work experience in January but ain’t doin his usual stuff, the farmer alsoan engineer, so we have a huge workshop on site with full time mechanic/fitter and few engineers always building summat for other farms so my lad going there, tho he has let on that he thinking going travelling to nz or summat or doing a plumbing course first then going, who knows what he will do, I don’t care run as long as he happy an not sat wasting his life. He got a mate same age as your lad, who works with is an has done for past few month, he trying book his tractor test now. Also a good worker, so like you said there still a load a youths out there that are decent ??

My brothers 2 girls both gone to Uni, first ever in our family... it wasn't even on the list when we were young, getting earning really!

But they are bright, and encouraged/supported if thats what they want, I'm the same as you as long as the kids aren't wasting their lives away I'm happy what they do. Fin is hell bent on travelling, he's also looked at a music production course alongside A levels.. his main thing is science, he just gets it... god knows where its from cause me and the Mrs haven't a clue what he's talking about once he gets going! lol

We used to have SeanC with us a lot ferreting/fishing and he was always taking pics as it's his job, got some lovely pics of the kids out and about, like you say it's nice to have a few about.

Your lad wont go wrong getting a trade under his belt, plumbers are in high demnad and on top money, can't see the building trade tailing off for a while... plus plumbers can always turn a few quid of an evening/weekend which is in the back pocket...

• Like 1