Trail cams

Love trail cams for trapping. Had a please that looked foxy. Had ground though could see some dog tracks but that's about it. Pounded in a grab and die and with some food lure and a camera on it for a week . Cam back today for everything to look the exact same however the camera told a different storyIMG_20211112_163610066_HDR.jpg.42ef05f3c9e18f9eec8971df8fda2f75.jpgIMG_20211112_164211225_HDR.jpg.5b38939b38d54498dded5e8c9312c902.jpgIMG_20211112_164059055_HDR.jpg.f262e56b1dac449a6293f39e1a51092e.jpgIMG_20211112_164120840_HDR.jpg.e149624906e03c9ea8316c654a85a49d.jpg

If your doing any trapping I highly recommend getting a few to see what the animals do

• Like 2

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great thread- the black led cams are handy when their set where some one might spot a red light.

Gotta say that people l know who bought expensive trail cams are the ones that end up disappointed.  I ended up getting a £60 "cheapy" after seeing one set-up by a chicken run  belonging to a ver

" Acorn " keeps coming up, like a Japanese girls ramen. But, they're towards the upper scale of what we are used to shelling out, over here. It just doesn't lean me toward risking that much, right now

Posted Images

Sore point, with me, Wolfie! We've about done the bloody things to death now, on General.

I know some of you blokes think little of popping into Walmart, to pick up a six pack of them. Over here? Averaging out more like a ton a piece? That's not an option.

And, when ye pay out for a supposedly 'better' make, and it still turns out to be a temperamental, completely randomly 'reliable' piece of shit? Leaves a bad taste ?

2 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Sore point, with me, Wolfie! We've about done the bloody things to death now, on General.

I know some of you blokes think little of popping into Walmart, to pick up a six pack of them. Over here? Averaging out more like a ton a piece? That's not an option.

And, when ye pay out for a supposedly 'better' make, and it still turns out to be a temperamental, completely randomly 'reliable' piece of shit? Leaves a bad taste ?

Which ones have you bought and when out of curiosity? Also what level of what are you looking for ? 

I love em. Usually use video mode. Think it can tell you a lot about animal behaviour.

The last one was a none target. Doubt if the 70mm hole stopped him from going in. Like the way he practically gave me the fingers before he left lol

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Wolfdog91 said:

Which ones have you bought and when out of curiosity? Also what level of what are you looking for ? 

Bushnell Trophy. Bought back when they were considered higher end.

I just try to get clips, much like Eddie shows there, of what's going on in front of it, when it goes on.

Used to work. Now? Got a complete mind of its own. And a womans one, at that. I can literally stand there and watch a fox walk in front of it and mince around there for five minutes. Films nothing.

A full sized van can drive toward it. Straight line for over a hundred yards. Broad daylight. Records absolutely nothing. Same van drives back Out past it? Technicolour and Dolby!

I won't bother going on, and on. Said it all before. Always someone that'll say they bought a 'cheap', fifty quid one and it's faultless. Good for them. I'm not falling over spare fifty quids. And I'm hardly inspired to buy another fukking boat.

• Haha 1

Bushnell Trophy. Bought back when they were considered higher end.

I just try to get clips, much like Eddie shows there, of what's going on in front of it, when it goes on.

Used to work. Now? Got a complete mind of its own. And a womans one, at that. I can literally stand there and watch a fox walk in front of it and mince around there for five minutes. Films nothing.

A full sized van can drive toward it. Straight line for over a hundred yards. Broad daylight. Records absolutely nothing. Same van drives back Out past it? Technicolour and Dolby!

I won't bother going on, and on. Said it all before. Always someone that'll say they bought a 'cheap', fifty quid one and it's faultless. Good for them. I'm not falling over spare fifty quids. And I'm hardly inspired to buy another fukking boat.

Yes, I agree, they can be very hit and miss. I got one from Chinaa few years back, for about €50 delivered. It has never given any trouble. In fact, it survived an overnight flood on the river. Don't know how it is still working. Opened it up, and left it in the hot press for a few months. Actually forgot it was there, till I needed it. At first, it left an awfull buzzing sound on the video's, but at least it worked. Now it's back to working perfect. 

Around the time that one got water logged, I ordered another one off Amazon. Different make this time, and it coat around a hundred bucks. This one's a pain in the hole. Just like you said. Works sometimes, and not others. Missed some good footage around my sets. Had rats etc, in my traps, but no footage. Then had footage of nothing at all. Then had ten seconds of what would have been really good footage, if it was a minute long. Then it started saying there was a fault with sd card. Heap of crap!

Just recently Wife got me another one off Amazon. Think around ninty bucks. I tested it out in the garden. Looks to be working well.

Wish I could remember the name of that one from China. I'd get a few more of them if i did.

• Like 1

This is just the thing, mate. The 'Hit and missery' of them.

I just bought a little bag of tile grout. Coloured stuff. ('Grout Of Colour'?) Tenner or so, off Amazon Prime. Beige.

Made up a tiny sample of it. Left it laying around. Put it next to paints. All sorts.

No good. Just wasn't working for me ? Fukked it off and grabbed a bag of Creme. Try the same shit with this, next. Should work. Hope so. Hate to have to buy fukking Vanilla next!

But, there we are. Score. Ends up costing me thirty, to get it right? I'll pout. Then get over it.

But, Fifty? And, if that don't work? Pout and throw Another fifty at it? Then what?

Why should we simply accept that we're spending fifty quid ~ No One doesn't give a fukk about losing fifty ~ and know that we might be getting sent a piece of shit that's not fit for purpose? (Or we Might hit pay dirt. Like you did. That Once)

Then, when you Already pay Twice that, plus. Buying a 'Top Name' and expecting your arse to be covered? Whoops! It, too, is a piece of shit!

And, believe me; There's no where you can go. No one to talk to about it. They've got your fukking money .....

No. Fukk That.

• Like 1

Trouble is, mate; It's not like a light bulb ~ I have one of those here, guaranteed to last for fifteen years. And I have the receipt.

Put simply? That thing outlasts me, or I'll be after my money back. And, of course, I switch it on every day / night. I'll Know if it fukks up.

But, a trail cam? It's not something I'd use every day of the week, for ever more. It may sit on the shelf for a six month period. It may then fukk up inside of five hundred hours actual usage.

And even discerning that it Has fukked up can be difficult. How can ye Prove it never filmed that fox?

Don't even get me started on " Guarantees " and " Warranties ", these days.

Gotta say that people l know who bought expensive trail cams are the ones that end up disappointed. 

I ended up getting a £60 "cheapy" after seeing one set-up by a chicken run  belonging to a very well off client. I didn't  want to lose his custom so on spotting it l limited myself to waving at the camera rather than baring my bum....

Apparently he had originally purchased an all singing and dancing device that sent pictures and all sorts of information   to his phone and computer . Unfortunatly the lens steamed - up all the time. As did the replacement sent by the manufacturer.  

Customer took his money back and invested a fraction of it in a £60 Little Acorn . As did l .

I've added to it with a couple of unbranded sub £30 devices . Decent batteries seem to be the key. Something to do with the initial power surge required when the camera is triggered according to those who know more than me (that's most people?).

IMAG0027.jpg.fe8a6bac2b24fa3ec0b03b240b9c5d52.jpgIMAG0007.jpg.e3845b0f1b15c1ebd6d819ef8d756c51.jpg

Edited by comanche
  • Like 4
10 hours ago, comanche said:

Gotta say that people l know who bought expensive trail cams are the ones that end up disappointed. 

I ended up getting a £60 "cheapy".

I've added to it with a couple of unbranded sub £30 devices.

£30.00?!? :icon_eek: Fukk, Yeah! Now we're talking!!! Are they on Amazon, at all, please? I'll have a couple ordered Tonight, if so!

Those little acorns have come highly recommended, to me, in the past. But, they're now a ton a piece themselves! Hardly fukking 'cheapy' now.

@Greyman has said how it's the better ones that can be the worst too. But, at thirty quid a throw? f**k, yeah! I'll give a couple of Those flied licers a go!

Just been out to feed Fox Fox and, damn me; There's Another set of eyes, holding back, down in the corner. Imagine she's picked up a suitor. Now's the time to get camming again, see?

Shit like that makes it seem worthwhile.

£30.00?!? :icon_eek: Fukk, Yeah! Now we're talking!!! Are they on Amazon, at all, please? I'll have a couple ordered Tonight, if so!

Those little acorns have come highly recommended, to me, in the past. But, they're now a ton a piece themselves! Hardly fukking 'cheapy' now.

@Greyman has said how it's the better ones that can be the worst too. But, at thirty quid a throw? f**k, yeah! I'll give a couple of Those flied licers a go!

Just been out to feed Fox Fox and, damn me; There's Another set of eyes, holding back, down in the corner. Imagine she's picked up a suitor. Now's the time to get camming again, see?

Shit like that makes it seem worthwhile.

$30 hmmm they happen to look like this ? My tascos area only $28.69 sounds like their just rebranded ?? IMG_20211113_184708726.jpg.5ca29cf33ca601be911c88f4a0fc3f76.jpg