Getting too old…

2 minutes ago, RossM said:

Me!! To play football, done my knee in and was advised to rest elevate for 6 weeks. Anyway 3 weeks in  and I was demented, lurcher just needed to go mental, and I genuinely thought the terrier was in a coma most of the time. Anyway, a couple from this morning it was 2 and a bit very hard miles for me but a walk in the park for the dugs… ferreting tomorrow too ?

A8443F34-338B-4122-8AB3-00979F0EE0B1.jpeg

08D32E7D-BA7D-436F-8DF3-5A339D4578CD.jpeg

BFBE4086-7D08-4926-B702-5A890D99041E.jpeg

0F4F9395-4172-4415-AEB6-56E6DE6AD513.jpeg

Great pics and looks nice place . I find when I get told to rest up it might help for few days but then a dark cloud "depression " starts to set in and I'd rather have aches and pains than the dark cloud .  

I hope you have a good day ferreting 

Atb mooch 

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, sandymere said:

As a approaching geriatric i recon active recovery is always best, just keep it sensible lol.

I thought so too, hence the fact I played on for 2 months prior “strapping it up” before it gave up the ghost

• Haha 1

Never rest ever .I smashed myself up bad at 17 bust 28 bones 5 in back 4 in neck pelvis in 3 pieces lost right knee cap put the ball end of big bone in right leg up through pelvis and it smashed the 5 lower bones in my back had liver and spleen glued back in place now left arm and shoulder don't work at all where I ripped nerves out of spinel cord where my neck broke etc etc now I was told I'd never walk but I do I can drive a swing shovel as well as [NO TEXT TALK] but I'd rather work a chainsaw all day strap left hand to it and crack on now starting y feal myself slow up a bit at 49 year old now but still out work 30 year old still can bench press 110kg with one arm and still walk dogs 5 /10 mile a day and still lamp till it gets light there's no rewind button in life you never get yesterday back and today is yesterday's tomorrow you got to keep pushing the only person that stops you doing stuff is you just get out and do it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
51 minutes ago, Thefieldsaredark said:

Never rest ever .I smashed myself up bad at 17 bust 28 bones 5 in back 4 in neck pelvis in 3 pieces lost right knee cap put the ball end of big bone in right leg up through pelvis and it smashed the 5 lower bones in my back had liver and spleen glued back in place now left arm and shoulder don't work at all where I ripped nerves out of spinel cord where my neck broke etc etc now I was told I'd never walk but I do I can drive a swing shovel as well as [NO TEXT TALK] but I'd rather work a chainsaw all day strap left hand to it and crack on now starting y feal myself slow up a bit at 49 year old now but still out work 30 year old still can bench press 110kg with one arm and still walk dogs 5 /10 mile a day and still lamp till it gets light there's no rewind button in life you never get yesterday back and today is yesterday's tomorrow you got to keep pushing the only person that stops you doing stuff is you just get out and do it 

Fair play mate, there’s me moaning about knee ligaments too ? your right, I get itchy feet can’t sit still, I knew my knee was goosed months ago and I am still undecided that if I had perhaps been less strenuous and cautious then I may not be walking like I’ve shat myself now, truth is I don’t like to miss out really, and I love smashing the young team who think they can get away with a step over ???

• Like 1
On 06/11/2021 at 10:36, sandymere said:

As a approaching geriatric i recon active recovery is always best, just keep it sensible lol.

Do you really think sandy, that keeping active in old age is the way to go lol. I was out for 2 1/2 hours mooching with Buck   this  early morning, the lads I was with think like you, that you got to keep  at'um lol, it OK for them  there   near 20 years younger than me, I feel my 69 years now haha, but I do think in all honesty that me been with lurchers / lamping for 30 odd years as deff, helped to keep me ticking over ?

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, bird said:

Do you really think sandy, that keeping active in old age is the way to go lol. I was out for 2 1/2 hours mooching with Buck   this  early morning, the lads I was with think like you, that you got to keep  at'um lol, it OK for them  there   near 20 years younger than me, I feel my 69 years now haha, but I do think in all honesty that me been with lurchers / lamping for 30 odd years as deff, helped to keep me ticking over ?

I'm 59 and going strong, I recon you live every day of your life and only die on one so enjoy them all and keep as active as you can.

• Like 3
34 minutes ago, sandymere said:

I'm 59 and going strong, I recon you live every day of your life and only die on one so enjoy them all and keep as active as you can.

Listen to you ya philosophical b*****d you!! ???

100% correct though  

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, bird said:

Bosses grandad worked on the farm till 99 every morning in the yard at 7 still driving. Head home at 12. Said if he didn’t have to go work and see the farm his mind would of gave up before his body. Died at 102 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bird said:

Ray think this is the first post I’ve ever read of your where you stop at a single statistic, nae height or weight to be seen!! ??

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, bird said:

you need lean on the stick a bit more mate