Just buy vortex

Few weeks ago I broke my vortex binoculars when I got the quad stuck up at the shoot, while trying to lift the bike out I smashed my binoculars on the frame ☹️

Longshanx gave me the number for Country sports wholesale who handle the warranty for vortex, I finally got around to sending them on Monday, on Tuesday I got an email saying they couldn’t repair them and would send me a new pair, Wednesday, they arrived, but sadly when I opened them they were broken, so I emailed CSW including a picture, within 5 minutes they rang me and couldn’t apologise enough, it was not their fault as there was no damage to the packaging and the box was sealed. The chap said he would send another pair and they would be with me today, sure enough they have arrived in perfect condition and with a complimentary cap

not only are vortex scopes and binoculars up there with the best of them, the warranty and after sales from CSW is without doubt the best of any shooting product out there, as long as it’s vortex it doesn’t matter what the fault or how it was damaged, the will repair it or replace it free of charge, for life ??

A1F75820-1490-43ED-8F75-FC827468630D.jpeg

9105386C-9818-4327-9341-8E4321FEDE09.jpeg

• Like 5

There’s no point in me buying top end binoculars, because I just wreck them, for the money you can’t buy anything as good as these, their top of the range rifle scopes, like the one I have on my .243 rival any of the high end manufacturers 

a mate of mine had a Swarovski scope and it had condensation in it, he sent it to them and they repaired it free of charge and had it back to him in a few days, a few weeks later he dropped his rifle off the back of the pickup and damaged the scope, sent it back to them and they refused warranty because it was damaged, gutted ? he paid a lot of money for it 

6 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

are these the same ones Stavross?

They are the same, only difference is they are 10x42 and mine are 8x42, I was going to replace mine from there because you get the front harness bag with them, until I found out I could have them replaced for free, the harness bags about 45 quid to buy on it own

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

the difference in price between the 10 x42 and the 8 x 42 is 7 euros? thats surprising 

I’ve had a fair few pairs of binoculars ( and bust them all ) I’ve had an old pair of Swarovski that were good and a pair of Carl Zeiss that were ok but no better than the vortex, everything else hasn’t been a patch on the vortex, for the money you won’t go wrong, like the scopes they are really good in low light, my mate has the vortex diamondbacks they are a bit more money but are even better in low light

• Like 1

I have vortex binoculars, and I can tell you I really like them and fancy a scope, they have really good low light capabilities, and are not over heavy / cumbersome, the price was really reasonable too, anyone know what there rifle scopes are like , which are the best for uk hunting, most look to have really fine reticules, and I am not sure how I would get on with one on my stalking rifle,  

3 minutes ago, 3175darren said:

I have vortex binoculars, and I can tell you I really like them and fancy a scope, they have really good low light capabilities, and are not over heavy / cumbersome, the price was really reasonable too, anyone know what there rifle scopes are like , which are the best for uk hunting, most look to have really fine reticules, and I am not sure how I would get on with one on my stalking rifle,  

I’ve got a vortex viper 6-24x50 HS long range scope on my .243 I had to order it with just a straight forward crosshair because I can’t be doing with a busy reticule, it is quite fine but is crystal clear when you put your eye to it, I’ve used it many times on a lamp shooting foxes and it can be seen no problem on a red lamp

18 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I’ve got a vortex viper 6-24x50 HS long range scope on my .243 I had to order it with just a straight forward crosshair because I can’t be doing with a busy reticule, it is quite fine but is crystal clear when you put your eye to it, I’ve used it many times on a lamp shooting foxes and it can be seen no problem on a red lamp

That sounds good, I don’t like too fine a reticule for stalking, but may have a look for one for my 6.5x55, was it more money, how long did it take to get???

7 minutes ago, 3175darren said:

That sounds good, I don’t like too fine a reticule for stalking, but may have a look for one for my 6.5x55, was it more money, how long did it take to get???

It took a couple of days, the uk supplier seems to hold a lot of stock, it’s a shame the shooting shows haven’t started because they always have a stand at them and you can have a look to see what you like best, I think I paid £680 for it and I don’t think it mattered what reticule it came with