celtics abuse cases

i dont follow football, iam a hurling man true and true.this is the first time ive herd of a case like this in football.i know their were cases of abuse in irish swimming and irish schools rugby in recent yrs. your question asking, are you sure you want to go down this road with celtic is a bit odd.the more people that know about this along with other clubs wrong doings is welcomed.

Edited by stonewall
  • Like 2

Part and parcel of making the big time isn't it? Whether it's TV,Films,Music industry or high profile Sports....suppose lots keep their mouths shut because they don't want to Rock the apple cart so to speak...amazes me the levels most folks would stoop for some coin and to live a certain way?

• Like 1

I have no skin in this game btw. Been rumbling on for years. Lawyers jumped on it now and going after the football club for compensation. Bottom line for me is that football clubs don’t rape kids.., it’s people that do that. ‘Fining’ or awarding damages from a club for the deeds of people who worked there 4 decades ago just takes money out of the pockets of the supporters who fill the stands now, investors, the staff who work there etc. Those people have done nothing wrong, so why should they be made to pay? It doesn’t hurt the perpetrator so in my book isn’t justice for anyone, and simply creates thousands more ‘victims’ of the abusers. 
I don’t know much about the specifics of these cases, but what I do know is that much of the clamour for Celtic to be held to account has nothing at all to do with justice, but is the other lot determined to see them destroyed…, effectively ‘weaponising’ the abuse, which is a fcuking despicable act in itself.
For what it’s worth I’d say hang the perpetrators, and jail the facilitators. Trouble with so many of these ‘historic’ cases (churches, BBC, kids homes etc, etc.) is that it’s so long ago it’s never going to be that easy. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, pesky1972 said:

I have no skin in this game btw. Been rumbling on for years. Lawyers jumped on it now and going after the football club for compensation. Bottom line for me is that football clubs don’t rape kids.., it’s people that do that. ‘Fining’ or awarding damages from a club for the deeds of people who worked there 4 decades ago just takes money out of the pockets of the supporters who fill the stands now, investors, the staff who work there etc. Those people have done nothing wrong, so why should they be made to pay? It doesn’t hurt the perpetrator so in my book isn’t justice for anyone, and simply creates thousands more ‘victims’ of the abusers. 
I don’t know much about the specifics of these cases, but what I do know is that much of the clamour for Celtic to be held to account has nothing at all to do with justice, but is the other lot determined to see them destroyed…, effectively ‘weaponising’ the abuse, which is a fcuking despicable act in itself.
For what it’s worth I’d say hang the perpetrators, and jail the facilitators. Trouble with so many of these ‘historic’ cases (churches, BBC, kids homes etc, etc.) is that it’s so long ago it’s never going to be that easy. 

That’s a great post mate, very, very well thought out and astute ?

Aint it the case now, there has to be a sacrificial lamb for everything…..that’s just who we have become and it’s shite to be honest.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Feckin hell, seems that in GB or The ROI to get anywhere in life ya had to touch the toes and take one up the keeker. Wtf is happening over here ffs

Not just us mate, have you seen that shit in France ?

They reckon there’s 250,000 victims of the clergy out there !!

6 minutes ago, WILF said:

Not just us mate, have you seen that shit in France ?

They reckon there’s 250,000 victims of the clergy out there !!

As they say, predatory pedos will always get jobs that get them close to the victims. Clergy, teachers, youth leaders etc etc. They need a lot better checks before getting those kind of jobs. And guilty pedos need chopped up in the street when caught

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Lenmcharristar said:

As they say, predatory pedos will always get jobs that get them close to the victims. Clergy, teachers, youth leaders etc etc. They need a lot better checks before getting those kind of jobs. And guilty pedos need chopped up in the street when caught

True mate.

Do you know what, it’s f***ing horrible really when you work with kids too because of what these dirty fuckers have done.

Dont get me wrong, the child protection is good and making sure there is always a second adult present is brilliant for protecting both the kids and yourself but it’s shit thinking “Can I pick that kid up if they hurt themselves or give them a Pat on the back if they do well” 

We are all victims of these f***ing arseholes, they stole everyone’s innocence in that regard.

• Like 7
21 hours ago, pesky1972 said:

I agree with your points. The current trend seems to be to fine large organisations rather than prosecute the perpretrators. Same with the public utility companies. If fines are levied the consumer ultimately pays the fine in increased charges to cover the fine. Why not haul the board of directors through the court? That would have a greater deterrent than meaningless fines. 

Simply levying large fines on organisation is pure greed and does nothing to solve tbe problem. 

If you don't penalise these large corporations/churches worth millions who seem unable to police/protect children in their care, will they bother in the future? I think there needs to be a lot more done than just financial but unfortunately for the majority of them it's all they care about. I wonder if the Catholic church has gone as far back as it has to cover up more recent crimes ie making it seem more historic than it is...end of the day society needs real punishment for the perpetrators including chemical castration for serial/repeat offenders...the do gooders would rather protect perpetrators or badgers come to that than our own children. 

5 minutes ago, Borr said:

If you don't penalise these large corporations/churches worth millions who seem unable to police/protect children in their care, will they bother in the future? I think there needs to be a lot more done than just financial but unfortunately for the majority of them it's all they care about. I wonder if the Catholic church has gone as far back as it has to cover up more recent crimes ie making it seem more historic than it is...end of the day society needs real punishment for the perpetrators including chemical castration for serial/repeat offenders...the do gooders would rather protect perpetrators or badgers come to that than our own children. 

If the people at the top of the ladder were prosecuted personally rather than a fine on the business then that would make them a lot more careful about covering anything up or turnjng a blind eye. The Catholic church is worth billions. Being fine a few million is nothjng to them. But start putting bishops and the like up before a jury with the chancd of going to prison and they'll soon clear up their act.

• Like 2