Work place natural selection

Just now, WILF said:

He was supposed to show you mate, that’s what a manager is meant to do ?

He just assumed mate, a made up for my inexperience with eagerness. ?

Now I'm in a job that's mind numbing but better money. ?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well my company have just started a young lad 19 yrs old to labour on me..got to be honest he's a good kid,put most men I've worked with to shame,proper little grafter...he deserves more than what the

First lesson I used to say to lads, never assume, make sure. I personally have always hated all that “f**k about with the new lad” mentality……I got a bit of it when I was young and I always thoug

I've been a grafter since my days in the womb, I expect every man and his dog to put 100% effort when they work in my team.  Go hard or go home!   

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

He just assumed mate, a made up for my inexperience with eagerness. ?

Now I'm in a job that's mind numbing but better money. ?

First lesson I used to say to lads, never assume, make sure.

I personally have always hated all that “f**k about with the new lad” mentality……I got a bit of it when I was young and I always thought them type of blokes were pricks and do you know what, they are !

I never did it with my own lads, it can break young lads….as I said, bad management mate.

• Like 7
Just now, WILF said:

First lesson I used to say to lads, never assume, make sure.

I personally have always hated all that “f**k about with the new lad” mentality……I got a bit of it when I was young and I always thought them type of blokes were pricks and do you know what, they are !

I never did it with my own lads, it can break young lads….as I said, bad management mate.

I get what you're saying mate but it wasn't like that, not saying that stuff like that doesn't go on, it's terrible in some places. 

When you see all these videos on FB on building sites where they're always carrying on with young un's, don't find it all too funny myself. 

Giving it the big one when many have been work dodging useless cnuts themselves all their working lives. 

I do miss working in a railway gang though, good crack and good times, especially with the older generation who were mainly ex miners. 

• Like 2

I ended up with a decent little team of lads, my work used to be very, very physically demanding and mentally demanding too with some of the hours required and the work ethic required too.

Thats very hard for young lads to just walk into, they didn’t know this type of graft existed so you have to nurture people a bit.

Many of my lads would have been considered some of the lowest in society, unskilled, unqualified and unemployed upto the point they came to work for me but when we were in the thick of it those lads became emperors……and the best bit was, you could see they knew it and you watched the pride they felt as a man.

It has been my pleasure to see some of them go on and become very up together adults when their path could have been so different, some didn’t but a few did and that’s value added lads ?

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Welsh_red said:

I work for myself as a builder and it turns out labourers across the country are earning more money than me . I need to up my prices , had a young lad working for me and paid him 60 a day and even then i thought i paid him to much

I had a summer job labouring for my uncle in 2005, worked out at £2.50 an hour ffs ?

1 hour ago, WILF said:

While undoubtedly there’s a good few non starters amongst workers, in my experience there’s also a good few non starters amongst management too.

Managing people is all about making them believe they can do things they didn’t think they could do, creating that mindset and then you get not only to enjoy watching their self esteem grow but also a decent lad who knows the standard required.

People who just can’t meet your own standards in whatever job you do and who obviously never will should be let go quickly before they spoil the apple barrel, they will eventually drift into something where the detritus washes up like picture framing or being a traffic cozzer ! Lol ? 

That's picture framerist 

I know a canny one 

IMG_20210906_170438.jpg

• Like 2

I honestly think mobile phones and computer games are having a detrimental affect on the work ethic of some lads who are starting in the workplace we have a lad at work though he his in his 30s that's never got the phone out of his hand another ex miner like me who works at the same place often says feck me we would have been oreight with some of this fekers darn pit.?

'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, tatsblisters said:

I honestly think mobile phones and computer games are having a detrimental affect on the work ethic of some lads who are starting in the workplace we have a lad at work though he his in his 30s that's never got the phone out of his hand another ex miner like me who works at the same place often says feck me we would have been oreight with some of this fekers darn pit.?

'

My old governor asked me to help him on a job a few years back, he had brought a lad with him and that lad was in his phone all the time.

Now my old governor is the most horrible, hard nosed old b*****d you have ever met when you are working, I was the only one mental enough to work with him until I bought him out…..he just used to break people.

So, anyway, he says to this lad “get off your phone” and as soon as he is gone the lads back on the phone.

Tells him again and now I’m chuckling to myself because I know the explosion is coming ! Lol…..the 3rd time he grabs the lads phone and aims it out of a 10th story window into the London night ! Lol ? 

Lads face was a f***ing picture ! Lol 

Total mental case.

• Haha 2

Well my company have just started a young lad 19 yrs old to labour on me..got to be honest he's a good kid,put most men I've worked with to shame,proper little grafter...he deserves more than what they are paying him?I will try and get him a rise next few weeks ?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Daniel cain said:

Well my company have just started a young lad 19 yrs old to labour on me..got to be honest he's a good kid,put most men I've worked with to shame,proper little grafter...he deserves more than what they are paying him?I will try and get him a rise next few weeks ?

There you have it in a nutshell mate, respect earned, respect given and the appropriate reward to go with it ?

• Like 3