Well bred saluki lurcher pups

If I wanted one of these pups, I'd pay £500 in a heartbeat !

But it's come to something that we now think £500 is a decent price for a lurcher pup.......I suppose it is when compared to the £1,000's people are paying for crossbreed potlickers like cockerpoos and such.

These coursing dogs have allways sold at a premium, way above "normal" lurcher prices, and lads have been willing to pay.

I don't begrudge what anyone gets for pups, it seems to be a sellers market, but I'm glad there's still people in our game breeding for the sport, not the money.

Cheers.

• Like 4

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

I love watching old bits on greyhound racing mate ? really was another world bk then packed to the rafters shame its gone down hill ?

You're not wrong mate.  Back in the day, late 70's early 80's, the bigger greyhound races, derby, cesarewich etc, would regularly be on normal tv. Sadly, all gone.

• Like 1
Just now, SheepChaser said:

Amazes me how much folk moan a little paying for running dogs  ? them pups are crackers. 

Fensfar really does do right by em there  alway absolutely immaculate ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

I think so mate ? I dont think a greyhound can add nothing to a good coursing bred its going backwards speed isn't an issue ?

There have been half bred, saluki  greyhound put in, 

2 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

Caulfields well known dog Joe was bred down from these, think his Sally might have been aswell, long time ago now

Joe was out of swoop a quality bitch merlin eve bred to a dog out of bob and imported saluki ?

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Fensfar really does do right by em there  alway absolutely immaculate ?

You can tell that a mile off mate. 

It costs me £100 to fill my truck up and about £150-200 a corner to put tyres on it.

So I can’t put four new tyres on the truck for the cost of one of those pups ..... the tyres will last a year if I’m lucky but most likely one will go pop within a few months. 

Edited by SheepChaser
  • Like 4