Rehoming a bitch

21 hours ago, OldPhil said:

? I USED to be a serious fecker over jukels,.and my gun came out of its holster like 'Quick Draw MacGraw"?

Things are different now,..life moves on and dawgs, ferrets, killing whatever rises, and the constant pressures that the hunting game inevitably creates,..no longer rule me...?

Far from awarding respect and kudos to similarly bred guys who think along the same lines as I once did,..nowadays I look them in the eyes,..and feel kinda sorry for them....?

You think a dog man with exactly what he wants on the lead is bothered if someone feels sorry for him he’s bouncing like the dog ? 

I think he will be more bothered if he had to blank most times out change how he hunts to accommodate the dog soon get sick 

In your quick draw McGraw days did you have a good standard of dog Phil ? ? 

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just for the record the bitch doesn’t have mental issues. She’s not had the best of starts, and when she came to me she was nervy, sod all recall, generally just an unhappy dog. Like a big pup with no

Aye that’s why I’m making an attempt here, and not taking her to a kennels or something daft. I knew when I put the post up I would get the usual ‘shoot her’ suggestions. I’m not doing that and I’m su

I’m not the greatest fan of people so I have quite a good ars*hole filter. 

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

You think a dog man with exactly what he wants on the lead is bothered if someone feels sorry for him he’s bouncing like the dog ? 

I think he will be more bothered if he had to blank most times out change how he hunts to accommodate the dog soon get sick 

What's this, the new shooter taking on the old gunslinger?  I don't fancy your chances mate.  ?

• Haha 6
2 minutes ago, shaaark said:

What's this, the new shooter taking on the old gunslinger?  I don't fancy your chances mate.  ?

? I was getting at if he was harsh but had quality dogs it was worth it mate proberbly why he is still at it now obviously he will have mellowed with age ?  but he seems to still have quality ? 

new shooter taking on the old gunslinger ? I’d proberly not beat him at what he does mate ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
48 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Tend to find that most hero’s are just folk who’d like to be known as such. Case in point, you always are made aware of their heroic exploits. 

Like the lad who culled a pup after seeing the parents work. I’m not knocking the lad as I don’t know them ..... but let’s examine it a bit. Donald is a super super serious dog man that only keeps the best and won’t entertain any inferior or inferior bred dog in his kennels. So assuredly he saw the parents to the pup he bought in, under perform or jack, so like a super serious dog man he went home and gatted the pup, as he don’t keep sh*t......

So how come such a super dog man with all of the assumed connections and knowledge, brought in a pup from dogs he’d never seen run and obviously weren’t up to the job? Surely he’d have his own stuff or run stuff he’d seen tested to the death? Not be buying / taking in random pups of half arsed dogs that he’s never seen run ??? Obviously culling the pup abs telling folk makes him a proper dog man who only keeps great dogs ..... but to me it brings up more questions than answers and over the years I’ve learnt it’s very very dangerous to judge what you do or your dogs on anything other than what you see in front of you. Most of them hero’s, simply ain’t. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

Like the lad who culled a pup after seeing the parents work. I’m not knocking the lad as I don’t know them ..... but let’s examine it a bit. Donald is a super super serious dog man that only keeps the best and won’t entertain any inferior or inferior bred dog in his kennels. So assuredly he saw the parents to the pup he bought in, under perform or jack, so like a super serious dog man he went home and gatted the pup, as he don’t keep sh*t......

So how come such a super dog man with all of the assumed connections and knowledge, brought in a pup from dogs he’d never seen run and obviously weren’t up to the job? Surely he’d have his own stuff or run stuff he’d seen tested to the death? Not be buying / taking in random pups of half arsed dogs that he’s never seen run ??? Obviously culling the pup abs telling folk makes him a proper dog man who only keeps great dogs ..... but to me it brings up more questions than answers and over the years I’ve learnt it’s very very dangerous to judge what you do or your dogs on anything other than what you see in front of you. Most of them hero’s, simply ain’t. 

Very profound.  

Edited by shaaark
28 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

? I was getting at if he was harsh but had quality dogs it was worth it mate proberbly why he is still at it now obviously he will have mellowed with age ?  but he seems to still have quality ? 

new shooter taking on the old gunslinger ? I’d proberly not beat him at what he does mate ? 

Old gunslinger that's tickled me ?

1 hour ago, SheepChaser said:

I don’t see what the big deal is about it mate.

We could also say you are trying to re-home something that isn’t good enough for you and he ain’t ?

Worlds not black and white mate, I understand it and so I understand you have your reasons......but people have to understand that others feel different.

Im not digging you out for your choices, it wouldn’t be my choice but then again it ain’t my dog.

People also change, today’s cull at the first sign of trouble is tomorrow’s older bloke letting stuff live out its days by the fire.

Everyone is being a smart arse about it.......no need ?

• Like 3

I’ll just add, people are only having a conversation about it because it was a public post in this forum and public forums are to yak about shit which is what we are all doing.

I suspect the reality is that nobody actually gives two fucks what anyone does with their dog in real life.....not our dog, not our life, not our problem.

?

Edited by WILF
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
21 minutes ago, WILF said:

I don’t see what the big deal is about it mate.

We could also say you are trying to re-home something that isn’t good enough for you and he ain’t ?

Worlds not black and white mate, I understand it and so I understand you have your reasons......but people have to understand that others feel different.

Im not digging you out for your choices, it wouldn’t be my choice but then again it ain’t my dog.

People also change, today’s cull at the first sign of trouble is tomorrow’s older bloke letting stuff live out its days by the fire.

Everyone is being a smart arse about it.......no need ?

It’s not a big issue. I just often find stories like that have a bit more to them. 

Maybe I should shoot the dog. But maybe she’s also better than a lot of stuff I’ve seen plenty of folk happy to keep and run. And a lot of folk who come here and I say she’s not for me ask why as she seems to be a handy dog to have about. 

She’s not sh*te, I’ve just got better in the kennels, and got more dogs than I really need about the place. She could do someone a turn, give them some sport and enjoyment. She’s just never going to set the world on fire in any way shape or form. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
16 minutes ago, WILF said:

I’ll just add, people are only having a conversation about it because it was a public post in this forum and public forums are to yak about shit which is what we are all doing.

I suspect the reality is that nobody actually gives two fucks what anyone does with their dog in real life.....not our dog, not our life, not our problem.

?

Totally agree mate and the purpose of me putting it here was to get the pms I have which I need to answer ? 

• Like 2