Rehoming a bitch

44 minutes ago, terryd said:

Personally I don't see the point of putting down a good dog when it can have a good life some where else or stay where it is if needs be. Just because it can't go like shit off a shovel. At least its with the right person now making sure she sorted for the future. Plenty are not 

Sometimes its better knowing there in ground then wondering where theyve ended up. Id be very dubious of rehoming anything at the moment especially a bitch even if spade dont mean it doesnt hold abit of value to someone unkowing. 

I allways think if its not good enough for me its no good to others its not nice but its part of hunting with dogs if youve any sort of mindset youll get failures its what happens to the failures that shows alot about a person

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just for the record the bitch doesn’t have mental issues. She’s not had the best of starts, and when she came to me she was nervy, sod all recall, generally just an unhappy dog. Like a big pup with no

Aye that’s why I’m making an attempt here, and not taking her to a kennels or something daft. I knew when I put the post up I would get the usual ‘shoot her’ suggestions. I’m not doing that and I’m su

I’m not the greatest fan of people so I have quite a good ars*hole filter. 

Posted Images

I'm with Terryd on this I really dont get the pts of a young healthy dog rehome into a pet home with a steady family much less likely to end up passed from pillar to post. Or keep for a mooching dog and accept that is what she is 

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, joe ox said:

Its much easier said than done rehoming a dog to a nice forever family. If it was that easy to rehome the rehoming kennels would be empty with a waiting list, not always full to capacity. 

Aye that’s why I’m making an attempt here, and not taking her to a kennels or something daft. I knew when I put the post up I would get the usual ‘shoot her’ suggestions. I’m not doing that and I’m sure I will find a decent home for her. As much as most folk are w*nkers there are also plenty decent folk out there, and plenty of dogs find a decent home. 

• Like 17
5 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Aye that’s why I’m making an attempt here, and not taking her to a kennels or something daft. I knew when I put the post up I would get the usual ‘shoot her’ suggestions. I’m not doing that and I’m sure I will find a decent home for her. As much as most folk are w*nkers there are also plenty decent folk out there, and plenty of dogs find a decent home. 

I hate to see dogs passed about from pillar to post and on the merry go round, its a very sad part of the game.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Aye me to. Best of just taking her out and sticking a slug in her then aye ? 

That is your decision and up to you, maybe your to blame for taking a dog on not suited to what your needs are?

I know a few lads that have taken dogs on and they have suited them and they have had a great working life. Be interesting to know how many people who spout the usual ‘put a bullet in it’ would or have seen it through. Unless it was seriously injured or had attacked my kids, I couldn’t do it. 

• Like 8
19 minutes ago, joe ox said:

That is your decision and up to you, maybe your to blame for taking a dog on not suited to what your needs are?

There’s a bit more to this story mate and as much as folk might like slinging mud on here, I’m not interested. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

There’s a bit more to this story mate and as much as folk might like slinging mud on here, I’m not interested. 

I aint slinging mud, your dammed if you do dammed if you dont on here you should know that, dont jump into the fire then complain that your hot. Why put yourself into that position on here?  

Just now, joe ox said:

I aint slinging mud, your dammed if you do dammed if you dont on here you should know that, dont jump into the fire then complain that your hot. Why put yourself into that position on here?  

At the end of the day, you never know who is reading and there are often folk on here looking for dogs, some of which may be genuine. I’m fairly confident if a person comes for a walk out with me I will know if he’s an idiot or not. It’s worked so far for the most part with the people I’ve met. I gave the dog a chance and I’m looking to give her another that’s all. I expect given the responses, she will stay here and come out and about with the pack and go out with the Mrs and embarrass her by killing stuff ? 

• Like 3

I have 2lurchers & a Terrier that were rehomed by me. They didn't suit there previous owners but have done everything I have asked of them. 1 is now 13,1 is 12 in November & the Terrier is 9. They all live in the house & have the run of our smallholding mornings & evenings. I wouldn't change any of them. I retire next year & not into spending hours lamping & getting soaked on winter nights any more. 

If the dog is good with kids, other dogs & livestock is my main concern. Good luck finding her a home & well done for trying ?

• Like 8
1 hour ago, white van man said:

I know a few lads that have taken dogs on and they have suited them and they have had a great working life. Be interesting to know how many people who spout the usual ‘put a bullet in it’ would or have seen it through. Unless it was seriously injured or had attacked my kids, I couldn’t do it. 

I put me own dog down at nearly 6 year old as i didnt want him sat in a pen watching other dogs go out lamping hed had a good life me other half and me littleun thought the world of him had since six weeks old. Wasnt nice but was the best thing for him at the time in my opinion. But we are all different. Im sceptical of these forever homes people seem to find for lurchers and then we gotta ask is it fair on the dog alot of the time ?

• Like 2

I think sheepchaser is sort of offering the dog to someone on here and this is hes way of doing it. Not saying he should put it down or dump it or sell it its upto him my posts are aimed at folk that say theres no need for it abit disrespectful to the folk that take responsibility for there animals rather than taking a chance giving them to a stranger

• Like 4