In breeding in lurches

45 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Was gifted a bitch bred that way..3/8 5/8 bull grey dog over beddy grey dam...only bitch pup in the litter came smooth coated 23tts.. proper little tool in her day,wasn't picky around a hole,or on the lamp,most obedient dog I've ever owned,must of been a freak because she had some stamina and a heart of a dog 4 X her size ?gutted she got old?post-99494-0-25557000-1502540835_thumb.jpgpost-99494-0-37210000-1503740103_thumb.jpgpost-99494-0-74538100-1503740184_thumb.jpg

Cracker

• Like 1

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was gifted a bitch bred that way..3/8 5/8 bull grey dog over beddy grey dam...only bitch pup in the litter came smooth coated 23tts.. proper little tool in her day,wasn't picky around a hole,or on the

I beg to differ on that 1 mate ain't many dogs that can catch heavy amounts of bunnies on any terrain day or night ferreted bushed egg and do it well there places I know where your average dog would s

I don't see that as a problem I see that as a sales pitch 

Posted Images

Well at least you have options now, and I would be thinking the best way forward is to put yourself in a position where you have options down the line.

First thing I would do is get stalks off the dog. 

I would put the brother to the sister and if there is a proven bitch of a similar type that you have access to, I would put the brother over her. You have options then with father to daughter, son to aunty etc. 

Other way would be to get a proven dog of a similar type to put to the sister and breed the brother to the pups, but for me the first option is the better way if you can go about it. 

Whatever way it works out I hope it works out for you and you get what your after. 

The way I’d do it is brother to sister then the brother to a straight greyhound that way your not adding no contaminants that could cancel out what you already got as the brother is already 9yrs old with any breeding you gotta give yourself options with stock there’s alway dead stock an stuff don’t go to plan basically any brothers out of the brothers to greyhound produced are his bloodline to the throne ??

2 hours ago, poxon said:

The way I’d do it is brother to sister then the brother to a straight greyhound that way your not adding no contaminants that could cancel out what you already got as the brother is already 9yrs old with any breeding you gotta give yourself options with stock there’s alway dead stock an stuff don’t go to plan basically any brothers out of the brothers to greyhound produced are his bloodline to the throne ??

Be inbred to much for me mate that asking for trouble I've seen half bro sister pups have from bad skin spotted early to some with fits by 5 pts and some cancer 6 was a bad litter 

Your doubling up on good and bad ? 

Father daughter better than brother sister and I wouldn't want to do that 

Much better using distant relatives or same blood different family tree 

You need a big pool of dogs to start with  or line isn't going to last mate 

Remember mate you have a line of dog sire dam should be exactly what you want anyway your just trying to replicate either ? 

If your going  to grey thinking ill get a bit more speed then is the line any good in first place mate if your outcrossing for speed better mouth then its not in the line in in first place your basically breeding for how the dog looks 

1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

Be inbred to much for me mate that asking for trouble I've seen half bro sister pups have from bad skin spotted early to some with fits by 5 pts and some cancer 6 was a bad litter 

I wouldn’t do a brother sister mating it sounds good in thought I’m going straight to a greyhound with mine my outcross will be 50% related that’ll go to a full blooded family member of my bitch I plan on doing it in 3yr time then I’ll take a bitch if there’s one I like that in 4-5yrs will go to my bitches brother hopefully also while keeping my eye on other litter mates out of my bitches breeding an her litter mates an what there going to ive not got room of time in my life to be running more than 2 dogs at a time I’m not silly enough to over dog my self ive got the next 12-15yrs of dogs planned out but if my bitches mum is bred again to another beddy cross I like the sound of that we both know id be up for a dog pup out of that breeding to fold in 

but who knows it might all go tits up I might loose the bitch working an the mother may not ever be bred from it’s all only thoughts,curiosity and ideas I think it’s good to think things through properly before acting plan wisely an not stitch ones self up an leave options if you can anyone can slap a pair of dogs together an breed pups but trying to keep them genuinely good an honest bred workers that do what they bred for is the hardest thing I couldn’t breed out of a dog that I wasn’t happy with 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, poxon said:

I wouldn’t do a brother sister mating it sounds good in thought I’m going straight to a greyhound with mine my outcross will be 50% related that’ll go to a full blooded family member of my bitch I plan on doing it in 3yr time then I’ll take a bitch if there’s one I like that in 4-5yrs will go to my bitches brother hopefully also while keeping my eye on other litter mates out of my bitches breeding an her litter mates an what there going to ive not got room of time in my life to be running more than 2 dogs at a time I’m not silly enough to over dog my self ive got the next 12-15yrs of dogs planned out but if my bitches mum is bred again to another beddy cross I like the sound of that we both know id be up for a dog pup out of that breeding to fold in 

but who knows it might all go tits up I might loose the bitch working an the mother may not ever be bred from it’s all only thoughts,curiosity and ideas I think it’s good to think things through properly before acting plan wisely an not stitch ones self up an leave options if you can anyone can slap a pair of dogs together an breed pups but trying to keep them genuinely good an honest bred workers that do what they bred for is the hardest thing I couldn’t breed out of a dog that I wasn’t happy with 

sorry havnt read the full thread are all the dogs  in the recent family tree  all good workers /

• Like 1
2 hours ago, riohog said:

sorry havnt read the full thread are all the dogs  in the recent family tree  all good workers /

No worries ??It’s just worker to worker lurcher to Lurcher breeding not line breds there is line breeding in there on one side but it’s collie base not beddy base the other side is type breds it’s a right hotch potch of breeding but both sides went back to f1 bedlington greyhounds then each side were paired together giving me the bitch I have now that’s why I’m going to start a line using the bitch I have now as the base use her as the base blood start at the beginning  ive what seems to be a good bitch her mother is a good bitch an her grandmother the collie cross was handy bitch the only thing that won’t be a worker is the greyhound I’ll be a active racing dog with good form 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Was gifted a bitch bred that way..3/8 5/8 bull grey dog over beddy grey dam...only bitch pup in the litter came smooth coated 23tts.. proper little tool in her day,wasn't picky around a hole,or on the lamp,most obedient dog I've ever owned,must of been a freak because she had some stamina and a heart of a dog 4 X her size ?gutted she got old?post-99494-0-25557000-1502540835_thumb.jpgpost-99494-0-37210000-1503740103_thumb.jpgpost-99494-0-74538100-1503740184_thumb.jpg

Lovely bitch mate shame they get old did you ever get any pups off her?

40 minutes ago, poxon said:

No worries ??It’s just worker to worker lurcher to Lurcher breeding not line breds there is line breeding in there on one side but it’s collie base not beddy base the other side is type breds it’s a right hotch potch of breeding but both sides went back to f1 bedlington greyhounds then each side were paired together giving me the bitch I have now that’s why I’m going to start a line using the bitch I have now as the base use her as the base blood start at the beginning  ive what seems to be a good bitch her mother is a good bitch an her grandmother the collie cross was handy bitch the only thing that won’t be a worker is the greyhound I’ll be a active racing dog with good form 

I would seriously out x 2 abull greyhound, just 2 really feck things up 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Busher100 said:

Lovely bitch mate shame they get old did you ever get any pups off her?

She never had a proper season till she turned 10...A young Wheaton x dog I had at the time got on her, ended up needing emergency c section,9 pups died inside her ended up with 3...1 of them was real ropey so knocked it on the head.. kept a bitch for myself and a lad on here had the only  dog.my bitch went to a friend at 5 months old (top pic) that lost their dog,both made 26/27,the dog pup was a strong dog last time I saw it. Bottom is the bitch at 12m old ?post-99494-0-60585800-1493476276_thumb.jpgIMG-20171203-WA0005.thumb.jpg.75f6aa1deef67ea4cdafed4d05807007.jpg

4 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

She never had a proper season till she turned 10...A young Wheaton x dog I had at the time got on her, ended up needing emergency c section,9 pups died inside her ended up with 3...1 of them was real ropey so knocked it on the head.. kept a bitch for myself and a lad on here had the only  dog.my bitch went to a friend at 5 months old (top pic) that lost their dog,both made 26/27,the dog pup was a strong dog last time I saw it. Bottom is the bitch at 12m old ?post-99494-0-60585800-1493476276_thumb.jpgIMG-20171203-WA0005.thumb.jpg.75f6aa1deef67ea4cdafed4d05807007.jpg

I’d say too much running probably mate had a couple bitchs miss season when they’re proper running fit, ashame only 2 lived did they come hard as the dame? 

6 hours ago, mC HULL said:

Never bin Coalville then

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, mC HULL said:

Remember mate you have a line of dog sire dam should be exactly what you want anyway your just trying to replicate either ? 

If your going  to grey thinking ill get a bit more speed then is the line any good in first place mate if your outcrossing for speed better mouth then its not in the line in in first place your basically breeding for how the dog looks 

I don’t have a line!!!!it’s type bred ??‍♂️ I’m sure we’ve had this same conversation twice before? I’ve not changed my stance or mixed my words or wanting a pat on the back from no one telling me I’ve bred good dogs I don’t want to try an be a hero in the dog game I definitely don’t want some name for my self. I’m in a good position to start a line for my self with what I have in front of me and around me ive a good beddy x to start with bred from good dogs I’m sure if I produce shit I’ll hold my hands up an tell everyone on here ive produced a turd  people on here seem to have a short memory I’m not afraid to point out if I’ve a coward on my hands that don’t make what I expect from the cross Ive held my hands up before... no problem an ive been a man about it not a sly lieing little bitch it was what it was an it happen??I want to keep my beddy xs for what my expectations or interpretation of the cross should be not what the modern stuff is becoming 

sorry mc hull for the late reply mate??

• Haha 1