season is done!

36 minutes ago, poxon said:

Should be better next season for ya joe??

that’s right joe they do an so they should as it’s a open site when people ask ask for opinions that’s what they expect people opinions even if they don’t like the opinions offered as it’s all food for thought on what direction to go in the only man that can say exactly what’s going over any bitch is the owner of said bitch. As you can guess I’ve pretty much made my mind up on what direction I’ll like to go in when the times right my own opinion is based on my own judgment on my bitch an knowing her breeding right back to 1986 on one side an knowing a lot of the breeding on the drakeford side of the breeding it’s been a lot of Lurcher to Lurcher breeding both sides have been ironed out with f1 bedlington greyhound on both sides before the dam an sire were paired to produce my bitch. like I’ve said I welcome any one’s opinions I take them on bored my opinion on using a straight greyhound may change but just handy to try an figure out what direction you think your going to need to travel in rather than leave it till last minute trying to find what you need when the time come I’m a long way off from any plans of breeding anything yet 2-3yrs time 

definitely fast enough for what I need at the minute but age will eventually catch up with her like it does to us all no tricks of the trade when putting a dog behind something with pace can compensate for pace unless it’s boxing it off but when being b line it needs pace that’s my opinion any how. An I agree some Lurcher to Lurcher breds can be fast but it’s the luck of the draw how genetics throws its like any scatter breeding 

Food for thought poxon if your wondering what direction to go mate bitch obviously isn’t what you want same with moocher you’ve got one why get another comment 

if your bitch was class and had you amazed at times you’d be trying to replicate her any way you could not throwing different breeds in hoping one pops up mate don’t mean to sound like a knob ? ?? 

• Haha 1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That’s it season is done for us now was meant to lamp tonight as the last one of the season but don’t know weather I can be bothered tbh looking forward to just chilling out now after work in the gard

My season was all but over by November ? On this site everyone seems to have an opinion on what stud dog should go over other peoples bitch's! As for speed, she is obviously fast enough if h

Great dogs best thing i done with my bitch paddy was just under 26tts as well added height and  speed 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Food for thought poxon if your wondering what direction to go mate bitch obviously isn’t what you want same with moocher you’ve got one why get another comment 

if your bitch was class and had you amazed at times you’d be trying to replicate her any way you could not throwing different breeds in hoping one pops up mate don’t mean to sound like a knob ? ?? 

I’m open minded the bitch she’s only 2 ive all the time in the world ive said greyhound so my mind is made up??unless something pops up that I’m not liking but saying that wasn’t it you that was saying you can’t keep going Lurcher to lurcher ?

Don’t need to use flash words like class??‍♂️Ask your self why I’d want to go back to a greyhound an what my point would be intentions would be doing so? there’s a bigger picture here that you seem to of missed out on I’ll spell it out for you as I’ve been pretty consistent I’m happy with what I’ve got so far I know the breeding there not line bred saluki greyhounds there lurchers (I’d not want to add a random Lurchers as I’d definitely not replicate what I’ve got) why would I add greyhound? I’ve figured out what I’ve got suits me how can I keep the type....line breed! how can I do that with just one generation? Greyhound see what it produces as we are at the beginning I want to use my bitchs breeding as the base....the greyhound would be the outcross 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

An no offence taken ??There is method behind some people’s sounding of madness 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, poxon said:

I’m open minded the bitch she’s only 2 ive all the time in the world ive said greyhound so my mind is made up??unless something pops up that I’m not liking but saying that wasn’t it you that was saying you can’t keep going Lurcher to lurcher ?

Don’t need to use flash words like class??‍♂️Ask your self why I’d want to go back to a greyhound an what my point would be intentions would be doing so? there’s a bigger picture here that you seem to of missed out on I’ll spell it out for you as I’ve been pretty consistent I’m happy with what I’ve got so far I know the breeding there not line bred saluki greyhounds there lurchers (I’d not want to add a random Lurchers as I’d definitely not replicate what I’ve got) why would I add greyhound? I’ve figured out what I’ve got suits me how can I keep the type....line breed! how can I do that with just one generation? Greyhound see what it produces as we are at the beginning I want to use my bitchs breeding as the base....the greyhound would be the outcross 

If your happy with your base mate and are outcrossing normally you’ve linebred a few times before you need to outcross and all out cross is for is fresh blood because it’s getting bred bk tight with the  base blood  ?? 

your outcrossing to add something so you haven’t found the base you want yet ?? 

Ive gone bk to greyhound mate speed increases exciting to watch but catch rate suffered speed and no brain is what they add ?? 

11 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

If your happy with your base mate and are outcrossing normally you’ve linebred a few times before you need to outcross and all out cross is for is fresh blood because it’s getting bred bk tight with the  base blood  ?? 

your outcrossing to add something so you haven’t found the base you want yet ?? 

Ive gone bk to greyhound mate speed increases exciting to watch but catch rate suffered speed and no brain is what they add ?? 

There’s future plans in place down the road? we all gotta start somewhere I’m starting at the beginning as her as my base I thought I’d started a generation earlier but it didn’t work out.  I want to keep my own type to suit my needs alone ive got what I need now like I’ve said I’d be happy with this bitch again if I could duplicate it but just a bit more top end that is variable in Lurchers I’m flexible on size23-25 

we talking Lurchers here not f1 saluki greyhound for aiming at one job if you are talking Lurchers no one would get past going out an buying a f1 as it’s the perfect dog already but we know most 3/4 bred Lurchers tend to be more handy than f1 ??‍♂️It’s all about fine tuning seeing what works an what doesn’t I don’t think no one on a Internet forum can say for defiant an what wouldn’t work it all stems to if the breeding gels an the 50/50 chance 

my dogs breeding as gone the full circle from collie deerhound line breeding to Lurchers to Lurcher,scatter breeding were back at the beginning it’s been ironed out with 2 heavy hits of f1 bedlington greyhound to reset type 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

F1 saluki grey about best you can get on lamp and still do ok in the day I think ?? 

me I like 2/3ds 3/4 leaning to the saluki ? ?? 

Your like the riddler ???$$$

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Season done for some, hopefully the covid wont stop the real season.....the Show Season..?

Think I might have a crack at a double whammy gotta be worth a ponce about ain’t it ????

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, poxon said:

Your like the riddler ???$$$

Lol I have Coursing bred for dollar lol not me mate I have them because they do what I need but I’ll let you have a line from me dog 1000 be best 2 grand you ever spent when you bring a bitch pup back to him lol then you have generations of line breeding in your kennels lol

1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

Lol I have Coursing bred for dollar lol not me mate I have them because they do what I need but I’ll let you have a line from me dog 1000 be best 2 grand you ever spent when you bring a bitch pup back to him lol then you have generations of line breeding in your kennels lol

You’ve completely missed what I was getting at with your like the riddler! first you have put adding greyhound wouldn’t be what’s needed yet Most Lurchers are made up of a good % of greyhound as you’ve done it in the past adding it an ending up with thick in the head runners an as what I’ve got now isn’t a class act  if something else has to be added your words so yet your saying you only keep courseing bred then go on to say 2/3ds 1/4 bred leaning to the saluki like I’ve said your the riddler because  how the feck you get to 1/4 bred surly something was missing it wasn’t a class act bred from to be adding more saluki ??‍♂️??‍♂️?

the riddler is off Batman $$$ riddle me this!

mate I couldn’t careless why you keep courseing dogs money or not for breeding or what ever you keep them for not my business your dog you feed it??

and Na wouldn’t want no saluki blood not my bag fella couldn’t care about generations of line breeding or I would of stuck with the collie x line just wanna keep what suits me of a type that I’ve kept an bred thats tailored to me I’m not after no fame or glory or a moneymaking enterprise no pats on the back off people none of that shit just want to keep dogs bred by my self for me it’s that simple nowt wrong with that is there? 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, poxon said:

You’ve completely missed what I was getting at with your like the riddler! first you have put adding greyhound wouldn’t be what’s needed yet Most Lurchers are made up of a good % of greyhound as you’ve done it in the past adding it an ending up with thick in the head runners an as what I’ve got now isn’t a class act  if something else has to be added your words so yet your saying you only keep courseing bred then go on to say 2/3ds 1/4 bred leaning to the saluki like I’ve said your the riddler because  how the feck you get to 1/4 bred surly something was missing it wasn’t a class act bred from to be adding more saluki ??‍♂️??‍♂️?

the riddler is off Batman $$$ riddle me this!

mate I couldn’t careless why you keep courseing dogs money or not for breeding or what ever you keep them for not my business your dog you feed it??

and Na wouldn’t want no saluki blood not my bag fella couldn’t care about generations of line breeding or I would of stuck with the collie x line just wanna keep what suits me of a type that I’ve kept an bred thats tailored to me I’m not after no fame or glory or a moneymaking enterprise no pats on the back off people none of that shit just want to keep dogs bred by my self for me it’s that simple nowt wrong with that is there? 

I just think the point he was making is that if you want to lock traits in from your bitch then better going back to a related dig of same line but maybe a faster stamp. By going back to a grey you do add the speed but it’s a big jump away from the ‘line’ you wish to keep, as the pups will be 50% non related blood. If you then put that out to another unrelated dog then you’re miles away from what you started with in terms of line. One option would be to go to a grey then a bitch pup from that litter to best litter brother to your bitch etc. 

• Like 4
35 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

But of chat about line breeding but it’s only line breeding if breeding related dogs together and then the out cross to freshen it up a bit if it goes too close. 

I’ve not got a line don’t know we’re this as gone ????‍♂️I’d like to line breed my bitch ive got now  contained line breeding but isn’t line bred she’s a 57 now she’s young 2yrs old so far she’s been pretty good in 2-3yrs time id want to have a pup out of her if she carries on ive said I’d want to start a line using her as the base to start a line for my self hopefully ie using my bitch as the base to a greyhound then what ever I keep back we go from there ie son to mother or niece to uncle see what happens ?? Every line gotta start somewhere 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

I just think the point he was making is that if you want to lock traits in from your bitch then better going back to a related dig of same line but maybe a faster stamp. By going back to a grey you do add the speed but it’s a big jump away from the ‘line’ you wish to keep, as the pups will be 50% non related blood. If you then put that out to another unrelated dog then you’re miles away from what you started with in terms of line. One option would be to go to a grey then a bitch pup from that litter to best litter brother to your bitch etc. 

? last bit nailed it??You guess what I was getting at 

• Like 1