New NV scope

How do gents 

So achieved my lambing bonus (again ?) and fancy topping off my new rifle with new scope. 

I'm torn between Digex N450 Vrs Digisight N450. Anyone with experience of either I'd like to hear it. Is there any difference in performance? It will be a dedicated night time fox set up. 

Im familiar with pulsar menu, buttons etc and like them, but is there any other contenders I should consider??

Cheers boys ?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The problem with your choices are they aren't manufactured for what we do. They are low mag (base) and when you increase it digitally, clarity is lost due to pixalation. They are also i/r fussy, easil

Just eat more carrots ye fanny, job done! 

As it happens I have one I was going to bin (bought a pard).. when it's on for a long time the screen goes red and the rubber eye cup is missing.  If you want to try it to get an idea before you buy I

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

How do gents 

So achieved my lambing bonus (again ?) and fancy topping off my new rifle with new scope. 

I'm torn between Digex N450 Vrs Digisight N450. Anyone with experience of either I'd like to hear it. Is there any difference in performance? It will be a dedicated night time fox set up. 

Im familiar with pulsar menu, buttons etc and like them, but is there any other contenders I should consider??

Cheers boys ?

The problem with your choices are they aren't manufactured for what we do. They are low mag (base) and when you increase it digitally, clarity is lost due to pixalation. They are also i/r fussy, easily whiting out. They have very sensitive sensors to enable them to be used with very low amounts of i/r so as not to spook their intended quarry which is boar or hogs as they are also called. 

A better choice i think would be a pard 008. Scopes of any sort are a really personal thing and what suits one won't necessarily suit someone else. A lot also depends on what type of shooting you intend to do and at what ranges.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, BenBhoy said:

Well its got a pard008 lrf on it at the minute, so I'm dropping this idea like a sack of shiť! ?

How are you getting on with the 008 Ben? I’ve been considering one myself but never used one. As I said, I couldn’t get on with the 007. Also, I found the pulsar a pain. There’s a few Yukon’s on fleabay atm, I might have a bid, not sure though? 

35 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

How are you getting on with the 008 Ben? I’ve been considering one myself but never used one. As I said, I couldn’t get on with the 007. Also, I found the pulsar a pain. There’s a few Yukon’s on fleabay atm, I might have a bid, not sure though? 

I’ve used pards since they came out, 007 first then 8’s when they came out, I didn’t like the fact that you could only use a cheap scope with the 7’s cos it defied what I wanted out of the setup but the 8’s are about as good as it gets with clarity and bang for buck, get one with lrf on so you can swap between air rifle for rats n rabbits then bang it on cf for the fox’s!

I don’t use additional ir and Ben’s seen vids of me knocking fox’s off at 200 no problem

• Like 1
10 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

How do gents 

Cheers boys ?

Depends how good your bonus was Ben but I was well impressed with the entry level 38pulsar thermals the other week, I’ve always held back for the sake of 100% identification but not so much now 

1 hour ago, Dervburner said:

I've sent you a PM. You're fairly near me I think (Near Bingham) if you're ever over this way welcome to come have a play with 008. 

3 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

Well its got a pard008 lrf on it at the minute, so I'm dropping this idea like a sack of shiť! ?

What's put you off the 008? I haven't got one but use a mates a fair bit and really impressed by it (it doesn't take much to be fair lol) I have every intention of buying one before next winter. I've not used a pulsar since the 550 (?), are there much better than a pard?

30 minutes ago, Tyla said:

What's put you off the 008?

Honestly; nor a lot!! Can be a bit battery thirsty when using Ir but no bother to carry spare 18650. I just get bit itchy when I have cash in pocket, something about a fool & his money!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

Honestly; nor a lot!! Can be a bit battery thirsty when using Ir but no bother to carry spare 18650. I just get bit itchy when I have cash in pocket, something about a fool & his money!! 

My mate uses a solaris srx in conjunction with his 008 on a 204 and has had some decent range kills with it. 

• Like 2