12g cartridges price

4 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

Look at the price of that ammo . That is the price I was paying here 20 years ago . I remember buying 1000 clay cartridges for around £80 Sterling when I was clay shooting regularly. You need deep pockets now to go clay shooting. 
            I was talking to someone the other day about where I the world you would like to live . I said without hesitation Florida , great weather ( apart from the bad weather) great fishing and guns , lots of guns , and cheap ammunition.?

The grass ain't greener on the other side.  Americans might Speke English ( well a sort of English) but they ain't English.  There might be loads of guns but there ain't much ammunition to be had AND there's a big problem with sink holes in Florida.  AND Me.gain and the ginger chimp are in residence.  And Donny is down there that's if his neighbours haven't booted him out.

3 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

It’s nice to go there on holiday . It’s the only place I’ve visited that I didn’t want to race back home from . We visited the keys , but instead of paying stupid money to stay there we stayed in Homestead and drove there every day . My wife said “ is it safe here “? “Sure it is “ I said , I then went and googled the violent crime stats for the area and it was in the top 10 most dangerous places ....... as Kenny Rogers said , “you could of heard a pin drop as I turned and closed the door “. 

there's a lot of lunatics down there.  They do have some crazy Mardi Gras street festivals though.  

3 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

Then that night you wear a pair of these & sidle up to the shortest skirts....cracking view!! 

e3f54a7c8e78dd2b8962bbc13e3e5d2a.jpg

Not much fun when you trip arse over head and every one laughs at you.  It must be more efficient to do as the Goodies did in a sketch where they ran out of money to chuck on the ground so the girls bent over to pick it up.  They got a door mirror off of a car and tied it on to one of their shoes so that they could look up skirts ??  I think that  the goody doing it got clouted round the ear by a woman. ????

5 hours ago, Wolfdog91 said:

Got a 100 round pack the other day, bout the only thing you can find on shelves right nowIMG_20210302_213217927.jpg.a86309d6c38ab98221531dbab769f9a3.jpg

Thats £16.50 a hundred.  for 1.1/8 = 32 grm load.!!!  £160 a thousand. !!!    Back the motor up BOY  at that price.  I'd prefer 30 Grm though.

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, Meece said:

there's a lot of lunatics down there.  They do have some crazy Mardi Gras street festivals though.  

Mardi Gras is lit ?? I will say though you better get buzzed because when they say the parades last all day they don't they last all day AND night ? 3 days 7a.m till 12:30 a.m  float after float  and that was the short one.

Edited by Wolfdog91
  • Like 1
On 13/03/2021 at 01:05, Meece said:

Thats £16.50 a hundred.  for 1.1/8 = 32 grm load.!!!  £160 a thousand. !!!    Back the motor up BOY  at that price.  I'd prefer 30 Grm though.

7.5 shot though. Bit small. Prefer 6's for most applications myself. Guessing that's why they're the ones left on the shelf. Not much clay shooting going on.

2 hours ago, Alsone said:

7.5 shot though. Bit small. Prefer 6's for most applications myself. Guessing that's why they're the ones left on the shelf. Not much clay shooting going on.

I like 7.5 28g for decoying, good pattern & doesn't bother you're shoulder if you shoot a hundred of them. I think US 7.5 would be like 6.5 in UK.

Edited by BenBhoy
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Alsone said:

It's the age old debate about shot size, choke and all sorts of stuff. Years ago it was Eley grand prix 1.1/16 #5 shot.  Everyone used it on everything. Rat to an elephant. My father bucked the popular trend back then and used 7s. Personal I don't care too much about shot size within reason. If you put the lead on the target, it will do the job. Still let's not dwell on the trivialities of shot size.  I've got  simulated days shooting booked up for the summer will soon be here and I  want to load up a thousand 28 gauge to load up as reserve stock. I  don't sleep much so I'd be alright out there street partying.

Edited by Meece
On 16/03/2021 at 15:20, BenBhoy said:

I like 7.5 28g for decoying, good pattern & doesn't bother you're shoulder if you shoot a hundred of them. I think US 7.5 would be like 6.5 in UK.

America, everything has to be bigger! 

On 16/03/2021 at 19:40, Meece said:

It's the age old debate about shot size, choke and all sorts of stuff. Years ago it was Eley grand prix 1.1/16 #5 shot.  Everyone used it on everything. Rat to an elephant. My father bucked the popular trend back then and used 7s. Personal I don't care too much about shot size within reason. If you put the lead on the target, it will do the job. Still let's not dwell on the trivialities of shot size.  I've got  simulated days shooting booked up for the summer will soon be here and I  want to load up a thousand 28 gauge to load up as reserve stock. I  don't sleep much so I'd be alright out there street partying.

Agreed. 7.5 British is still a bit small I think. There's a reason pretty much anything over 7 is labelled clay and not game. That said if US 7.5 = UK 6.5 then explains it. I do agree shot size is subjective and there is no right and wrong answer other than don't go too small for killing power or cause holes in the pattern by going too large. Anything in between, personal choice, although there are accepted norms.

Edited by Alsone