The EU vaccine crisis explained in one sentence

I just will never understand how anyone is comfortable with the Brussels set up. You hate Boris and the cons fine you at least have to respect the fact more people voted for him than your preference but the real power base in Brussels is just jobs for the boys, backhanders and full blown nepotism with no chance for the people they govern to vote them in or out! Even if they were doing an amazing job (they are not!) the point of democracy is the people decide who governs them. That was the heart of Brexit, accountability. How anyone can still think we should be part of that shambles blows my mind. They have shown their true colours this week, horrible bullies. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s pathetic how they are threatening the UK state because the private company AstraZeneca have slightly delayed delivery of EU orders. Talk about redirecting blame... So far I feel very vi

I like this bloke  ........ He puts it perfectly     

I just will never understand how anyone is comfortable with the Brussels set up. You hate Boris and the cons fine you at least have to respect the fact more people voted for him than your preference b

Posted Images

Verhoftwat has broken cover and even he is criticising the EU's policy. The hypocritical twunt now wants a close UK / EU relationship after years of slagging the UK off at every opportunity.

Not looking good for Ursula.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, ChrisJones said:

Now that Don's out of work maybe the EU will hire him to negotiate with Boris?

I'd have thought old Irish Joe  would have been furious and the first to condem the EU at the prospect of a hard border in his beloved homeland but not a peep lol

• Haha 1

Let's envisage a scenario that's not too far fetched......

Russia invades an EU member country.

Whats the EU's response ?

Well they haven't got an army, navy or Air Force worth talking about, and if their abysmal response to Covid is any indication of their effectivenes, then it would be all over bar the shouting, as they say !

Of course, they would scream for NATO help, an organisation they have spent years undermining.

And by "NATO", of course I mean the USA and Britain !

Perhaps they need reminding of this when the try to flex their muscles and try to bully the UK !

Cheers.

• Like 2

The German press are really gunning for UVDL. Der Spiegel lists all her failures in German ministries. She is one of those people that we will have all come across who get promoted to a department, change everything and trumpet her successes so that she gets promoted again. And then they discover that she has left it in a mess. And this has been repeated over and over again. She always blames others, never admits it is her fault. The German army was left with no rifles and helicopters. When she was Education Minister she tried to introduce school meals and left the department in a mess that took her successor to sort out.

Now she has nowhere to escape to. At the moment she is refusing press interviews and refusing to comment.

It would take a two-thirds majority to remove her, but the pressure on her is so great that they think that she might resign. After taking the EU Health Minister down first as is her custom.

There is a paragraph in the Der Spiegel article that says:

Furthermore, say members of von der Leyen's staff, the criticism from the member-state capitals, Berlin included, is rather hypocritical given the wildly divergent approaches to the vaccines from the bloc's 27 member states. Some of them were particularly concerned about costs, while others didn't care how large the bill would be. Some had faith in the new mRNA technology, while others preferred to rely on more time-tested methods. Given such disagreements, the Commission argues, how could things possibly have gone any faster?

And that answers Chartpolski's question. If Russia annexed Sweden to grab their iron ore deposits would Greece and Portugal chip in to evict them? No. They would still be discussing years later.

1 hour ago, kanny said:

I'd have thought old Irish Joe  would have been furious and the first to condem the EU at the prospect of a hard border in his beloved homeland but not a peep lol

The rumour going around is that Sleepy doesn't trust Boris because of his ties to Donnie! :laugh:

19 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

The rumour going around is that Sleepy doesn't trust Boris because of his ties to Donnie! :laugh:

Lol bojo was one of the first to throw donnie under the bus once his usefulness had gone ? 

• Like 1

Ursula is a perfect example of "The Peter Principle"

She was probably a competant secretary, typing notes and getting the coffee, but because of her background, ( born in Brussels, from German parents, who where EU apparatchiks), fluent in German and French, she has been promoted way, WAY, above her intelligence and education level.

Shes facing a huge political problem, which is way above her, and the EU equivalent to our "men in grey suits" will, by now, have decided she is dispensable.

Equallity, wether it's sexual, racial or whatever, only counts until the shit hits the fan, then the professionals take the reins again !

Cheers

• Like 5