Wirral private school

I once had a job on a little private school on the wirral. It was an amazing place. They were knocking it down to make it into apartments and build houses. Think was doing some bird proofing on the frontage. It was an ancient little place. Had a rifle range in an old air raid shelter underneath. Some serious history there. 

Wish I had taken photos before they flattened 90% of it. Apparently the school had its own pack of beagles at one time that was supposed to hunt a drag but in actual fact hunted anything that moved. 

Right in the centre of this beautiful spot was a little private school Chapel. These were the only photos I took. I found em interesting and a snap shot of a lost time. 

Whole spot is full of yuppies and commuters now 

IMG_20210108_223109.jpg

IMG_20210108_221131.jpg

IMG_20210108_222540.jpg

IMG_20210108_222900.jpg

IMG_20210108_222924.jpg

IMG_20210108_222952.jpg

IMG_20210108_223016.jpg

IMG_20210108_222952.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

nice that dido ...

i think a lot of the old schools and unis had hound packs.....i know when i used to drive down the A14 to to cambridge at the side of the road before you got to cambridge was a pub called Trinity foot ....and Trinity is one of the collages at cambridge 

A school were boys hunted, were taught to shoot and prayed at a Christian church. No doubt for the officer classes rather than oiks like me. A long gone England that many are happy to consign to the history books. Too happy in my opinion. 

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

A school were boys hunted, were taught to shoot and prayed at a Christian church. No doubt for the officer classes rather than oiks like me. A long gone England that many are happy to consign to the history books. Too happy in my opinion. 

Apparently the school was teaching kids to shoot right up until 2011. The woman on the right of the most modern picture was the 6th generation of her family to be head master. I had a big live catch pigeon trap on the top of the small building behind the guy with the guns head in the first picture 

Screenshot_20210109_160706.jpg

Screenshot_20210109_160552.jpg

Screenshot_20210109_160540.jpg

Edited by DIDO.1
  • Like 2

my dad went to boarding school from the age of 11 at dover ....he lived in sutton in ashfield here in notts and had to catch the train ....he used to do this all by himself....my grandad had died just after the war with a brain hemorage ....he was in the army and because of his army record which was exemplary...my dad was offered this place at boarding school ..it was an army school.....and because it was an army school they did loads of activitys like shooting ...boxing was another thing they did in P E 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Apparently the school was teaching kids to shoot right up until 2011. The woman on the right of the most modern picture was the 6th generation of her family to be head master. I had a big live catch pigeon trap on the top of the small building behind the guy with the guns head in the first picture 

Screenshot_20210109_160706.jpg

Screenshot_20210109_160552.jpg

Screenshot_20210109_160540.jpg

Didn't know Chris Tarrant was an air gunner?

Great pics mate ?

Cheers, D.

• Like 1