Nigel Farage endorsing Tony Blair for government role

Watched Nigel's clip last night. Not one to get over excited about rumours or he said she said. But i would not have believed it unless I watched it myself. 

I like Farage and his positive attitude about getting things done and his battling against the Big EU boys, but it highlighted to me just how even Nigel can be swept away by a few mere words (ie Blair regarding the vaccine). Come on Nigel. 

In our adversarial political system, the status quo is to refute and attack the views of the other side, even when you know they are right.

So, isn't it  even a little bit encouraging that Farage is agreeing with someone who is on the opposite end of the political spectrum when he thinks they are right ? 

I'll add a caveat, though; if Blair said it was raining, I'd still look out the widow to make sure he wasn't lying !!

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, chartpolski said:

In our adversarial political system, the status quo is to refute and attack the views of the other side, even when you know they are right.

So, isn't it  even a little bit encouraging that Farage is agreeing with someone who is on the opposite end of the political spectrum when he thinks they are right ? 

I'll add a caveat, though; if Blair said it was raining, I'd still look out the widow to make sure he wasn't lying !!

Cheers.

Exactly charts. Most people have failed to notice someone being objective, something that seems sadly lacking these days....

2 hours ago, Balaur said:

What's your view? On Blair and Farage...

In this context? It’s someone making a good point about someone else making a good point. I love observing human nature & this is pure gold to me ?

Personally I wouldn’t be endorsing Tony Blair for anything, but maybe he’s cheaper than some of the cabinets mates? ?

Edited by Accip74
1 hour ago, Accip74 said:

Exactly charts. Most people have failed to notice someone being objective, something that seems sadly lacking these days....

The media are massively to blame for this. The push an agenda where society won't accept anything except confident powerful arguments that MUST at all costs be 100% correct. And that just isn't real life. 

There's nothing wrong with a u turn. Unfortunately today's view is someone who changes their opinion is weak and out of control. Even to consider the view of someone who  has been condemned as wrong is to accept all that persons views 

I'd rather strangle every chronically ill/high risk/aged citizen in the country than let Blair near Westminster again.

I'm sick of hearing people tell us how we're doing so bad. It's f***ing nonsense. Our economy has jumped UP the global ladder and is predicted to outpace France post Brexit and we've absolutely nailed the vaccination race. Not to mention while this once in a century crises has been going on we've managed to undertake the greatest constitutional 'recalibration' any of us will likely be a part of.

f**k off will I be endorsing letting that rotten c**t, who has done more damage to my culture than any other living human, back in the hot seat. :bad:

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3
2 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I'd rather strangle every chronically ill/high risk/aged citizen in the country than let Blair near Westminster again.

I'm sick of hearing people tell us how we're doing so bad. It's f***ing nonsense. Our economy has jumped UP the global ladder and is predicted to outpace France post Brexit and we've absolutely nailed the vaccination race. Not to mention while this once in a century crises has been going on we've managed to undertake the greatest constitutional 'recalibration' any of us will likely be a part of.

f**k off will I be endorsing letting that rotten c**t, who has done more damage to my culture than any other living human, back in the hot seat. :bad:

Leave that comment on nigels video mate 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 minute ago, Accip74 said:

Leave that comment on nigels video mate 

I don't really have a problem with him or his opinion. I don't think less of him for the view he has shared. And my view would probably get me prosecuted or at least reprimanded if shared in a more public forum. :laugh:

• Haha 2