Nice Pawn shop find

5 minutes ago, Balaur said:

Hurricane Katrina, I remember seeing a copper with a riot pump on TV saying if they come out with food or water that's fine if they got a TV they're getting shot.

Disgusting how USA abandoned their own during that time.

O katrina was such a cluster it's rediclous. Lots and lots of factors went into it. Honestly alot of the problems where people who where looting and stealing stuff they didn't need. TV's jewelry what not.  And the government can only do so much hence why so much falls back on the individual.  Theirs something called the cajun navy that's a good example. Anytime these big storms hit literal thousands of people come from across the state and country with personal boats, helicopters, airboats jet skies , swamp buggies you name it and they do search and rescue help national guard ,feed people and what not. Their usually in screen before any government agency is there. And yes their usually armed to the teeth because theirs some people out who don't know how to act and we'll, honestly if your trying to loot and steal during a natural disaster just to do it the would would probably be better off with somone dumping a round in your skull but that's just my views on the subject ?

• Like 3

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok swear I need to stay outta pawn shops lol. Said I was just gonna pop in real quick and get some cheap 7.62x39 to squirrel away but noticed this old .22lr on the self. And of course the n

Got's a sweet shooter. Just off a sand sock on the front porch with some cheap bulk federal copper plated hollow points. About 15yd once I got it sighted  And around 30, need som

O katrina was such a cluster it's rediclous. Lots and lots of factors went into it. Honestly alot of the problems where people who where looting and stealing stuff they didn't need. TV's jewelry what

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Wolfdog91 said:

Ummm I live like 3hours from New Orleans and end up getting alot of the after effects of those storms but anyhow the state of Louisiana disarming citizens, yeah I've never heard of that happening nor do I think it would. California yeah but Louisiana, mississippi, texas and other southern states ,unless it's at an extremely local level on a case by case basis it's not gonna happen . That had to have been some local law enforcement knew about and found them unsafe or something. 

The southern states disarming citizens isn't gonna happen for a few reasons one mainly being people will not comply, and yes people will get shot. 

It was several years ago now And I  can't remember what it was all about but everyone was flooded out and I  remember these blokes being in a boat and being disarmed.  They were well pissed about it because there was some nice shotguns they had. This was a local thing  not a general thing.  Everyone was flooded out and there were only a few people left there.

1 minute ago, Meece said:

It was several years ago now And I  can't remember what it was all about but everyone was flooded out and I  remember these blokes being in a boat and being disarmed.  They were well pissed about it because there was some nice shotguns they had. This was a local thing  not a general thing.  Everyone was flooded out and there were only a few people left there.

Yeah in that case it could have just been local law wanting to run the numbers to makes sure they where actually theirs and not looted

• Like 1

So got out today and tried to do a good amo test. Used my BOG tripod with a deflated sand sock for a front rest and a regular sand sock as a rear. Barely had to move it to get on target. 

27.5yards  10rounds  targets where traced off if dimes and colored with a red sharpie.

IMG_20210101_164229464.jpg.edfe286fc40ed95e1e9b9bf47c21d7c5.jpgIMG_20210101_194848557.jpg.991c63ae29ce52436e6cc9c2bdccd0e2.jpgIMG_20210101_194911816.jpg.198ef8797f9dc73c625ac82604baef9a.jpg

Just finished editing the video and should be up in the next few days

• Like 3
56 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

Interesting, are the Remington’s old stock or are they still in production? I’ve found federal classic to be cheap and accurate but not much luck with most of Remington’s.22’s ?

the 5xx series are all old stock,most being produced from the 40's to the late 50's early 60's if  remember right alot of them end up being sold for next to nothing when someones grand parents die because they don't know anything about the rifles.

Edited by Wolfdog91
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

@Wolfdog91 @Rickshaw swami

Just got off the phone with my ammo guy... He's only answering his phone to stored numbers, now, and he told me he's coming up for being 950,000 rounds behind in his back orders. He also said the component companies don't seem to have a huge interest in upping their supply to meet the demand either.

Elections and pandemics have really stiffed the supply chain. It's going to be a minute. Makes me glad I stocked up when times were good but now I'm afraid to shoot it because I can't replace it! :laugh:

• Like 2
On 1/30/2021 at 16:45, ChrisJones said:

@Wolfdog91 @Rickshaw swami

Just got off the phone with my ammo guy... He's only answering his phone to stored numbers, now, and he told me he's coming up for being 950,000 rounds behind in his back orders. He also said the component companies don't seem to have a huge interest in upping their supply to meet the demand either.

Elections and pandemics have really stiffed the supply chain. It's going to be a minute. Makes me glad I stocked up when times were good but now I'm afraid to shoot it because I can't replace it! :laugh:

Learned my lesson first time around and stocked up decently.  I just wanna find the guy buying up all the dagum .22lr and beat his A$$ like seriously who shoots more than like two 500 rd bricks in a year.....wait.....never mind anyhow ??