10 minutes ago, walshie said:

Much to the amusement of those who probably don't own one, I shoot a Tikka T3 Lite in 223. Left handed one too. Terrific gun. 

I had the t3x lite in stainless on my list, along with the sako 85

• Like 1

I too shoot a tikka t3x light in .223 left handed ( the way proper lads shoot ? ) it’s my night time fox rifle, also have the same rifle in .243 stainless for day time foxes and deer, both rifle are a pleasure to shoot and the .223 is cheaper to feed than the .243 with factory ammo

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I too shoot a tikka t3x light in .223 left handed ( the way proper lads shoot ? ) it’s my night time fox rifle, also have the same rifle in .243 stainless for day time foxes and deer, both rifle are a pleasure to shoot and the .223 is cheaper to feed than the .243 with factory ammo

Excellent choice of gun and handedness. ? Mine's not the x, just the old version but as it shoots so well I don't see the need to upgrade it. 

12 hours ago, David.evans said:

What reasons for the sako Rob ? 

I don’t particularly like the stock fit, currently looking at an aftermarket stock for mine, by the time I’ve paid out for that I’m at or over sako money.

i don’t like the trigger (the break is nice but lots of creep)  I am looking at an aftermarket spring.......Possibly even a full trigger.

I don’t like the plastic mag, yes it works, but it feels, well plastic....

I don’t like not been able to top load.

In general, it’s a great rifle, but the more I shoot other rifles, the more this one feels like a tool, that’s built to a budget, I would like a tool that’s built to quality. Just me been fussy really ?

• Like 1

Tikka T3 in .223 for night time fox and Tikka T3 varmint stainless in .243 for daytime fox and deer . You can spend a lot more on rifles but for a good no nonsense functional tool , I don’t think you will go wrong . 
         I followed advice when deciding which calibre for foxing, and at the time everyone was using .222 or .223 . I still think these calibres are excellent , but having read about users of the .204 ruger and knowing a couple of keepers who use Tac 20s and practical 20s . I think I would have gone down the wildcat path .

i use a remmy 223 for goats for years,never had an issue...but next year im going to trade up to a tikka t3...my remmy is a bit battered and a synthetic stock after falling off a ridge and smashing the original stock...but it has served me well...no need to upgrade ,i just fancy a change  even though i dont do a whole lot of shooting these days 

I have a Remmy 700 in  223 I hated it at the start after chopping my 222 for it, however once I found the round for it, and shortened the barrel, what a tool I love it now, I have it as a dedicated night vision rifle and won’t be changing it, I have had tika in 243 many years ago and they are very good guns well worth buying , 

• Like 1
On 22/12/2020 at 17:19, shovel leaner said:

Why did you ask about a .223 in the deer stalking section, are you in Scotland? I know it’s capable of dropping stuff , but there are better calibres for deer . Like for example the 6.5 you have .

CWD, and whilst the 6.5 does the job admirably, it’s making a fair mess of them, 223 will do my fox and CWD 

• Like 2