OYSTERS

I only get to have them 2/3 times a year  unless we go to France  then i have them every day , i can do 3 Dozen with no effort but to some  of the Market traders at Brum put that lot away as a starter ! anyone else like em ??

IMG_20201217_154052.jpg

• Like 5

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scallops are a better fish to eat.  Gently fried in butter, non garlic for me, I want to taste the fish  Atb j 

I only get to have them 2/3 times a year  unless we go to France  then i have them every day , i can do 3 Dozen with no effort but to some  of the Market traders at Brum put that lot away as a starter

Spent a couple of winters Scalloping on my pals boat out of Rye harbour on the East Sussex coast.We would get a fresh uncut loaf from a bakery on the way every mornig and cook the scallops fresh as we

Posted Images

I worked on a oyster farm in southern Ireland what c**t of a job ? waist high in water shaking oyster bags in storms and all sorts.. Hands down one of the hardest jobs I ever done. If the wind blew the bag in the air the crill would cut the face off ya then the salt water would burn the cheeks off ya for the rest of the day ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, fenman1# said:

I worked on a oyster farm in southern Ireland what c**t of a job ? waist high in water shaking oyster bags in storms and all sorts.. Hands down one of the hardest jobs I ever done. If the wind blew the bag in the air the crill would cut the face off ya then the salt water would burn the cheeks off ya for the rest of the day ?

Cousin has a farm, it can be miserable work alright 

Atb j 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, jetro said:

Cousin has a farm, it can be miserable work alright 

Atb j 

Summer time is lovely apart from working both tides but winter time when you gotta load 4 tractors tralors then go to a freezing cold shed, wet, grading the c**ts to be loaded on a lorry and sent to ?? 

• Haha 1
24 minutes ago, fenman1# said:

Summer time is lovely apart from working both tides but winter time when you gotta load 4 tractors tralors then go to a freezing cold shed, wet, grading the c**ts to be loaded on a lorry and sent to ?? 

That's working on the seas terms and conditions,  great isn't it lol ???

Atb j 

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, fenman1# said:

Spent many years working on fish farms.  You should try bleeding 60 tonne of salmon, around 10kg, and them flapping and jumping. That's where you see cuts and bits of fingers going missing ???

Atb j 

• Haha 1
53 minutes ago, jetro said:

Spent many years working on fish farms.  You should try bleeding 60 tonne of salmon, around 10kg, and them flapping and jumping. That's where you see cuts and bits of fingers going missing ???

Done a few weeks on trawlar boat too never stayed there after first winter only job you go home in winter and say thank f**k I'm home ?

• Haha 1