Black slime in washer bottle..

The rear washer jet is quite weak it must be blocked with what looks like a black slime algae type sludge in the washer bottle.

I've never seen it before in an other car.anyone else getting it..

Just now, king said:

The rear washer jet is quite weak it must be blocked with what looks like a black slime algae type sludge in the washer bottle.

Yes seen it loads of times 

1 minute ago, Chid said:

Yes seen it loads of times 

What's the best thing to use to clean the pipes and jets and bottle mate..any strong stuff to pour in..jimny is 20yr old.and only on 52k miles.so been unused most of it's life..

6 minutes ago, king said:

piss in it ..

1 minute ago, king said:

What's the best thing to use to clean the pipes and jets and bottle mate..any strong stuff to pour in..jimny is 20yr old.and only on 52k miles.so been unused most of it's life..

Air line to blow it all back into bottle then just flush bottle out , never bothered to do more than that tbh 

14 minutes ago, Chid said:

Air line to blow it all back into bottle then just flush bottle out , never bothered to do more than that tbh 

That's 1 thing I haven't got is a compressor.

The wife just suggested a milton tablet she's got them for sterilising baby bottles etc..

2 minutes ago, king said:

That's 1 thing I haven't got is a compressor.

The wife just suggested a milton tablet she's got them for sterilising baby bottles etc..

Dunno if Milton will attack the paint , if you can get the pipe off just blow it back yourself 

• Like 1

remove the bottle and give it a good clean in hot water, remove the jet if you can and soak it in white vinegar overnight then visit a garage and ask one of the lads there to give the pipes a quick blast, when you put it all back together stop being tight and buy screenwash, use it at a 50/50 mix, the alcohol acts as a sterilising agent and also stops it freezing

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, neil82 said:

remove the bottle and give it a good clean in hot water, remove the jet if you can and soak it in white vinegar overnight then visit a garage and ask one of the lads there to give the pipes a quick blast, when you put it all back together stop being tight and buy screenwash, use it at a 50/50 mix, the alcohol acts as a sterilising agent and also stops it freezing

I will get it off and give it a good clean out.its easy enough to get off.i don't think I've filled the washer bottle since having it.but checked the rear 1 yesterday for the mot.and it's very weak..and get some screen wash for it 

1 hour ago, king said:

thats a hairdressers car if there ever was one

use vinegar

1 hour ago, Ted Newgent said:

thats a hairdressers car if there ever was one

use vinegar

A Jimny is every bit as capable off-road as Land rovers possibly a little bit more so.being very light they don't sink in the muck like heavier 4x4's.

I even managed to get through a 100ft wide forestry block in Wales with the red 1 I had.loads of back and fore but it managed it..

And it is definitely more reliable than a land rover.i find the jimny has a bit of character about it.similar to a mk1 mini.a good fun little toy.its my 3rd jimny I've owned.it gets me and the dog about the place ted..job done ?

5 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I tried a few motors, jeeps an pick ups over the years now an the wee jimmy takes a good motor to beat it it’s a a damn shame they so small, older ford ranger an Toyota pick ups are the daddies as far as I concerned unless you got land cruiser money, I on an Audi all road just now an it’s doing well, been proper wet an muddy last few weeks an it’s been grand, see how she is at end a winter tho ?

To right it is a shame they are a bit small mate 2 big runners on the back and she's full ? cracking engines in them aswell they take some serious abuse engine wise.

Is the all road the replacement for the car that washed away..I've allways liked the look of the allroad they are like a lifted estate.plenty of room in the boot I bet.probably fit a Jimny in the boot ? you got the 2.7 diesel