Pups

Just now, Greb147 said:

I know that but like I said I'm sure my uncle payed less than £500 for his bitch and that was only about a year ago. 

hey  there is allways someone who gets it cheaper  if i said 200 ton  someone would say i only paid 50 quid 

3 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I know that but like I said I'm sure my uncle payed less than £500 for his bitch and that was only about a year ago. 

The prices tripled and quadrupled over summer mate. :thumbs:

This isn't the usual age old moan about paying for dogs, this is a vey recent explosion in demand and therefore price of dogs. Absolutely went through the roof with the pandemic. Expect a price crash next summer.

Edited by Born Hunter
1 minute ago, Born Hunter said:

She's nice mate. I'm not a massive fan of springers but I do like a black and white.

She's only a small thing, his old liver & white dog is a tank of a spaniel. 

He broke the bitch pups leg in an accident and the first vet he saw advised an amputation, thankfully he didn't listen to the idiot and she came through. 

Her leg will never be 100% but that won't stop her working. 

Why aren't you a fan of Springers pal? 

5 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

She's only a small thing, his old liver & white dog is a tank of a spaniel. 

He broke the bitch pups leg in an accident and the first vet he saw advised an amputation, thankfully he didn't listen to the idiot and she came through. 

Her leg will never be 100% but that won't stop her working. 

Why aren't you a fan of Springers pal? 

Don't like the look of many of them, they're all legs and nose, I like more solid well boned looking dogs. And a few I've seen are really hard natured, I like a dog a bit softer. There's the odd one that really stands out though and I'd have in a heartbeat.

Nothing really about there working ability, just personal preference. In fact there's probably more shit cockers than shit springers.

1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

Well I've put the word about had some offers of planned breedings from decent bitches but not really what I was after, then yesterday a mate phoned to tell me he had exactly what I was after and the bitch should be dropping them over xmas. So I'm much happier now.

Wished I could find some one like that good luck BH not that you’ll need it 

atb 

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, David.evans said:

Wished I could find some one like that good luck BH not that you’ll need it 

atb 

I intend to get a bitch this time so I never have to f**k around like this again. I don't want any bitches in kennels but I'll give one a go to save all this in the future hopefully.

• Like 1

At moment your dammed if you do and dammed if you don’t .Mate of mine just had litter of cockers .He had them put at 800 but working homes  only.

Lad came all the way from Lincoln and asked why the price was so low .He wanted two but left with one .It can’t go on though ,I’d say .Lot of stealing dogs going on at moment to fund the demand .Chips being cut out .Might of seen it on the web but keeper I know had his springer bitch stolen ,cops found it but wouldn’t give it back without the chip ffs .He’s fighting it with dna from the dam .

The best dog I’ve ever had , a yellow lab that a family bought as a pet was gifted after it eat the furniture , and I mean eat a lot of furniture , chewed the legs on chairs , the legs on a £2000 dinning table , the corner of a sofa etc etc ..purely down to boredom .From the day I got that dog it never chewed anything it wasn’t supposed  to and was the smartest dog I’ve ever been lucky enough to own ..at 17months I was worried she was to old to start training , I bet there will be a few people that have taken on dogs that they have no idea about looking after and what a responsibility and commitment they are ..

My pal got gifted a 9month old wire haired vizla that the couple bought for top money , professional people that just never realised how much time and energy a working breed takes to look after  ..for clever well educated people they made some fairly stupid decisions ..At 18 months she is turning into a cracking stalking companion ..

• Like 1
On 17/12/2020 at 19:45, sussex said:

The best dog I’ve ever had , a yellow lab that a family bought as a pet was gifted after it eat the furniture , and I mean eat a lot of furniture , chewed the legs on chairs , the legs on a £2000 dinning table , the corner of a sofa etc etc ..purely down to boredom .From the day I got that dog it never chewed anything it wasn’t supposed  to and was the smartest dog I’ve ever been lucky enough to own ..at 17months I was worried she was to old to start training , I bet there will be a few people that have taken on dogs that they have no idea about looking after and what a responsibility and commitment they are ..

My pal got gifted a 9month old wire haired vizla that the couple bought for top money , professional people that just never realised how much time and energy a working breed takes to look after  ..for clever well educated people they made some fairly stupid decisions ..At 18 months she is turning into a cracking stalking companion ..

Best dog I ever had I rescued from a yard, 2yr year old, lived on a chain in its own mess and was all skin and bone, half bald with skin conditions all over it.

took 8 months to sort her out but she was the best dog I ever saw, I was picking up on a shoot and one of the guns offered me a blank cheque for her, he was a multi millionaire, and I told him he didn’t have enough money to buy her.

• Like 3