On a lighter note.

That's a very one sided post, Sandy.

Its a well known fact that the Spanish have some extremely cruel customs involving animals:

Throwing goats from church towers in "religious ceremonies",

Overloading donkeys with people until they collapse,

Setting fire to bulls horns and releasing them to run amok.

None of which would be allowed in most western countries.

Yes, most coursing dog men in Spain look after their hounds, but it can't be disputed that some , after their careers, or they didn't make the grade, are dumped, drowned or even hung from trees.

Of course not everyone here is perfect, and I don't want to condemn another countries customs, but the FB post you have put up simply doesn't tell the full story.

Cheers.

• Like 3

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

South American coursing, they run a Galgo X Greyhound hybrid on the introduced European hare.     

No borders to passion.   Few people understand this passion. I do not get excited with technology, nor with jewelry or cars, I just get excited watching my galgos run after a hare on the pla

Y dint it just fly off stupid thing

Posted Images

3 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Its a well known fact that the Spanish have some extremely cruel customs involving animals:

Yes, most coursing dog men in Spain look after their hounds, but it can't be disputed that some , after their careers, or they didn't make the grade, are dumped, drowned or even hung from trees.

Of course not everyone here is perfect, and I don't want to condemn another countries customs, but the FB post you have put up simply doesn't tell the full story.

Cheers.

Based on what? The chaps been there and seen for himself. We get fed an anti propaganda view, he goes and  looks.

Edited by sandymere
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

sandy not telling the full story never ? ? 

• Haha 2
On 14/12/2022 at 16:54, sandymere said:

Based on what? The chaps been there and seen for himself. We get fed an anti propaganda view, he goes and  looks.

Thank you for sharing my post Sandy. I think historically the Spanish have had issues but there was also a time we pushed women into the sea to find out if they were witches. Cultures advance. 
I have been out there three times and I’m them times met countless galgueros, podenqueros and rehaleros and seen nothing that I haven’t seen elsewhere in the world. As a matter of fact the worst things I have seen in dog work, were not in Spain.

In them three trips I have met well over 100 rehaleros, all loved and were proud of the dogs they had and able to discuss the lineage etc. there’s evidently certain bloods that are more desirable than others in the same way that salukis and patterdales are discussed. I have seen over 1000 dogs and 99% of them are strong, fit animals. Now and again you do cross one or two that are below weight but the rest of the pack are healthy so not a reflection of how they are fed or treated.

a typical monteria day can have up to 30 packs of dogs, each pack could contain 30 dogs. The people I have hunted with have not been cherry picked and the vast vast majority of them don’t know I am coming until I am there, so I am not being shown their better examples so to speak. 

as you have said, instead of buying stories fed to us by Spanish antis I got off my bum and went to see for myself, and I saw. Their reputation is unwarranted based on historical stereotypes and it is a shame that fellow hunters in the uk will vehemently deny the lies of uk antis, but willingly buy them from Spanish antis. Thus making them themselves, an anti. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Parabuteos lad said:

Thank you for sharing my post Sandy. I think historically the Spanish have had issues but there was also a time we pushed women into the sea to find out if they were witches. Cultures advance. 
I have been out there three times and I’m them times met countless galgueros, podenqueros and rehaleros and seen nothing that I haven’t seen elsewhere in the world. As a matter of fact the worst things I have seen in dog work, were not in Spain.

In them three trips I have met well over 100 rehaleros, all loved and were proud of the dogs they had and able to discuss the lineage etc. there’s evidently certain bloods that are more desirable than others in the same way that salukis and patterdales are discussed. I have seen over 1000 dogs and 99% of them are strong, fit animals. Now and again you do cross one or two that are below weight but the rest of the pack are healthy so not a reflection of how they are fed or treated.

a typical monteria day can have up to 30 packs of dogs, each pack could contain 30 dogs. The people I have hunted with have not been cherry picked and the vast vast majority of them don’t know I am coming until I am there, so I am not being shown their better examples so to speak. 

as you have said, instead of buying stories fed to us by Spanish antis I got off my bum and went to see for myself, and I saw. Their reputation is unwarranted based on historical stereotypes and it is a shame that fellow hunters in the uk will vehemently deny the lies of uk antis, but willingly buy them from Spanish antis. Thus making them themselves, an anti. 

Fair play ,did u have a kip in the daytime