Essential pest control

I know that it might cause some disagreement and I  don't give a monkeys but I always querry thes crow shooting tallies. The murderous carrion crow is a solitary bird. They don't flock like rooks and Jackdaws.  These may be black birds but many of these crow shoots are rooks and jackdaws.  Rooks are a pain because once they get into a standing crop of wheat they trample a lot. It's a question of identification of specifies.  If you go to Scotland goose shooting and shoot the wrong species you could be prosecuted, fined  and have your ticket pulled.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
7 minutes ago, Meece said:

These may be black birds but many of these crow shoots are rooks and jackdaws

Zoom in; everyone i can positively ID is a crow. None have the distinctive beak of a rook & all look bigger & more uniform colour & stronger beak than jackdaw. 

Don't just believe what it says on rspb website, we've all seen groups of crows come on ffs 

• Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, Meece said:

I know that it might cause some disagreement and I  don't give a monkeys but I always querry thes crow shooting tallies. The murderous carrion crow is a solitary bird. They don't flock like rooks and Jackdaws.  These may be black birds but many of these crow shoots are rooks and jackdaws.  Rooks are a pain because once they get into a standing crop of wheat they trample a lot. It's a question of identification of specifies.  If you go to Scotland goose shooting and shoot the wrong species you could be prosecuted, fined  and have your ticket pulled.

I disagree. 

The crow most certainly  is not a solitary bird. They do come to decoys and do roost in groups.

Yes there are some solitary individuals but that's because  they don't have any friends and yes they do not nest in a colony but when ever they want they will congregate to feed together or generally just be nasty to what ever they fancy.

• Like 3

MECCE

we have all had this befor , if you thing that I don’t know the difference between the species your very much wrong , and no I don’t wear glasses when I shoot so blow the photo up and have a good look , or just fec off to spec savers 

your boring 

ben 

22 decoys and a ff5 flapper all out between 20 / 40 yards 

atb 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Like I  said I don't give a monkey's if people don't like it that I don't follow the crowd. The times that I've seen bloke say that they've  shot X  crows and when you go through the lump you find a couple of CROWS , about # rooks and # Jackdaws.  I didn't say that you don't get a gang of CROWS now and again such as when they spread shit over the fields but generally you do not go out a shoot a rake of them. And that's the way it is.

In future I propose that we refer to “crows” as “ black stuff “ that way we can avoid upsetting the members of this forum who require the correct identification and terminology for each species. 
        I hope this doesn’t offend any BAME members of this forum . If it does, then maybe we could call them “ coloured stuff “ instead. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4