Well I eventually got the ok to have a look out on a new permission for some rabbits as the farmer now has his stock indoors. I invited my mate to come with his thermal and nv but said he was busy ?‍♂️ so on my own I went , his loss. How come people are desperate to go shooting and then when you invite them they say NO.... On arrival it was freezing and a slight breeze with a lot of rabbits about . These rabbits haven't seen a lamp so sat lovely but the ground was the wettest I think I have ever walked over , absolutely sodden. I squelched about making loads of noise so was picking rabbits off at around 50 to 70 yds. The ground is only about 50 acres but surrounded by grouse moors so plenty bunnies ? I ended up on 58 . On the way home over the moors the temperature dropped to -1c at one point. Rabbit with no ears ......

20201119_224220.jpg

20201119_224559.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Well I eventually got the ok to have a look out on a new permission for some rabbits as the farmer now has his stock indoors. I invited my mate to come with his thermal and nv but said he was busy ?‍♂️ so on my own I went , his loss. How come people are desperate to go shooting and then when you invite them they say NO.... On arrival it was freezing and a slight breeze with a lot of rabbits about . These rabbits haven't seen a lamp so sat lovely but the ground was the wettest I think I have ever walked over , absolutely sodden. I squelched about making loads of noise so was picking rabbits off at around 50 to 70 yds. The ground is only about 50 acres but surrounded by grouse moors so plenty bunnies ? I ended up on 58 . On the way home over the moors the temperature dropped to -1c at one point. Rabbit with no ears ......

20201119_224220.jpg

20201119_224559.jpg

How the feck you carry all them ?

Made it a worthwhile evening, nice one ?

• Haha 1
47 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Funny thing is I just spoke to my mate who was busy , turns out 3 of them went to this amazing piece of ground and shot 12 rabbits ???? so I had great pleasure in telling him should have come with me ??

Yerr, good shooting Mark. Good bag you got there fella, Ruger .22 ?

8 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

Yerr, good shooting Mark. Good bag you got there fella, Ruger .22 ?

Yes mate Ruger 77/22    .22lr.  Even though it's a silenced .22 it sounded loud last night , think its because there was no wind and right out in the sticks. Couldn't use HMR there as it would wake the whole valley up ??

20201120_141019.jpg

Edited by FOXHUNTER
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Yes mate Ruger 77/22    .22lr.  Even though it's a silenced .22 it sounded loud last night , think its because there was no wind and right out in the sticks. Couldn't use HMR there as it would wake the whole valley up ??

It serves you well Mark, if you’re using Winchester subs, the last ones I had were noticeably louder. I think they were barely subsonic. I’ve been using eley’ s recently, seem a fair bit quieter.??

Just now, Dervburner said:

It serves you well Mark, if you’re using Winchester subs, the last ones I had were noticeably louder. I think they were barely subsonic. I’ve been using eley’ s recently, seem a fair bit quieter.??

Yep Winchester subs , they do seem louder , some sounding like high velocity. Once these are used think might try Eley next ?

• Like 2