Disgusted!

What a great laugh guys ?

Now if I may....alls looking good with the rifle.

I tested it yesterday and its impressive to say the least. Just  need a fox to blood it proper. It seems to like the 20gn ammo and it seems to be settling down barrel wise.

Today though I took the 22 out this afternoon....its the first time I have two identical  rifles in different calibres that fit me and shoot sweetly off hand.

20201108_154642.jpg.99ea7e89ef312c58c8d84dae6ba97584.jpg

Ended the damp afternoon with 12.

Now please, keep babbling nonsense and especially  show and tell us more about that island Gav.

What's yer favourite whiskey for a start?

Edited by Sausagedog
  • Like 7

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a great laugh guys ? Now if I may....alls looking good with the rifle. I tested it yesterday and its impressive to say the least. Just  need a fox to blood it proper. It seems to like t

I was actually being funny when I said ".308 is a bit overkill" ? I only have .22lr, .17HMR and the .308 win, Each serves its purpose, the .22 just bounce off, the .17 ya need to shoot em up the

As you all know I am very impressed with my cz457 22. So much so I got one in 17hmr just last night. As it was dark I was unable to bore sight it last night but I was very conscious about  the barrel

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

What a great laugh guys ?

Now if I may....alls looking good with the rifle.

I tested it yesterday and its impressive to say the least. Just  need a fox to blood it proper. It seems to like the 20gn ammo and it seems to be settling down barrel wise.

Today though I took the 22 out this afternoon....its the first time I have two identical  rifles in different calibres that fit me and shoot sweetly off hand.

20201108_154642.jpg.99ea7e89ef312c58c8d84dae6ba97584.jpg

Ended the damp afternoon with 12.

Now please, keep babbling nonsense and especially  show and tell us more about that island Gav.

What's yer favourite whiskey for a start?

Pfffft keep up pal, no ones interested, its just me, myself and I, oh and not forgetting my wifes husband ?

Me and whisky don't agree, end up fighting myslef in the mirror with that carry on ?

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
13 minutes ago, Gav said:

Pfffft keep up pal, no ones interested, its just me, myself and I, oh and not forgetting my wifes husband ?

Me and whisky don't agree, end up fighting myslef in the mirror with that carry on ?

Yes but what was/is your favourite?

15 hours ago, Gav said:

I was actually being funny when I said ".308 is a bit overkill" ?

I only have .22lr, .17HMR and the .308 win, Each serves its purpose, the .22 just bounce off, the .17 ya need to shoot em up the arse, or against feather growth, I really just can't be arsed with geese, and theres a few hoops to jump to get on the scheme for the cull here too, honestly I have taken them before and just rip the breasts off, I have tryed seasoning them with alsorts and with good quality pork fat, and everyone that I try to get to taste them pull faces like I have force fed them a dog turd. I mean if I was hungry enough I would, but I can eat/fill the freezers with better stuff, so short of it is I just can't be arsed with em ? 

When I do get chance to get out I'm after bigger better stuff!

Never shot geese but I'm surprised they're turning .22 and hmr, although pigeon can turn a 12g on the roost. On the South African Air Gun channel on Yotuube he regularly takes them with an 80ft lb air rifle and .22 slug. He also uses a .22-250 although that takes away the point of reducing claibre really.

By shear co-incidence he put a goose shooting video up yesterday. He was head shooting though so maybe that's the difference. Maybe time for a PCP Gav: ?

However, equally I'm sure he'd done video in the past of canada on crops and body shot, but I could be mistaken.

• Like 1