Borderline personality disorder.

Anyone ever been diagnosed with this.

I struggled for years with mental health and drink but after being sighed of work recently due to a bit of a brake down this is were they say I am..also very narsitic. 

Anyone live with this and can form normal relationships and frendenships. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

f***ing hell, bet that’s cheered him up no end 

Just go’s to show, you never know what people are going through. You always come across such a chirpy, positive, good lad that I would never have guessed you were struggling mate. I reckon t

Mate, if you are suffering any kind of mental issue especially depression then just don’t go near booze, period !  Those two things definitely don’t go together.

Sound mate..I new there was something more than just depressing states of mind as I never felt that.

This is the first doctor in 30 who I have a greed with all he said.

Back at hospital Thursday for a 4 day assessment. 

Luckily work understands as being of I'll dont pay my rent

BPD ,is a pretty broad spectrum ,you will probably benefit from some cognitive therapy plus  medication ,push your GP on it ,,,it's one of the things they tend to throw medication at and forget  about it ,..drink is definitely a no no .

Edited by Astanley

They have told me they dont use medication for it now mate...more a therapy thing.

Am just glad a doctor seen it for more than the drink tbh.

Be f****d if I go through my 40s like I did my 20s and 30s..

7 minutes ago, tb25 said:

Am just glad a doctor seen it for more than the drink tbh.

Be f****d if I go through my 40s like I did my 20s and 30s..

I've 'known' a lass for the last ten years that I'd swear is Borderline and extremely narcissistic. I say known, because she's incapable of holding any sort of relationship down long term without wrecking it. IMO drink is a massive problem for her and should be the first thing she stopped if she was ever serious about getting right. But it's a vicious circle and just telling someone to 'be strong' mentally is like putting someone under and barbel with five plates a side and saying the same while it breaks their back.

Anyway it sounds like you might be heading in the right direction.

• Like 1

Asking/Getting help is the first step, drink, cocaine etc will not do you any favours, especially if your on anti depressants, got a mate in the same boat... f***ing heartbreaking to see him some days. He found it helpful to just be able to let it out and talk to someone. I sincerely hope you come through it mate and things pick up for you. I'm here if you ever need a chat?

Its frustrating that I carnt just stap out of it..

Makes you feel weak in its self..

I generally gonna put 100 percent in to this shit..am sick of just carrying on and gaining  nothing.

Cheers

3 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

All The Best going forward TB25 but as has been said try keep off the drink or any substances and take each day at a time whilst getting professional help .

My drinking is literally nothing now...

Witch is f****d up in itself as am a big drinker..

Cheers max

28 minutes ago, tb25 said:

Its frustrating that I carnt just stap out of it..

Makes you feel weak in its self..

I generally gonna put 100 percent in to this shit..am sick of just carrying on and gaining  nothing.

Cheers

My best mate has said the same things.. It will take time but things will look up, that I garentee you?my mate has just taken on his grand daughter full time as her mum didn't want her, having that to focus on is helping him... He worked in the family bisness for yrs.. Got a different job now, that seems to of made a difference ?I used to work long hrs shopfitting... Used to get me down tbf, not eating, sleeping tidy soon catches up with you...the thought of getting home to my family is what kept me going.