What If Rabbits Could Kill You?

2 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I’m planning on being 

in planning on being back down to Lincolnshire in 3-4 years to live on my career path so who knows ? 

I’m planning on getting something soon to duck around with but not in the manner I’ve had before. 

i think personally I’d be more of a couple bushers and a small runner type rather than two liabilities at the end of a leash from now on though. 

Plenty of fun to be had with a couple of bushers and a small runner though.maybe a couple more inches on the small runner wouldn't harm surely.

• Haha 1

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wouldn't pull the trigger on a bear or lion or any big cat.to be honest.unless my life depended on it.

The mighty rat scarer ! Lol 

I will tell you something now. A perfectionist will never find perfection ......

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Still lots a pleasure to be had just messing around with dogs, they don’t ask have to be world beaters haha I think that’s a bit stupid, unless your the very top of your game at everything you do haha but to say lads out catching rabbits or lamping a couple times a week are wasting time Cos the dogs will never be pushed to breaking point is nuts, who actually cares about your dogs other than you? I been there an had dogs bred from the very best am no cnut that knows anything could deny it, but I get as much pleasure watching me halfx kelpie work as I did that dog, I’d rather be out side an if a dog gives me the excuse to get out more an a bit a pleasure an free meat then I’m all in haha ?

I think you misunderstand mate as is easy to do in the written word.

Im not slagging lads who just enjoy their dog, that’s what it’s all about.

Im sure Stiff isn’t either, in fact I know he isn’t.

But what you have to understand is that personally I would always know and I wouldn’t feel happy not being able to do what I personally want to do.

Thats no reflection or slight of anyone else, it’s just a personal thing.

It gets sickening after a while putting articles in the ground.....it’s f***ing horrible in fact.

20 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I’m planning on being 

in planning on being back down to Lincolnshire in 3-4 years to live on my career path so who knows ? 

I’m planning on getting something soon to duck around with but not in the manner I’ve had before. 

i think personally I’d be more of a couple bushers and a small runner type rather than two liabilities at the end of a leash from now on though. 

Don’t tell lies, you’d want the absolute liability and the killer is, you always compare, you can’t help yourself......you know that as well as I do brother 

Just now, W. Katchum said:

Do you have any dogs at home? Are they top notch, I mean no malice or offence to anybody I jist think it’s a bit mad, stiff talking about a bushing dog or 2!/‘ chances are if they do a bit he will be happy with that bit then try an hold a lurcher to a diff standard, enjoy the mutts for what they are, if they shite or bite a kid then pts but other than enjoy them ?

I have never owned anything I consider top notch and I no longer own any dogs other than a pet for my boy and a farm collie mate.

My mistake was seeing a couple of really good dogs in their glory and knowing what that looks like, after that everything was shit. 
I was never one to make excuses for my dogs, even my last proper dog was my mate and I really liked the dog but he wasn’t good enough in lots of ways 

I brought him here and the poor b*****d had nothing to go at and it was driving him mad so he now has a nice spot up the back.

As I said, I couldn’t own anything I’d want to own now.

• Like 1

I think the type I like is best summed up by the term “coursing bulls” not just a fox dog over a fen dog but a rough hard thing that’s had the hammer and more importantly can stick it . 

maybe it’s not just the lack Of that type around that’s spewed me , maybe it’s that that type of hunting is f****d ??

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, WILF said:

I think you misunderstand mate as is easy to do in the written word.

Im not slagging lads who just enjoy their dog, that’s what it’s all about.

Im sure Stiff isn’t either, in fact I know he isn’t.

But what you have to understand is that personally I would always know and I wouldn’t feel happy not being able to do what I personally want to do.

Thats no reflection or slight of anyone else, it’s just a personal thing.

It gets sickening after a while putting articles in the ground.....it’s f***ing horrible in fact.

The games fecked to be honest as a younger man i worked a dog  hard and culled hard a dog was either a keeper or sleeper wether that was lurcher or terrier and looking back I know I got it wrong on some I chased the holy grail it doesn't exist I needed to work a dog to its strengths I think looking back I failed a dog more than it failed me 

• Like 7
Just now, Blackmag said:

The games fecked to be honest as a younger man i worked a dog  hard and culled hard a dog was either a keeper or sleeper wether that was lurcher or terrier and looking back I know I got it wrong on some I chased the holy grail it doesn't exist I needed to work a dog to its strengths I think looking back I failed a dog more than it failed me 

Yep, I hear you mate, I have done plenty of failing the dog myself.

Thats a very sensible, honest reply mate and imho there are not enough lads with that type of honesty left in the dog job and that’s why there is so much sub standard breeding going on.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Bit is your collie the best around? Best you saw?or even best there ever was? But your happy with that ain’t you? Like I said unless you hold yourself an everything a round to you the same standard then why the lurcher? So you wouldn’t play football unless it was for Milan or Barca, or wouldn’t take your wife for a meal unless it was a migcheling star gaff? Like I said I ain’t having a dig an iv been there searched for the holy grail, found dogs that not many could equal, but like you said what’s point unless your trying to further your owl line or make dogs better not many have that time but most have to the time to enjoy a half decent collie or lurcher if they want ??

Mate, the collie means absolutely nothing to me, I literally couldn’t give a f**k if it lived or died.

It wandered up the drive a few years back and the kids seem to like it.....that’s it.

I don’t think your comparison to football or restaurants is very sensible in this context with the greatest respect.

Breeding an animal is about producing the best example you can, that’s is and should be what everyone with an interest in dog genetics and ability should be aiming for.....it’s all about the blood on a working animal.

Anything else isn’t a working dog, it’s a pet with benefits.

Too many people are breeding from pets with benefits.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

But why not hold yourself an everything a round you to same standards tho? 

Because I don’t have the ability to breed myself into a professional footballer, chef, fighter pilot or anything else......however I do have that option with animals.

1 minute ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Nothing wrong in having a pet you can do a bit with. 

Nope and that’s a fact, but let’s call it what it is and not be offended when people call it what it isn’t if that makes sense mate ?

4 minutes ago, WILF said:

Yep, I hear you mate, I have done plenty of failing the dog myself.

Thats a very sensible, honest reply mate and imho there are not enough lads with that type of honesty left in the dog job and that’s why there is so much sub standard breeding going on.

I agree wilf my old man dug with the likes of buck beary ac and oaks ect he was ruthless it either worked or was culled infact he culled my first lurcher he replaced it a week after I was only ten in his eyes it was either a keeper or sleeper and there's was no turning back after he gave them a few chances he use to think of reasons why not to breed and if he did it was always what could a stud bring that the bitch was lacking proper old school 

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I agree wilf my old man dug with the likes of buck beary ac and oaks ect he was ruthless it either worked or was culled infact he culled my first lurcher he replaced it a week after I was only ten in his eyes it was either a keeper or sleeper and there's was no turning back after he gave them a few chances he use to think of reasons why not to breed and if he did it was always what could a stud bring that the bitch was lacking proper old school 

People have lived off the decisions them old boys Like your dad took for years, it’s the blokes like him who produce dogs really worth having if you want a proper working dog worthy of the name. ?

• Like 1