8 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Here's ya standard off the shelf big conventional bomb. I say conventional, it's a bit more clever than just a heap of TNT or whatever, it's a thermobaric bomb a believe. Anyway, clear mushroom cloud.

Isn't that a comparable to an atomic bomb that mate? Puts Nagasaki and Hiroshima to pale 

Edited; read "thermobaric" lol

Edited by mushroom

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have to say, was just watching it on the news and it has made me quiet emotional......I’m sat here with tears in my eyes thinking “Why......why.........why couldn’t it have been Bradford !” 

Watching it again, there's clearly a sustained fire when the explosion happens. Very unlikely nuclear. They're precision engineered bits of kit, ya can't just lob a load of glowy shit together and mak

I remember my mate coughing mid bong just before he released the blast hole.  The red cherry shot out of the 2 hit cone and hit the ceiling. Now to a few chonged up bong heads that looked li

Posted Images

I remember my mate coughing mid bong just before he released the blast hole. 

The red cherry shot out of the 2 hit cone and hit the ceiling.

Now to a few chonged up bong heads that looked like a very similar explosion at the time..

So i recon it's a bong related incident. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
7 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Isn't that a thermonuclear bomb that mate? Puts Nagasaki and Hiroshima to pale 

No mate, having just quickly checked I don't think it's even thermobaric. The yanks designed it as part of their 'shock & awe' war doctrine. It's just a shit load of explosives in a big can dropped out the back of a C-130 because it's too big for a bomber to carry! LOL

It's yield is 11 tons TNT equivalent. Little Boy was 15 kilotons!

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

No mate, having just quickly checked I don't think it's even thermobaric. The yanks designed it as part of their 'shock & awe' war doctrine.

It's yield is 11 tons TNT equivalent. Little Boy was 15 kilotons!

I edited lol

Aye got it got mixed up with thermobaric and thermonuclear. Them percussion wave bombs that give the heat are very powerful, devastating. Maybe that's what they were having a go at ?‍♂️ that blast doesn't look normal to me. As I said, I am far from someone who knows ;)

Edited by mushroom

Say hello to the father of all bombs, obviously it's hard to guage how powerful that is because of the distance but this blast today must be the grandfather of all bombs. ?

Edited by Greb147

Just been having a read on big explosions as you do, there was one in London called the Silverton explosion which from the description of how far it shot debris and how far the sound travelled looks to be similar size, also in a docks strangely. Silvertown was 50 tonnes tnt

There's a world war two ship sunk in the Thames estuary called the SS Richard Montgomery. It's all restricted because it was carrying 1400 tons of explosives! 

I read somewhere that the Gov' have considered it a potential terrorism target. Reckon it'd wipe out half of Essex! Haha

• Like 1