Found the right IR for the digex

15 minutes ago, ianm said:

I watched a video of that knob sack Ripley using one of the Digex's last night. No doubt paid for doing so by Snot country.

I know that very often what is recorded is not a true reflection of what you actually see through a digital scope. However Ripley managed to make the Digex look truly horrendous. Why anyone would want him to endorse their products i will never know. Watch him in his videos of fox shooting at night he always manages to wound at least one fox and last nights effort was no different. 

Thought exactly the same thing when I watched it, ive seen a fair few lads vids and they’ve all been w@nk!

it looks like it’s not held zero cos that last fox gets it centre body second shot just so he can hit it. 

hopefully Daves got it sussed with his ir and the pictures not as crap as it comes across in all the other stuff I’ve seen 

The best ir up to now is 

NM 800 , 840 with rotor tail switch , ive seen RIPS video and it’s nothing like what I see tho the scope , I have a 940 pill on its way to me and I’ll be trying that in the NM the weekend 

LL are out of stock for the wraith , so I have to wait and see 

but if I’m totally honest with you lads it’s not as good as my N870lrf with a Sony doubler 1.7 lens on the end , but hey ho you only live once ??

but I have read on other fourm that the 940nm is the way to go by a lad that tested a good few Different IRs

time will tell 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, ianm said:

I watched a video of that knob sack Ripley using one of the Digex's last night. No doubt paid for doing so by Snot country.

I know that very often what is recorded is not a true reflection of what you actually see through a digital scope. However Ripley managed to make the Digex look truly horrendous. Why anyone would want him to endorse their products i will never know. Watch him in his videos of fox shooting at night he always manages to wound at least one fox and last nights effort was no different. 

I watched that last night and if I was letting him review my gear I wouldn’t be happy with that, I’ve used the digex and on a night with a PB laser ir on it, the image quality was superb, there was only 2 things that put me off, 1 was the price ( I’m northern) and the other was the daytime use, it was affected by sunlight quite badly,  I’m not sure if you can do anything about that, on the up side they look better than any other night vision and they are simple enough for the likes of me to use, if I was only going to use it on a night I’d have one ?

on another note the bloke from the optics place has rang me and said the sightmark wraith is there for me when I want it, just need to psych myself up to part with £600

If you put pbir in google it takes you to a basic page that tells you to contact him on Facebook or email him, that’s what I did because I don’t use Facebook and he makes them to order, mine took about 3 weeks to turn up and I think it was £120, I put it on my nv spotter and it doubles the distance you can pick eye shine up, they are 3 mode and the beam is adjustable and it uses the same batteries as the nightmaster torches 

his email is Paulbarker6555@gmail.com

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, David.evans said:

The best ir up to now is 

NM 800 , 840 with rotor tail switch , ive seen RIPS video and it’s nothing like what I see tho the scope , I have a 940 pill on its way to me and I’ll be trying that in the NM the weekend 

but if I’m totally honest with you lads it’s not as good as my N870lrf with a Sony doubler 1.7 lens on the end , but hey ho you only live once ??

but I have read on other fourm that the 940nm is the way to go by a lad that tested a good few Different IRs

time will tell 

What ir did you have on the n870 lrf as my mate has one and it’s shit can only see out to 80yards it’s all grainy any further out,w

On 04/08/2020 at 19:09, David.evans said:

The best ir up to now is 

time will tell 

Best IR by far is the dragonfly .Ive tried them all mate and stick with the dragon fly .NM only good for airgun imo .

• Like 1

The digex is a stayer 

the IR for this scope is with out a doubt is a B501 from Clive ward with a 840 black sun ruby pil 3 mode 

400 / 450 yards and a Cristal clear reticule , shooting on 6mag 

it’s a pleasure to shoot it 

atb 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, David.evans said:

The digex is a stayer 

the IR for this scope is with out a doubt is a B501 from Clive ward with a 840 black sun ruby pil 3 mode 

400 / 450 yards and a Cristal clear reticule , shooting on 6mag 

it’s a pleasure to shoot it 

atb 

Glad you got a great set up sorted there. I think most of the nv units are clear now upto good distances. Clarity seems to change when mag is increased and screen becomes pixelated more

• Like 1