vauxhall corsa van

Any one had any experience of these little vans ? Going to look at a vauxhall corsa 1.3 cdti ecoflex tonight 2011. Much as I would like a lump of a l200 pick up to trundle around in I got to think of mpg and tax 

58 minutes ago, terryd said:

Any one had any experience of these little vans ? Going to look at a vauxhall corsa 1.3 cdti ecoflex tonight 2011. Much as I would like a lump of a l200 pick up to trundle around in I got to think of mpg and tax 

Yes traded it in for l200 trojan  was to small.

I had a corsa van. Did me well for a few year. Worked in England an Wales for years drove back to scotland every few week. plus was always on move for work. withstood a hammering when I bombed up road from stoke-on-trent, when misses phoned to say she was in labour 

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Old ones ran an iszuzu engine 1.7 tdi. Bombproof.. Got the 1.3 ecoflex for work and the larger combos.. Crook of shite.. I'd buy the astra van if I had to spend my own money?

Ya me too had a1.7tdi astra van for last 7 years only had new clutch in all that time . chopped it in for 13 plate 6 month back same model ,top van 

4 hours ago, terryd said:

I have the same van 1.3 eco 2011 had it for 5 years just starting to give me a few problems now,would I buy another no bit small in back and road tax is €260 but excellant on diesal 60/70 per gallon.

9 minutes ago, collieman said:

I have the same van 1.3 eco 2011 had it for 5 years just starting to give me a few problems now,would I buy another no bit small in back and road tax is €260 but excellant on diesal 60/70 per gallon.

thought the tax was 30 quid :(

54 minutes ago, terryd said:

Would you not be better off with something like a skoda scout or something similar? Would be cheaper to tax, 4x4 and not get you tugged or broken into?

7 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Would you not be better off with something like a skoda scout or something similar? Would be cheaper to tax, 4x4 and not get you tugged or broken into?

Yea you might be right. Would be handy to have some thing the wife can use though she has her own little run around. Only got couple grand budget. Will have a nose around 

2 hours ago, terryd said:

That’s petrol mate my boy has a little diesel van a Citroen Nino I think still costs the same as the 2.4 transit to tax, I got an Honda jazz with the back seats down all the time fits more stuff than the little van, does 50mpg and costs £120 a year to tax it gets an oil change once a year and has new tyres and brakes in the last millennium and you can hammer it all day ??

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well thanks for all advice folks I ignored you all and went and bought it lol.
I nearly got an astra but the insurance was nearly double for some reason. Any way it drives a treat I really like it. The starter will need doing at some point gives the odd click even with a new battery in. But other than that good. Looks like ex railway service going by the writing under the spray job. Oh and some one spilt a load of diesel in the back and left it and I just cant shift the smell.  The dog got out the other day and walked straight by a squirrel ?

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, terryd said:

Well thanks for all advice folks I ignored you all and went and bought it lol.
I nearly got an astra but the insurance was nearly double for some reason. Any way it drives a treat I really like it. The starter will need doing at some point gives the odd click even with a new battery in. But other than that good. Looks like ex railway service going by the writing under the spray job. Oh and some one spilt a load of diesel in the back and left it and I just cant shift the smell.  The dog got out the other day and walked straight by a squirrel ?

Take the starter out clean and grease the bendix (the little spinny cog on the end ) and put it back in should last a few more years and make sure the big red wire is tight  ?

Edited by Greyman
On 30/07/2020 at 13:23, terryd said:

Yea you might be right. Would be handy to have some thing the wife can use though she has her own little run around. Only got couple grand budget. Will have a nose around 

Quite rapid them as well if you get the DSG box.