15 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

I couldn't walk around stinking of piss like someone from a care home ?? dont mind being a bit muddy but my clothes are washed all the time and doesn't make any difference I find....

I use them flushable wet wipes now so I don't get to muddy.........what?

• Haha 1

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After receiving a message from longshanx earlier today asking if I wanted a trap to the  stables with him as the lad there had contacted him saying he had a problem fox, I thought it would be rude not

Rattled plenty with my 308. Use to load 110g hornady v max on h4895 and get 3160 from the 20" barrel.

My Mrs is a cleaning nut . I reckon if I sat still long enough, I’d get shoved in the washing machine.       I’ve got coats that I avoid washing but it’s nothing to do with scent , it’s just I fi

Posted Images

My Mrs is a cleaning nut . I reckon if I sat still long enough, I’d get shoved in the washing machine.

I’ve got coats that I avoid washing but it’s nothing to do with scent , it’s just I find the more you wash a new coat it loses it’s waterproof qualities. I had wax coats that never got washed ...ever . 
      As long as the winds not on your neck , I’m sure it  doesn’t make much difference .

I can’t stand the smell of fox on my hands and have taken to wearing latex gloves when I pick them up . A well known member of THL came foxing with me one night and was horrified when I put gloves on to pick a fox up . He said he loves the smell , and wipes his stinking fox smelling hands on his pillow before he goes to sleep , so he can dream of the moment you break through on a dig and that fox smell hits you and you know it’s Charlie ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
53 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

I use rub fox on my coat, and deer pee too. Got me an extra second or two.

I really don’t want to shoot it bad enough to have to smell like it ? I’d never be allowed back in the house 

19 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

As long as the winds not on your neck , I’m sure it  doesn’t make much difference .

Exactly ? nothing but an old wives tale. How could you possibly know it gives you more time ? I've had foxes and roe staring you out and still given you time to get rifle off shoulder and shoot them.

2 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Exactly ? nothing but an old wives tale. How could you possibly know it gives you more time ? I've had foxes and roe staring you out and still given you time to get rifle off shoulder and shoot them.

It's for when the wind is on your neck.

Don't worry about it, it was only a passing comment. I'm not pushing for a law on it. Honest. Smell of what you wish.

2 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

1602903082_kingston080.jpg.7a94aadc131ae32f78e099612b0bc3dd.jpg

Rattled plenty with my 308.

Use to load 110g hornady v max on h4895 and get 3160 from the 20" barrel.

It looks like that ruined 243 has dropped out of a high seat and mullered that fox walking underneath.?

10 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Don't worry about it, it was only a passing comment. I'm not pushing for a law on it. Honest. Smell of what you wish.

Believe you me I often smell of blood , guts , piss ,cow shit etc...  it doesn't bother me in the slightest but the wife often pulls a face ?

• Haha 2
12 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

I know where you are coming from , the ground I do most of my shooting is in the head of a valley and the wind can change in an instant, it can be like a vortex. And it’s always when the wind is on your neck that they tend to show themselves and then wind you . 
     I avoid any strong soap or deodorant if I’m going shooting, but I’m not hardcore enough to go all sausage dog . It might well give you a second or two . The yanks have all this scent masking spray and they reckon it works . 

Nothing to do with any of this nonsense but I thought I’d put a picture up from where I’ve been working today, this is the bottom of his garden, river tees at the Yarm viaduct. And he has no interest in fishing, places like this are wasted on people like that

34049160-57E8-41FD-8733-86B4677A255D.jpeg

• Sad 1
13 hours ago, Stavross said:

Nothing to do with any of this nonsense but I thought I’d put a picture up from where I’ve been working today, this is the bottom of his garden, river tees at the Yarm viaduct. And he has no interest in fishing, places like this are wasted on people like that

34049160-57E8-41FD-8733-86B4677A255D.jpeg

That looks brilliant, but you couldn't pay me to live next to a river.

I would never sleep everytime it rained hard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3