10 minutes ago, ianm said:

That looks brilliant, but you couldn't pay me to live next to a river.

I would never sleep everytime it rained hard.

It does flood ever year even though the tees has had a barrage for the past 20 years, they have flood gates against the river and it would need to come up about 5 meters to reach the house, but I know what you mean, a couple of days of heavy rain and it would be twitchy bum time for me, he said the last time the house flooded was 1930 well before the barrage was installed 

9C79F526-8E59-4C37-8E24-A68C94507195.jpeg

• Like 2

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After receiving a message from longshanx earlier today asking if I wanted a trap to the  stables with him as the lad there had contacted him saying he had a problem fox, I thought it would be rude not

Rattled plenty with my 308. Use to load 110g hornady v max on h4895 and get 3160 from the 20" barrel.

My Mrs is a cleaning nut . I reckon if I sat still long enough, I’d get shoved in the washing machine.       I’ve got coats that I avoid washing but it’s nothing to do with scent , it’s just I fi

Posted Images

2 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

As already said wouldnt want to live next to a river  , especially with the modern climate and flash flooding all the time. I am on top of a hill so lucky in that respect. 

I know a couple who live on the side of a hill overlooking Gloucester. You would think if they got flooded then the rest of us would be in real trouble, but they got flooded. I 2007 when we had the big floods water started streaming down the hill , twigs and debris gathered and started to make a bit of a dam , then when it got really big it burst open and whoosh straight through their house .

14 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

Good grief, what a waste.  I hope In that case he’s a steam train enthusiast . 

He’s a prosecution barrister that likes trees and keeping his eye on me ( each to their own) I’ve been there again today and it’s amazing that when the trains go over you can hardly hear them, it’s an unbelievable bit of engineering, his house was built in 1810 and then they built the viaduct in 1849, to think that every brick and sandstone block was cut and laid by hand, no diggers and Stihl saws for this lot, I bet a few lost their lives working on it

23 minutes ago, Stavross said:

He’s a prosecution barrister that likes trees and keeping his eye on me ( each to their own) I’ve been there again today and it’s amazing that when the trains go over you can hardly hear them, it’s an unbelievable bit of engineering, his house was built in 1810 and then they built the viaduct in 1849, to think that every brick and sandstone block was cut and laid by hand, no diggers and Stihl saws for this lot, I bet a few lost their lives working on it

Nothing but respect for the tradesmen of yesteryear. I live near Gloucester and I have a look at the cathedral now and then   not because I’m religious or a Harry Potter fan ( hogwarts was filmed there) but to marvel at the stone masonry, and wonder how the hell they got the stone up without cherry pickers and modern scaffolding and cranes . 

On 01/07/2020 at 21:40, Stavross said:

Nothing to do with any of this nonsense but I thought I’d put a picture up from where I’ve been working today, this is the bottom of his garden, river tees at the Yarm viaduct. And he has no interest in fishing, places like this are wasted on people like that

34049160-57E8-41FD-8733-86B4677A255D.jpeg

That's one of my mates dream houses.

Even though the owner lives there he would still have to pay a fishing licence, I know its mental but you will always get some dick dobbing you in?