COURSING DOGS

maddog1974 your going to sell pups to your friends for £750? I would not want friends like you!
:clapper::clapper::clapper: ..me either :laugh::laugh::laugh:

if you wont the blood line you must pay .and any 1 how no the parents would pay that money anyway with no worrys but if you think thats alot my mate has some ferret cross jack russels for sale he wants 15 pounds each for them :feck::yes:

I would not class anyone as a friend who wanted to charge me £750 for a lurcher puppy no matter how good the "bloodline"

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thats true,see a lot of people on these sites are only into there dogs for a few yrs and wouldnt know how to bring a pup on to its full pertential so they pay the money for these dogs,i breed mine and

Posted Images

i wouldnt know the exact figure but at a guess id say the fettle bitch has changed hands for around the 20g mark in her lifetime,STs tip i believe sold one time for 13g and quickly made his new owner 8g of it back and i was walking back across the field in the forley lucky ran in when i heard m parish refuse 10g for his dog and the bloke was upping the stakes trying to convince him to sell. many other folk have been offered very good money and have not sold.

Marcus must have done well out of stud fees a around £3oo a pop,Lucky covered a lot of bitches ,I beleive.

if you look at my pics the bitch on the left of my pic her mum is fettle and her dad is smokey :boxing: top dogs when i breed her i only sell pups 2 friends and i would want 750 i pup :hmm: i think thats well worth it for her breeding :boogie: [bANNED TEXT] you think???

:drink:

she looks a beauty is she of the first mating or the second mating to smokey mines off the second mating well i sold my pups out of fettle back to splodge for 500

my pup fettle x splodge

pup1-1.jpg

fettle

13032007136.jpg

the big dog is off the first mating to smokey he was about 18 months and the little one is off the second mating he was about 4 months

untitled.jpg

nice looking dogs mate mine are the 1st cross she has favored the saluki big time .i have just bought a pup a boy wippet greyhound of a well nown racing man .the dad is tinker man 20 inch sprint wippet 8 times champ :toast: and the mum is 800 metre trach greyhound 26 inch the pup should make 24 or25 i hope the i will maybe put that over her if not my mate has salikugrey out of the charly dog and my other mate has a straight saliku out of cruse and phorahs lad

lovely dog .if you go on my freinds list go on poachers pro file and look at the straight saluki he has its fking smashing :bye:

Guest markbrick1

in my oppinion only a fool would pay £750 plus for a lurcher pup,how many of these pups are bred and how many make the grade?????the previous post goes on about a whippet greyhound i presume for summer show racing,i know a lot of people pay the money for these and ive been offered the £ for mine and there only bred out of 2 decent working dogs with speed and drive,max you mention wor john i think in this post x a greyhound you have my rough coat black bitch raced one at a game fair last yr out of him cross a top greyhound shes 22 he was 24 inch she cleaned the floor with it and it had won that day at the show,what iam saying for the money were talking theres no guarantees and snoop his dog 4 out of 5 and presume he didnt pay big£ for him???like ive said before ive been offered big£ for mine but why can these people not breed there own are fetch a pup on,???????mark

in my oppinion only a fool would pay £750 plus for a lurcher pup,how many of these pups are bred and how many make the grade?????the previous post goes on about a whippet greyhound i presume for summer show racing,i know a lot of people pay the money for these and ive been offered the £ for mine and there only bred out of 2 decent working dogs with speed and drive,max you mention wor john i think in this post x a greyhound you have my rough coat black bitch raced one at a game fair last yr out of him cross a top greyhound shes 22 he was 24 inch she cleaned the floor with it and it had won that day at the show,what iam saying for the money were talking theres no guarantees and snoop his dog 4 out of 5 and presume he didnt pay big£ for him???like ive said before ive been offered big£ for mine but why can these people not breed there own are fetch a pup on,???????mark
i paid alot for my dog and she is worth that all day long i have all ready took 600 pounds with her of 1 man so i think your wrong i got from good stock thats y i paid it and if you look at the post of top 10 hare dogs you will see her mums name and dads name in there both top dogs not fking shittt all dogs will do the job but the good ones are rare :feck::bye:
ALRIGHT PEOPLE,,,i was havin a bit chin wag with my mate tonight and he was on about the price of lurchers and coursing dogs,,i have had lurchers for a while know and only ever paid £100 for my dogs not that i wouldnt pay more i just knew the people who bred them..ive never had an all out coursing dog only what i call allrounders which i may add caught hares and other big stuff pre ban...anyway,,the conversation drifted into the price of quality coursing dogs to which we`ve both heard of people paying for thousands for well bred uns..so,my question is! how much would or have you paid for your dogs.? and have dogs you have paid good money for failed to perform,,,

cheers

scotty :drink:

i paid 1 thousand pound for my bitch saluki greyhound her dad is smokey and her mum is fettal top corsing dogs i have had in 6 months pre ban 17 hares with here and ultimated rabbits and fox .i paid 250 pounds for a other bitch she is smaller and i have had 12 hares with her and fox and plenty rabbits .but the morall of the story is the 250 dog could not go up the fenz and get 3out of 3 but the big money dog will and when i breed her if i put a top dog over her i would want 750 a pup you pay for the blood line but only 2 out of 10 pups might make it 2 the top .if you have ever heard of lucky i no he turned down 20000.pounds for that dog and spinner was 16 months old and took 4out of 4 all the time before she got run over he was offered 15 thounds for her :drink: so thing [bANNED TEXT] blood line you wont or you can bye a dog 150 pounds it will cacth all but will it take 4 hares in a row ???thats the difference between money dogs good luck any way :toast::boxing:

17 hares in 6 month thats it. and you gunna breed from it :doh: feck me. book me a pup :no:

Edited by TOMO
ALRIGHT PEOPLE,,,i was havin a bit chin wag with my mate tonight and he was on about the price of lurchers and coursing dogs,,i have had lurchers for a while know and only ever paid £100 for my dogs not that i wouldnt pay more i just knew the people who bred them..ive never had an all out coursing dog only what i call allrounders which i may add caught hares and other big stuff pre ban...anyway,,the conversation drifted into the price of quality coursing dogs to which we`ve both heard of people paying for thousands for well bred uns..so,my question is! how much would or have you paid for your dogs.? and have dogs you have paid good money for failed to perform,,,

cheers

i paid 1 thousand pound for my bitch saluki greyhound her dad is smokey and her mum is fettal top corsing dogs i have had in 6 months pre ban 17 hares with here and ultimated rabbits and fox .i paid 250 pounds for a other bitch she is smaller and i have had 12 hares with her and fox and plenty rabbits .but the morall of the story is the 250 dog could not go up the fenz and get 3out of 3 but the big money dog will and when i breed her if i put a top dog over her i would want 750 a pup you pay for the blood line but only 2 out of 10 pups might make it 2 the top .if you have ever heard of lucky i no he turned down 20000.pounds for that dog and spinner was 16 months old and took 4out of 4 all the time before she got run over he was offered 15 thounds for her :drink: so thing [bANNED TEXT] blood line you wont or you can bye a dog 150 pounds it will cacth all but will it take 4 hares in a row ???thats the difference between money dogs good luck any way :toast::boxing:[bANNED TEXT] you mean in six months is that all i only go hare corsing now and then i do foxes and rabbits as well she is only 19 months so she was 13 months ??dont run my dogs in 2 the ground matey she is now just getting write age 2 start :feck: i dont think thats bad 17 all i wanted 2 do is see if she can get them and she can in 1 week she goes up the fens then ill find out [bANNED TEXT] she can do .a bit of advise for you dont run your dogs mate when ther 2 young i think you will feck them up :clapper: and i think summer woz here wernt it ??? :feck: hard ground not my dog ill save her feet for soft ground mate i hate 2 see the stae of your dogs run at young age and in the summer are they all f****d ??? :clapper: you do [bANNED TEXT] you do and ill look after my dogs :feck: so happy running in the summer and killing pergent hares and fat rabiits easy kills :clapper: not for me ill do it the write way thanks love maddog :feck::bye:

17 hares in 6 month thats it. and you gunna breed from it :doh: feck me. book me a pup :no:

mark you keep your dogs well and they do you justice lamping and lurcher racing, jumping ect fairplay. but 99.5 percent of the time if you matched them on a decent size field or fen against a well bred daytime dog in the hands of a good man you will come second best, also racing at shows if they were to come out of traps to make sure of a level break the grew in the right hands would do the same to you. this aint a dig cos deep down i think you will be a canny fella but from time to time you let your tounge run riot a little. yes i think your dogs are good lampers, fast for lurchers they even look pretty but for the best part wont beat whippets or whippet greys at racing and wont be able to compete against a good daytime dog on the longears daytime flushing.

well said mate i think his dogs will bern out fast

mark you keep your dogs well and they do you justice lamping and lurcher racing, jumping ect fairplay. but 99.5 percent of the time if you matched them on a decent size field or fen against a well bred daytime dog in the hands of a good man you will come second best, also racing at shows if they were to come out of traps to make sure of a level break the grew in the right hands would do the same to you. this aint a dig cos deep down i think you will be a canny fella but from time to time you let your tounge run riot a little. yes i think your dogs are good lampers, fast for lurchers they even look pretty but for the best part wont beat whippets or whippet greys at racing and wont be able to compete against a good daytime dog on the longears daytime flushing.

well said mate i think his dogs will bern out fast

any way my mate has tinker man 8 champs he has one with him unbeaten never been beat so [bANNED TEXT] dog are you talking about

cheers

hello their mate i paid 50 quid for my dog its a saluki/collie-greyhound and hes a topper its always good to get you pup for a good working line but as far as im concerened you only get out of your dog as what your prepeared to put in with it ,in my opinion i might be wrong but thats how i see it mate :thumbs: time and effort = rabbits and hears ;)

Edited by jedandlevo
years ago i went to lurcher coursing and watched these dogs course hares in the uk,these dogs run for two or three minutes on a hare,they were something else,and all had suluki in their makeup,now where i hunt i could,nt see these dogs coming to terms with a hare for the fields are a little smaller than the land these dogs were running on at the time,while i was in the uk watching these hybrids and longdogs course,i noticed that they run on arable land and as far as the eye could see that had no ditches or drains for a hare to make good their escape,i have bred suluki x greyhounds in the past and i found that only a few of these make the grade for small fields and their quarry [the hare]and the others made the grade on bigger lands where they could come to terms with their quarry,and i know that some of these went to gambling men and made them richer,as for the price for dogs well 150 punts at that time was very expensive for a dog.

Very similar situation im in bull x. I had a a hare bitch, very good in big feilds, but the feilds where i am, are tiny, full of cover for the hare to get away very quickly. We need a very fast detirmed dog to get them, whippets. :D . ;)

post-2857-1199994348_thumb.jpg

Guest markbrick1

cheers

hello their mate i paid 50 quid for my dog its a saluki/collie-greyhound and hes a topper its always good to get you pup for a good working line but as far as im concerened you only get out of your dog as what your prepeared to put in with it ,in my opinion i might be wrong but thats how i see it mate :thumbs: time and effort = rabbits and hears ;)

:clapper::clapper: thats true,see a lot of people on these sites are only into there dogs for a few yrs and wouldnt know how to bring a pup on to its full pertential so they pay the money for these dogs,i breed mine and to them being burnt out after a few hares what a stupid comment they work rabbits most nights of the week and catch good nus and there not squatters, :no: max thanks for your comments but theyve beat more greyhound whippets in straight racing then theyve lost to 39 straight final racing competions and won 34 not bad hey thats from manchester to oxford midlands and cornwall and shes a collie x beat some of the top names in the lurcher racing of which you will know some??and they wernt bred for racing and thats what iam saying about the coarsing game are any thing to do with lurchers,the whippets what were put into my pups were wilhay and countrymusic some of the best is in the breeding the collie is there for the brains and stamina,mark