Fighting dogs of great Britain an ireland

4 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

The sad part is when Sam was around jcolby Lcolby Pcolby were all spitting out litters.That would be an average of 10 litters a year and you found one .So I think that would be about 2% odds back then.Numbers don't lie.

But you don't know the quality of what was being bred unless of course you were there? 

Sam has bred winners according to the records, again I don't know the score. 

Gnasher asked me to name one Colby dog that had been matched in the last 30 years, just one he said. 

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Greg ,a boring old man story to illustrate my point .....many years ago I was having a natter with an old boy in the pub ,Henry Cooper s name came up ,and the fella mentioned he had sparred with him ,

Gotta laugh at people arguing about stuff because of what they've read somewhere when chances are theyve probably never even laod hands on a proper bulldog.

I was never really a fan of Staffords but they was a lovely little dog to shape up compared to bulldogs.....they always had that scatty over enthusiastic way about them whereas the bulldogs could be s

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

The sad part is when Sam was around jcolby Lcolby Pcolby were all spitting out litters.That would be an average of 10 litters a year and you found one .So I think that would be about 2% odds back then.Numbers don't lie.

Got to give greb 10 out of 10 for research then ,my boy is relentless 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
18 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

And he literally asked me to name one dog so the laughs on him. ?

I asked you to show me just 1 proven match winning Colby dog from the last 30 years.........i was waiting for you to point me to all the many pages of the many game dog magazines that authenticated peoples/kennels show reports throughout the generations........not say " a bloke off the internet told me there was one " ?....f****n roll on you're a funny one.

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, gnasher16 said:

I love reading this sort of stuff chaps like me back then would be so jealous of the space and freedom chaps like you had we would read stories about yards of 30 and 40 dogs while trying to keep our 1 or 2 dogs quiet so the neighbours didnt kick off ?....the best bred dog i ever came into contact with was a bitch named Crunchee she was stacked with ch,s gr ch,s and roms close up in every generation but the lad that owned her lived in a pokey one bedroom flat in Luxembourg she was treated like gold dust with nocturnal conditioning it was the complete opposite here in Europe we had the money but not the facilities and sheer freedom to keep dogs the way you did over there.....conditioning was my thing back then and was in contact with some top conditioners they always made me laugh the way they would just casually talk about swim tanks,cat mills and the like......while we had the dog out on the balcony of a high rise tower block to run the slatmill ?....frustrating times !

I never thought of it that way fair play.Keeping 40 ain't as fun as it sounds ? 

4 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

But you don't know the quality of what was being bred unless of course you were there? 

Sam has bred winners according to the records, again I don't know the score. 

Gnasher asked me to name one Colby dog that had been matched in the last 30 years, just one he said. 

I didn't see Sam go but knew who did.Never seen a son or daughter of his worth a bet.

5 minutes ago, Astanley said:

Got to give greb 10 out of 10 for research then ,my boy is relentless 

He's as stubborn as any redboy dog.Meant as compliment

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I asked you to show me just 1 proven match winning Colby dog from the last 30 years.........i was waiting for you to point me to all the many pages of the many game dog magazines that authenticated peoples/kennels show reports throughout the generations........not say " a bloke off the internet told me there was one " ?....f****n roll on you're a funny one.

I did just that FFS!!! 

When I did post it you said it was false and then Rickshaw confirmed his record was authentic and his matches were reported under another name. ??

Now an apology is called for but I'll settle for a like. ?

Edited by Greb147
On 10/07/2020 at 19:46, Rickshaw swami said:

Sam's shows were in reports but under a different name can't remember it anymore.If I think of it I'll let you know to help youre argument.?

I never met Cali catcher I talked to him on the phone twice.He hunts different country than is found in Alabama and might have a use for them I don't know as I called him to discuss lurchers.When I hunted with Alan Scott he did not bring a catchdog end of.They are good guard dogs though.His catahoulas ain't no account either.Only decent hogdog I seen him have in a WILD hoghunt was a Rhodesian ridgeback.

I agree with you about the last part you've said 20 times?

As I have already posted it's like bringing knife to a gun battle.

have you ever come across any webs where you are rickshaw swami

1 minute ago, Rickshaw swami said:

I never seen one.Some people around here now peddle what's called old English bulldog.But they are an American bulldog English cross of modern times.

these are like a old southern white bulldog 

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/07/2020 at 18:47, Greb147 said:

I did just that FFS!!! 

When I did post it you said it was false and then Rickshaw confirmed his record was authentic and his matches were reported under another name. ??

Now an apology is called for but I'll settle for a like. ?

Unlike you hotshot....when it comes to dogs i believe in the age old saying " believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see "....if your " Proof ".....is the word of a stranger on the internet over the legitimate means of reporting matches over decades then no problem we all live by our own standards and understanding of life.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Unlike you hotshot....when it comes to dogs i believe in the age old saying " believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see "....if your " Proof ".....is the word of a stranger on the internet over the legitimate means of reporting matches over decades then no problem we all live by our own standards and understanding of life.

f**k me you're chasing me all over every thread. ?

Is that so, you better take that up with Rickshaw then as he has confirmed that the dogs matches were reported under a different name. 

You asked me to name "just one" colby dog that as been in the box in the last 30 year. 

I did just that, now I don't really give a rats ass if you believe it or not. ?

Edited by Greb147