Consett Lakeland

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some blood from ward etc in these. I'm from near consett, like said above mousey etc have always kept tidy looking terriers but they have all put a shift in too.

Who's the top names that show their workers? 

This is a black Lakeland I got mouse which he has just pts but got pups off him and a good red bitch through this dog which is all through Robo’s stuff from teybay so you can see the stuff he has if p

Posted Images

2 hours ago, lurchers said:

This is my mate other dog that he he has just sent me a pic of 30odd yrs of his own breeding.The red dog is a young dog what Mousey has

4060D2AC-AE74-490E-B4DC-F74D403D4627.png

48F4122D-9CA2-4475-996E-8D89DDD817BE.png

Nice looking dogs but look like they've been shaved? Worth taking the time to hand strip if possible.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, eastcoast said:

Nice looking dogs but look like they've been shaved? Worth taking the time to hand strip if possible.

The red 1 has been shaved mate as you can see which is a shame,but the Black and Tan 1 has been stripped.

12 minutes ago, Apache... said:

Unfortunately there's no shows coming up!!! 

I just think that stripping a rough coated dog is a better way of managing its coat through out its life rather than clipping it. And yes, they do look smarter when stripped but are also left with more protection against the weather/temperature drop during our "summer" time. Not all rough coated terriers have a coat that can be stripped of course.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, lurchers said:

Good job he will be out digging with then then??

Or and by the way the 1st pics I put up of a red dog then the black 1,the red 1 is 11 now with hardly any teeth left and is still doing the odd fox and producing pups,goes to show you if ya keep a dog fit and healthy and doing what it was bred for they still earn the lay down in front of the fire and not like some that’s shaking at 9yrs old and only done a little bit like some liars on here who says they are out all the time.???

Just now, Wideboy said:

Any recent pics so? 

No mate but when i speak to him tomorrow I will get him to send 1,as I was talking to him today and he was telling me how old he is now.Just goes to show ya how times fly.