Jump to content

Pure beeds where would you be without them 👍


Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

i’ll give you 200 quid if you still have em by december 😂 you’d a been better getting a few whippets mate at least there abit more robust  😂 

just got them for a bit of fun try something different, not expecting to much just have the odd spin local, not bothered how good they are tbh, my halacon days are over 😢

  • Haha 1
Link to post

  • Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

just got them for a bit of fun try something different, not expecting to much just have the odd spin local, not bothered how good they are tbh, my halacon days are over 😢

you’ll be back mate  😂 i have faith 😂 

Link to post
On 02/10/2022 at 22:50, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

This is what you want nowadays lads, couple of track greyhounds brought up as lurchers out in the fields every day, get the job done quick sharp 

74FCC382-1553-43AB-B89D-820112AD70F2.jpeg

8F7997F0-7B97-463F-A709-8F53561231C0.jpeg

82F73D0D-B416-4FF2-9F95-F876E97F8A50.jpeg

F14DB83B-A12A-433B-88AA-7D7DBCC60DD3.jpeg

You'll be surprised the stuff they'll knock over if reared right. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
44 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

salukis sandy 😂 

A Saluki is just one of the many types of ancient sighhound spread around the world. Just as a border collie is one of the many herding types from around the world,  many have genetic links and most have a recognisable look. 

Link to post
Just now, sandymere said:

A Saluki is just one of the many types of ancient sighhound spread around the world. Just as a border collie is one of the many herding types from around the world,  many have genetic links and most have a recognisable look. 

there just a a saluki sandy mongolian line if you like 😂 bred to type that suited there quarry and climate 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post

Suffice it to say that the Saluki and the Afghan contributed to the gene pools of a number of Southwest Asian breeds such as the various Tazi sighthounds and even the Mudhol Hounds found in northern India.

 

The Greyhound is a sighthound that has always been presumed to be a primitive breed originating in the Middle East is. However, once scientists could properly analyze its genome, the centuries-hidden truth emerged. The Greyhound has an ancient heritage alright, just not quite as ancient as we had assumed. Along with several other sighthounds, the Greyhound has its genetic roots in Celtic herding dogs.

The Celts introduced the Greyhound into Western Europe as they migrated out of their homeland on the steppes of Eastern Europe and Eurasia. Greyhounds and Greyhound-type dogs are common in central Europe, Spain, and the British Isles—everywhere the Celts settled. Actually, as early as 1853, John Henry Walsh, writing under the pseudonym “Stonehenge,” made a clear case for a Celtic origin for the breed in his book, “The Greyhound.” Their Celtic origin would place the Greyhound within the European wolf clade.

 

Link to post
11 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Suffice it to say that the Saluki and the Afghan contributed to the gene pools of a number of Southwest Asian breeds such as the various Tazi sighthounds and even the Mudhol Hounds found in northern India.

 

The Greyhound is a sighthound that has always been presumed to be a primitive breed originating in the Middle East is. However, once scientists could properly analyze its genome, the centuries-hidden truth emerged. The Greyhound has an ancient heritage alright, just not quite as ancient as we had assumed. Along with several other sighthounds, the Greyhound has its genetic roots in Celtic herding dogs.

The Celts introduced the Greyhound into Western Europe as they migrated out of their homeland on the steppes of Eastern Europe and Eurasia. Greyhounds and Greyhound-type dogs are common in central Europe, Spain, and the British Isles—everywhere the Celts settled. Actually, as early as 1853, John Henry Walsh, writing under the pseudonym “Stonehenge,” made a clear case for a Celtic origin for the breed in his book, “The Greyhound.” Their Celtic origin would place the Greyhound within the European wolf clade.

 

What's run off and eat the quarry in Arabic 

  • Haha 2
Link to post

The Society regards the word Saluki and the  word Tazi as linguistic identifiers for the same hunting hound of the Middle East. The differences seen in coat, color, and degree of feathering are a combination of strain selection for a particular geographic area and coat genetics.  The Saluki/Tazi has historically had two coat expressions with the smooth coat being genetically dominant. Both coat expressions occur in all populations.

Link to post
18 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

The Society regards the word Saluki and the  word Tazi as linguistic identifiers for the same hunting hound of the Middle East. The differences seen in coat, color, and degree of feathering are a combination of strain selection for a particular geographic area and coat genetics.  The Saluki/Tazi has historically had two coat expressions with the smooth coat being genetically dominant. Both coat expressions occur in all populations.

feathery looking fuckers want a bullet....very gay 

  • Haha 4
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...