3 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

I've always liked the look of those old Webleys - some of them fetch good money.

That'll be a nice project :yes:

That's what hes hoping to do, restore it or get it restored then he said it might even go up on the wall

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/05/2020 at 15:11, Phill-W68 said:

My brother-in-law picked this up this morning, webley mk1 think he said 1926, looks like it needs a bit of tlc

Screenshot_20200529-150748_WhatsApp.jpg

Hi Phill

Around the first 500 of the total 1,500 produced of these were etched but webley soon found out that the etching wore off!, The text (Patent's etc) were impressed in to the metal after that, There's not many of the etched ones left that have legible etching, I was lucky enough to drop on one local to me!

Here's mine, Along with a mk2 service rifle and a mk3 underlever ?

kxy8hIf.jpg

The etching that's still on mine (It's starting to fade now so i'm not cleaning it too often!!)

rPOQ0Cv.jpg

FqLXZgM.jpg

EUjVXJT.jpg

I think production was from 1926 to 1929 (The mk2 Service rifle was introduced in 1929 ? )

They realise good prices these days, I can recall two tatty ones selling some years ago for £600 each! ?

John ?

Edited by johnbaz
  • Like 1
40 minutes ago, philpot said:

How many rifles have you got John .................................................................... I will have a bet there are quite a few.

Phil

I think around 120 and around 50 pistols ?

John ?

• Thanks 1
Just now, johnbaz said:

I think around 120 and around 50 pistols ?

John ?

I nearly said, over a hundred but thought that might seem silly .................................................... WOW John, that is some collection.

Phil

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...