Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
cantona

Whippet height

Recommended Posts

My whippet bitch is 7 months next week, 21” do they keep growing height wise until about nine months like lurcher or are they finished at 7 months like terriers

Share this post


Link to post

My whippet dog is about 22.5 ish and was probably already that size at 7/8 months old and just filled out rather than up. He is a big lad for a whippet but is a non ped so wouldn’t be surprised if there’s some grey in his make up. Is yours ped or non ped?

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Bobtheferret said:

My whippet dog is about 22.5 ish and was probably already that size at 7/8 months old and just filled out rather than up. He is a big lad for a whippet but is a non ped so wouldn’t be surprised if there’s some grey in his make up. Is yours ped or non ped?

If it's a non ped its definitely got greyhound in it...my non peds about 25tts and 52lb,he was growing and filling out till he was 2 year old. The really small non peds ie 16lbers are done by 10 month.A lot depends on the breeding...

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, northern lad said:

If it's a non ped its definitely got greyhound in it...my non peds about 25tts and 52lb,he was growing and filling out till he was 2 year old. The really small non peds ie 16lbers are done by 10 month.A lot depends on the breeding...

That is a big whippet,I thought mine were big at 32 and 33lb.A big dog like yours would handle a lot of game over here including pigs.Mine both have greyhound blood plus the blue one has stag blood.

20180110_124636-1.jpg

tilly.JPG

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Loton Moocher said:

Feck 32 is there deerhound in ur whippets aus ?

Yeah, the blue bitch is 1/4 Oz staghound,so 1/8 deerhound way back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Aussie Whip said:

Yeah, the blue bitch is 1/4 Oz staghound,so 1/8 deerhound way back.

They inner whippets then obviously ? 

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

That is a big whippet,I thought mine were big at 32 and 33lb.A big dog like yours would handle a lot of game over here including pigs.Mine both have greyhound blood plus the blue one has stag blood.

20180110_124636-1.jpg

tilly.JPG

Hes a big, strong dog,but I wont let him near anything other than a lure...maybe once hes retired from racing...tbh I'd say hes physically capable of taking anything over here,but with so much speed accidents are bound to happen,I buried a very fast beddy whippet /non ped couple years ago,blew his neck out in the field..couple of month shy of 2yr old..best dog I've ever had,I'd swap my left nut for another day with him..The non peds over here are anywhere between 16lb and near 70lb,mines the biggest out of the litter,some of them are under 30 lbs...

Edited by northern lad
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Loton Moocher said:

They inner whippets then obviously ? 

You'd probably call them lurchers there,they refer to any mongrel running dogs as staghounds here but I don't class mine as stags.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Aussie Whip said:

You'd probably call them lurchers there,they refer to any mongrel running dogs as staghounds here but I don't class mine as stags.

Dunno wat they is but they defo inner whippets bud , but who cares if they do wat u wAnt ? Does it really matter ? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Loton Moocher said:

Dunno wat they is but they defo inner whippets bud , but who cares if they do wat u wAnt ? Does it really matter ? 

What's inner whippets?not heard that before...

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, northern lad said:

best dog I've ever had,I'd swap my left nut for another day with him..

I'm like that with my blue bitch,she's 7 now so I pic the ground for her now,she has nearly been killed numerous times with her daredevil antics so we are both slowing down now lol.

Edited by Aussie Whip
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, northern lad said:

What's inner whippets?not heard that before...

I was just about to ask that.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...